Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Can't masterwork/enchant clockwork wings/backpacks

Discussion in 'Crafting, Harvesting, Salvage, & Agriculture' started by ldykllr, Jan 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ldykllr

ldykllr Avatar

01/18/2019 18:29
    Title: Can't masterwork/enchant clockwork wings/backpacks
    Reproduction Rate: N/A
    Blocker? N/A
    Details: Testing out the different items and you can mw/enchant cloaks, but clockwork wings/backpacks you cannot. I don't know if this in the build yet, but assumed since cloaks could be done, that the other backslot items should be able to be worked....

Steps to Reproduce: Craft some clockwork wings/backpack and then try to mw or enchant
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 970 @ 3.20GHz (12) System RAM: 16375
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GPU RAM: 6052
    SotA.QA.Win.64.789.Date.01.18.19
    Area: POT_island_metropolis_01_template/Diamond Fields
    Area Display Name: Diamond Fields
    Loc: (31.3, 90.2, 27.9)
    Debug: UE9UX2lzbGFuZF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxX3RlbXBsYXRlfERpYW1vbmQgRmllbGRzfCgzMS4yNiwgOTAuMTU2LCAyNy44NTcpfCgwLCAtMC43MDcsIDAsIC0wLjcwNyl8MTAzLjI1Nnw0My42MjE5NHw1Ljk2OTEyNQ==

Traveller13 and Lained like this.
  2. Scooby Doo

Scooby Doo Avatar

Also can't masterwork or enchant leather quiver's.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
    ldykllr and Alley Oop like this.
  3. Hemswal The Descended

Hemswal The Descended Avatar

Version 798 and still cannot MW/enchant wings

4. Elas TheWise

Elas TheWise Avatar

I concur no master working of items other than the three crafted cloak styles.

5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Did you try just putting everything on the crafting table to see if the Craft button lights up?

jiirc and Jaesun like this.
  6. Hemswal The Descended

Hemswal The Descended Avatar

If you're asking me, the answer is yes.

Barugon likes this.
  7. John Striker

John Striker Avatar

I can confirm as of QA release 799 that the crafted items: Clockwork Wings, Back Pack, and Quiver CAN NOT be masterworked or enchanted. This is one of the main feature upgrades of this release that many players have been waiting on for many months.

I have not seen any Devs mention that they know this is a bug/problem or just a work in progress since it does work on cloaks. Of course, I may have missed a post on the subject somewhere.

Is there an official QA Patch Notes change web page to just check what has been added by the past patches to the QA server per release. If Not, could someone add a QA Patch Note page or forum post for each QA Patch release. It would save everyone time having to retest items over and over again only to find out they still are not added to the QA server. It would save the Devs having to post that "such and such feature" has not been added to QA server yet so don't start testing it yet.

I have only been able to masterwork and enchant the crafted cloak which seems to work on QA since about 794 which is why this problem seems to be a bug. If time is running out to get all the special skills for back slots programmed, I would be happy if we could just use the same standard type of masterwork and enchants that are working on the cloaks.

I am sure everyone is extra busy with the server move to the new datacenter.
    Keep up the good work!

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  8. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Aye... I keep testing too and I hardly ever test QA stuff :(. I hope it makes it in.

9. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

They have never, ever given us detailed patch notes for QA builds. What gets added in each build would require them to spend extra time gathering that information, time better spent elsewhere. The best we have are the notes in the other thread that lists what’s been fixed, task completed, bugs done, etc. Its usually up-to-date, but doesn’t seem to be maintained very well this month. Other than the first publish, it hasn’t been updated since then.

10. Armeleon Vesaz

Armeleon Vesaz Avatar

Still can't enchant backpack on build 800.

Widsith [MGT] likes this.
  11. ldykllr

ldykllr Avatar

Yep and same with quivers.... @DarkStarr is this going to make R62? It's on the R62 Post but this will not have been tested at all at this point....

Widsith [MGT] and Worfgar like this.
  12. Worfgar

Worfgar Avatar

It also appears that the type of material you use to make the wings/cloaks etc does not add any attributes to the item. Was this intended?

13. John Striker

John Striker Avatar

Jiirc, so you have confirmed that their is no patch notes for the QA server, which is what I could not find.

I have been playing since 2014 and started trying to help with QA bug hunting 5 or 6 releases ago when it looked liked the game testing needed some more help. Many of the new releases were released with many bugs and caused a series of patches to patch the patches. As you can see by my very low message count I rarely have ever posted on anything but bugs/problems I found. A form of patch note communication to the bug hunter volunteers, through a forum post category, would make testing actual changes to the QA server much more targeted to the changes to code. Why have ten or twenty testers all wasting their time testing something that has not been added to the QA yet. Since the Devs are already spending the time to comment on QA bugs it would save everyone time if there was a more methotical method of communication when dealing with volunteer QA testers from all over the world. The net time saving for everyone would be much greater than the time it takes to cut and paste in a text file of completed patch notes. The internal Dev team would have to this information somewhere to even function.

I have found my short time as a QA tester fustrating trying to guess if a game feature has actually been added to the QA server code or not. I have tested all the back slots about 5 times now since the QA server came on line and I still don't know if the back slots other than the cloak are bugged or not even patched yet. This thread was started 11 days ago and STILL no Dev has bothered to tell us if this is a bug or just not patched in yet. We are only a couple of days from release day which at this point does not give much testing time.

I am clearly not the only one with this concern.

While on the subject of POSITIVE CHANGES that could be made to QA testing I would like to just add a few suggestions.

1. Give all QA testers who login on the QA Server:
    a.) 100,000 cotos.
    b.) 20 million Gold.
    c.) 500 million adventure and crafting XP.
    d.) One Potion of Guidance with a 10,000X percent learn rate on all skills that lasts 30 days.
    e.) Give new game items (ie: up coming stretch rewards) that need testing to the rewards accounts of Testers on QA.
    f.) Scolls of unlearning.

Since testing characters often do not have the resources to follow through on testing items or proceedures which their live characters do not already own.

Reason:
    I.) Testers can't test the store without the cotos (a.) to actually buy items and test store transactions or the item itself. New housing, dungeons or lot changes require many cotos to test. There is no way to add cotos to a test account so how can people test lot upgrades requiring hundreds of cotos?

II.) Testers often need gold to buy Items for crafting or purchase items to test from other players. A tester may need to buy (b.) thousands of ore, ingots, cloth or other material to test new crafting items.

III.) Testers need to quickly unlearn(f) or learn new skills so a large pool of XP (c) and a Super fast potion for Guidance (d) will save tester hours! For example fishing required way too many hours to learn four new skills. Testers may have to learn a completely new skill tree to test elemental pets or some other new skill.

IV.) It is a TEST SERVER so it is all WIPED after the release goes live so why not just give QA Testers EVERY TOOL they need to help test. Having the needed resources to carry out complete testing would lead to fewer bugs making it to release and a happier player base in general. Having these resources will also entice some new QA testers to help with testing.

I think the QA lottery system in place now means that the DEV team sees the need to give testers extra resources to test but lets follow the line of logic to it natural conclusion which is to give testers EVERYTHING they might possibly need to test all changes. These "free test resources" cost nothing to give to testers who volunteer their time and no one wants to "grind" resources on a test server to get these resources. I am sure a few people would buy things on the test server with their free cotos/gold and decide they wanted to buy the real item on the LIVE server which is a win - win situation for the game.

...where did the day go? ;)

the Lacedaemonian likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.