Castle Wall new pieces

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Proteus Tempest, Jan 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

I've been working for some time to create a wall in my POT and have found that in some configurations it is impossible to make the walled area square.

When I say square I mean in some configurations the walls are too short or too long. If you have worked with the crafted castle walls for any length of time you know what I mean.

My solution is to use current game statues fitted to small castle wall pieces that would fit these small gaps.

Shorter walled pieces would do as well but with current ingame statues it would let us personalize our POT a bit more or even players with lots that they have put up castle walls on.

As an example a STONE STRAIGHT CASTLE WALL that is too long could have another piece that is half its length

or

allow the collision on the ends of the walls to be decrease so we could merge them further if this is possible.

2. Lesni

Lesni Avatar

It has been a long time since I did a castle.
    The last one I did was on a castle deed and it was difficult to fit the pieces.
    I covered about 98% of the deed land with walls. It took a long time to fit them.

I found that when butting them together, you must be sure they are 'square' to each other.
    Sometimes you need to stand on the top of one wall to match the other properly.

I think it is a bug but I also found that if you are 'very' careful you can overlap the wall pieces and it fully fills the gaps. When they get close to touching, hold the shift key down (it slows the movement and turning) and move the piece closer in the smallest increments. Let it go often while it is green as it gets closer and closer. Eventually it will mesh or go inside the other section.

Another 'little known' bug is to move them while standing inside the wall.
    That is accomplished by putting two chairs or seats beside the wall. One seat makes you sit facing the wall and one facing away from the wall.

Sit down on the one facing the wall and then stand up and you will be inside the wall.
    Move the wall slowly while in there and when finished, click on the other chair (facing away from the wall) and you will sit and can stand up outside of the wall. If all else fails, type /stuck :)

Jaesun and Lord Stein like this.
  3. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

Agreed on all counts as you have mentioned but most of the pieces are the same length but not all of them.

I may be wrong but the stone corner towers are not the same length as most of the other pieces and that is what gave me a hang up this time. many of the pieces though are as long as row lots are wide.

Anyway shorter pieces would be helpful.

4. Sea Bear

Sea Bear Avatar

Afternoon Proteus Tempest,

I have a similar issue with the crafted palisade walls and the crafted cobblestone roadway pavers I am putting down. No matter how I align the walls one side or the other has a uncovered patch of ground about half the width of the paver that goes the entire length of the side. Is their a way to cut them in half so to speak or shorten a palisade wall? I have tried to crowd the walls together a bit like Lesni is saying to fill the gap, but my fort is not that wide to cover the open space.

Maybe it is just going to have to be as is and put some bushes and trees in that section to hid it.

This type of problem has been going on since day one of them giving us walls for POTs.! and here we sit 4 years later, but now we don't even get a comment or hint that a fix will come. Makes one realize how horribly understaffed this games development team is. anyway I digress it is what it is.

Proteus Tempest likes this.
  5. Lord Stein

Lord Stein Avatar

Go back to static walls or at least an option. It is impossible for an average person to align entire keep or castle walls perfectly. I liked it better before. Mine is slightly crooked and never meets all the way around exactly.

Atmosfear, Beaumaris and Lesni like this.
  6. Lesni

Lesni Avatar

I could be remembering wrong but some of the pieces I used were different lengths.
    i.e. some gates were longer than others. The standard side walls were all the same I think but some of the corners were slightly different. (inside/outside).
    Also, you can use the pie shaped pieces to make a smaller section by putting several together.

7. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Or, maybe use the dungeon building tech to make the walls snappable.

8. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

They have long said they wanted to add a "snapping" option to placing walls. Hopefully that gets a priority for Episode 2.

Jaesun likes this.
  9. Duke Olahorand

Duke Olahorand Localization Team

Still upset about the disappearance of fix walls as a possibility with basically no real benefit for those, who wanted them to stay.
    Cannot place any items on top of the wall pieces and hang almost nothing on them. (You could not with the fixed walls either, but having this different would at least give a reason to prefer the flex walls.)
    Walls disappear as soon as you decide to change the house - requiring to rebuild them each time you want a design change for some reason. (Players should be able to split up between swapping house only - at least if it is smaller or same size than any other placed content - and the full lot.)
    Walls for Duke island keep not visible from the next docks end point unless you visited the island first - only the naked house is there.
    And the rounded corner towers require to place the walls disadjusted.

*Salute*
    Olahorand

Lesni likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.