Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Quest: Deliver Geisterseelen to Mahs or Orater not working

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by Diego Mas, Jan 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diego Mas

Diego Mas Avatar

01/21/2019 20:52
    Title: Deliver Geisterseelen to Mahs or Orater not working
    Reproduction Rate: One character
    Blocker? New players are frustrated and questioning the guild
    Details: See Steps, use to be called (Gray area choices).
    Steps to Reproduce:
    Completed the quest to get though the cave of souls last release, recieved slightly used Geisterseelen (looked like a flower arrangement in inventory). Other reports said that is a reward at the end of the quest. So knowing how other quests have had to be reset by deleting quest items from inventory I deleted it an went back to the orater to get another essence then went to the mine to open the cave of souls. I received a Geisterseelen Skull. I could not turn this in to the orater it wanted the Geisterseelen.

The orater would not give me another essence to try again.

Reference:
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/essence-and-ice-cant-turn-in-quest.148090/

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8) System RAM: 32719
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 GPU RAM: 8081
    SotA.QA.Win.64.790.Date.01.19.19
    Area: POT_tropicalisland_metropolis_01_template/Blue Rose Isle
    Area Display Name: Blue Rose Isle
    Loc: (-454.5, 94.0, 472.0)
    Debug: UE9UX3Ryb3BpY2FsaXNsYW5kX21ldHJvcG9saXNfMDFfdGVtcGxhdGV8Qmx1ZSBSb3NlIElzbGV8KC00NTQuNTEyLCA5NC4wMTEsIDQ3Mi4wMDQpfCgwLCAwLjY3NiwgMCwgMC43MzcpfDI3NS43Nzk5fDMwLjkwNzUyfDYuODY1ODI5

Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
  2. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thanks for the report! Issue #63702

3. Sannio

I had a question for you. I saw that there isn't any Geisterseelen Skull in the game, but there is a Geistenmagier Skull that you can get from killing a monster outside the cave of skulls. I think this is the skull you mentioned. I think you still haven't collected the Gesiterseelen yet. Inside the cave of skulls is a glowing urn on a big block of ice. When you interact with that urn, you get a "Geisterseelen" which has an icon that looks like a blue vase. That Geisterseelen urns is what the Orator or Whiteguard Mahrs wants.

Could you confirm for me which item you have? And if you go back into the cave to double-click on the blue urn, please let me know if you get something and if that somethng is the Geisterseelen that lets you continue with the quest.

4. Diego Mas

Diego Mas Avatar

I would have tried again but was unable to get another essence from the Orater, will try again in case it was a daily limit.

5. Diego Mas

Diego Mas Avatar

With the character reset that happened today I cannot fully verify the sequence of events. The Geistenmagier Skull seems to be from highvale outskirts on the quest that would not finished in the past but now completes.

Seems to be working, I had multiple essences in my bag today and was able to get the Geisterseelen. Turned it into the Orater. I still had an essence to sent back to the mine. The cave of souls was still opened, not sure if 5 minutes had passed, but I was able to grab another Geisterseelen. Went to Resolute to turn into the Mahrs but he would not talk to me since I had passed the Geisterseelen to the Orater.

I think its all working, but I already had essence in my bag, this time. Full sequence cannot be evaluated.

On another note: I saw my first Lich in a seige in perhaps the last 6 months. It was resolute vs POT which I normally seige.

6. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

are you sure this is dropping?

7. Diego Mas

Diego Mas Avatar

The Geistenmagier Skull is a quest reward dropped from Highvale outskirts quests, just still had it locked in my pack while waiting for that quest line to be repaired. It was obtained several months ago, it should still drop.

8. Alley Oop

edit: actually, not the same. that's the geistesser skull, not geistenmagier.

ah, thanks for that. i forgot it's the same icy lich. it's probably wrong to say it can be gotten from a mob outside the broken echoes ice cave, though; i suspect it only drops from the highvale one.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
  9. Sannio

Thanks for all the updates!

10. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

Should be Geistermagier instead of Geistenmagier.

11. Diego Mas

Diego Mas Avatar

I can confirm that the Geistermagier skull drops from the big dude outside Cave of souls.

12. Alley Oop

really? i hung around and killed ten of him, how long did it take you? were you on the quest?

13. Diego Mas

Diego Mas Avatar

Got the first skull with less than a half dozen, and about 20 more for the next. This does not light up like the skulls from Highvale outskirts though. Maybe place the slightly used Geisterseelen behind it to get the lighting effect.

Alley Oop likes this.
  14. Alley Oop

okay, i'll go back. thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.