Upgrading Tax Free Lots

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Calan Caitin, Jan 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

Well. I was thinking expiration in terms of like the "Disney Vault". You can purchase a product until it is no longer available for sale. Then years later, it can be released again for sale.

When speaking about exclusive items meaning they are never available again, I'm thinking in terms like the LOTM Castle. This one for example.

https://web.archive.org/web/2014122...4/03/featuredImageSmallLordOfTheManorHome.jpg

That's an exclusive home. You can't get it again. Period. it was listed as exclusive.

I'm not seeing the problem. Right or wrong, that's my opinion.

Pledges had a lot of exclusive items which you can't get again. Such as the Lord Marshal Great Hearth. It was listed as an exclusive item. I have titles that are exclusive to my pledge level.

Ok. Getting off my soap box. I've had my say. And I haven't seen a compelling example otherwise.

2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

And, if you haven't noticed, you can no longer purchase a tax-free place anywhere deed.

Elwyn and Sentinel2 like this.
  3. Kaizen Strava

Kaizen Strava Avatar

*chuckles* well nope. that would fall more into the category of;
    Expire=(of a person) die.
    synonyms: die, pass away/on, decease, perish, depart this life, be no more, breathe one's last, draw one's last breath, meet one's end, meet one's death, meet one's Maker, give up the ghost, go to the great beyond, cross the great divide, shuffle off this mortal coil, go the way of the/all flesh, go to one's last resting place

But we are talking about an agreement in this context.
    It is perfectly understandable, the perception that exists, given the duality of the word "expire"

4. Astor Cerberus

Astor Cerberus Avatar

No, that gallon of milk is gone.... but it doesn't mean that you'll never be able to buy another gallon of milk again... there's more milk, and there are more deeds....

Sentinel2 and Hephestes like this.
  5. smack

smack Avatar

So a couple years ago someone asked if expired pledges can be brought back for purchase or upgraded to, and this was the response from Darkstarr:

But yeah...again...who knows...words don't have much meaning here. :rolleyes:

6. Kaizen Strava

Kaizen Strava Avatar

Seems like they kept that promise. They did not re-open the pledge opportunity and the items did not come back that were noted "exclusive"
    Well, actually, the lot deeds themselves are not "back" (not among the items marked exclusive but beside the point of this comment). You only have the chance to upgrade a smaller version of the same type.
    Also, his question referred to upgrading the pledge, not a lot deed.

Elwyn, King Robert and Sentinel2 like this.
  7. ErikRulez

ErikRulez Avatar

I would...

1. Create Keeper of the Faith lot deeds to correspond to the existing deeds for row, village, town, city. (Tax 1gp/day) - no promises of being exclusive
    2. Create Keeper of the Faith Place Anywhere Fortress and Caer lots that are 1 row lot (or an increment that makes sense) bigger than the old keep/castle (taxed but the rate is 1/day) - no promises of being exclusive
    3. Allow "Exclusive" TF keep/castle lots to upgrade to the KOF lots for free.
    4. Allow "Exclusive" TF keep/castle lots to be split into 2 or 4 KOF city lots respectively for free
    5. Have free conversions from TF lots to KOF lots have lot upgrades contingent on being a KOF lot (at this time)
    6. Do the same with POT deeds if needed.

This would mean new templates and some work around the new big lot types but it would keep the old lots "exclusive" but allow a path going forward to keep the game running and hopefully grow.

Astor Cerberus likes this.
  8. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

I haven't... because I never afixed any monetary value to my pixels.

Sir Frank, Elwyn, Jaesun and 4 others like this.
  9. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Yes

After all, the main ingredient in cheese is milk that's gone bad. You can make cottage cheese by cooking sour milk in a double boiler over simmering water until it begins to whey (when the watery part of milk separates from the curd, or cheese).

Mar 28, 2018
    What to Do With Spoiled Milk — From Baking With It to Facial ...
    https://www.sheknows.com/food-and-recipes/articles/973481/in-a-pickle-what-to-do-with-spoiled-milk/

Nope see above.

10. Forum Name

Forum Name Avatar

So can they let me upgrade in game items that were expired? Will I be able to turn my 2018 LB cake into the 2014 version soon? I sure hope so.

And folks lawyering what expired means, you can do the same to exclusive, so again, if we are doing that let’s just offer up all past pledge items for sale and call it good. Let’s not just half measure it with tax free deeds- we have think outside the box if we want move forward, right?

If Port did not mean expired to mean gone and not coming back , I would say that is extremely duplicitous.

11. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

[​IMG]

Elwyn and Mishikal like this.
  12. Tazar

Tazar Avatar

While the suggestion may hold merit, I can't see it being implemented in game... It would mean redoing most towns to allow space to accommodate lots larger than a castle. Too much work for the Dev's and most POT owners.

13. Godra

Godra Avatar

Would that be an "Exclusive" cheese you are making with that milk? :D:D:D

Come on, got to laugh at that one!!! ;)

Duke Gréagóir likes this.
  14. Uncle Ben

Uncle Ben Avatar

The problem is how are we going to proceed from this point? I am sure a few people will deplete their wallet and get their deeds upgrade to Keep/City lot just in case this feature is disabled.
    How will the players who are unable to shell out a ton of cotos within this "grace period" react if the Keep/City lot upgrade functions are no longer available after the patch?

I am surprised that such a major change in game was not reviewed more carefully by Port before releasing it on live server.

15. King Robert

King Robert Avatar

If they have reduced staff, do you think lawyers were kept in house let alone on retainer? Nope. Else none of this would have been discussed let alone implemented.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
  16. King Robert

King Robert Avatar

And I reiterate my believe in Port and @LordBritish and that they will change this bad decision and honor the pledges they sold. That is why I purchased another top pledge for the new world...... and 4 of the top two pledges last time...... I maintain my faith even when I show poor judgement at times. Sorry for those.

17. Uncle Ben

Uncle Ben Avatar

I think a roll back for the already upgraded Keep/Castle lots during this period is needed to be done IF they decided those two deeds are exclusive to Duke, LOTM.
    Just to be fair to everyone or at least the majority of the players.
    We can only wait and see.

18. King Robert

King Robert Avatar

More than fair friend. No one should be hurt to right a wrong.

19. Animosh

Animosh Avatar

one word.....cheese..... Your gallon of milk will be good again just in a different way. Does this mean that someone devalued what you paid for the milk to begin with?

20. Forum Name

Forum Name Avatar

Port is doing all they can with very limited resources. Clearly from my impassioned pleas here I don’t excuse this just being thrown out on live without much review, but I understand why it is happening. They are in a fight for survival and not enough hands on deck. I mean, senior members of the tech team appear to be addressing this, something in the past that would be handled by the COO and legal.

I don’t excuse forgetting past commitments because the business infrastructure appears degraded, but it is sadly not super surprising.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.