1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Shipping Phase 2 Update - December 2018

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Dec 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corlag TheBard

Corlag TheBard Avatar

Any word on when the books will ship? I've had my box for months and months now, but still haven't heard news about the physical book that was part of my pledge.

Amelli, smack, Pickley and 1 other person like this.
  2. Tiki Pirate

Tiki Pirate Avatar

Maybe the words didn't fit on the page?

Amelli and Pickley like this.
  3. Trab

Trab Avatar

Dum di Dum.
    Still hoping for a....... hmmm any response...

Amelli likes this.
  4. clone62

clone62 Avatar

Hello good day, I still do not receive my physical copy of the game, I think that enough time has already passed, they had promised that by the beginning of January this issue would be solved, now fix my address, pay the $ 30 shipping, but there is no communication , at least let people know what is happening or is going to happen, it seems to me a total lack of respect with the people that in good faith believed in this project since the beginning, I hope an answer without stupid excuses .... by the way, I see that in amazon you can buy the game at a price much lower than what we paid for us, I paid $ 150 plus $ 30 for shipping and I see the same product online at 19.90 $, incredible but true ....

Trab, Tiki Pirate and Amelli like this.
  5. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

The amazon boxes don't have the items that the versions from pledges have, however.

6. clone62

clone62 Avatar

They seem quite similar, but I can not be sure since I did NOT receive my box....

Tiki Pirate and Amelli like this.
  7. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Have you contacted
    support@portalarium.com ?

8. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

I did. They just say it'll get sent when it gets sent.

Jaesun likes this.
  9. Forum Name

Forum Name Avatar

Oof - that is an interesting response... Meanwhile, if you would only just buy the $139 signed box from the add on store, they will ship it out within 48 hours, with a personal note from Atos, and a picture of your box and his dog(?). But that box you paid for a long time ago via a pledge - ehhh, we'll get to it when we get it.

10. clone62

clone62 Avatar

Yes, but they respond with an automated message, it seems that there is no one behind that email address.

This is the message:

Thank you for contacting us! We have received your request and are working on responding to you as soon as possible.

Since we are a small team, please allow up to 10 business days for a reply. During release weeks, responses may take longer.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you in advance in your understanding.

If you have any additional information to add to this case, please reply to this email at any time. For a faster response, please do not submit an additional ticket. Thank you.

Amelli and Jaesun like this.
  11. clone62

clone62 Avatar

As I wrote earlier, a total lack of respect for people who believed in the project....

12. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

If you read the stand up notes you will see they are doing the best they can. We cannot go back and make this better so we still need to try to have patience. If you watch the stand-up notes it mentions shipping info too. Just set it to watch thread. Here is the latest shipping info.
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/standup-corner.2315/page-70#post-1196227
    Tuesday January 29, 2019

ART:
    Damon: Bugs! Fixing wolves so their tongue doesn't stick out the side of their head or their neck!

DESIGN
    Brandon Cotton: Bugs, Forums, Weight balancing
    Keith Quinn: Just ran out screaming "MY DOG IS DESTROYING STUFF!" Also helped out with dragon spawning
    Travis: Dungeon rooms, bugs

TECH
    Bobby Thompson: Fixing Chris's VPN stuff. Bugs.
    Jason Yenawine: Crown store, data sharpening, server transition work, bugs, forums, async thread work to fix allocs,
    Joaquin Del Canto: Store!!! Tools to help us more easily manage the store.
    Justin Gilbert: Bugs and performance, texture streaming work!
    Ken Pfile: Live build prep, QA builds, deed update work

PRODUCTION/OPS
    Richard Garriott: STILL SICK! Sicker than ever! 100% offline yesterday.
    Chris Spears: Dex balance work, Server transition planning (only need to move 17 more boxes in the next few weeks, no problem!)
    S
    tarr Long: Release 62 post, Release 62 livestream planning and post, jira triaging

13. Forum Name

Forum Name Avatar

You don't think it is maybe a bit tone deaf to advertise special goodies and 48 hour shipping if someone buys the $139 SotA box, while so many still have not received their collector's boxes? It screams "we care about new money, not so much about those who gave us money long ago".

Tiki Pirate and Amelli like this.
  14. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

No I don't but people will take it however they do no matter what. I don't think anyone is out to get you or ummm not you necessarily. I think the focus is on surviving for this game and even though it feels personal I know in my heart it is not. I hope people can find some more patience but of course to me it is just an un-opened box and nothing more atm. What would I do with it if I opened it? Well for now I am not opening it. The team I know will do their best to get the boxes out as soon as they can.

15. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Um, that's not talking about shipping boxes to paying customers. That's talking about servers (AKA a box). He needs to move 17 more servers in the next few weeks. Zero to do with pledges or anything else related to the product boxes.

Bom likes this.
  16. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yes I got it in the other thread. Thanks :)

Mishikal likes this.
  17. Forum Name

Forum Name Avatar

It isn't about it being personal, it is about taking care of your backers respectfully. There is a stack of boxes in the office that are collector's boxes - people keep asking for updates on when the rest will ship and either hear nothing or get repeatedly told to mail support@portalarium.com, which folks either hear nothing back on or have examples like above "They just say it'll get sent when it gets sent.". If that is the team doing it's best..yikes. And then they top it by offering express shipping on a different box sitting in the office, but to get that you need to spend $139. And yes, some of us care about the boxes even though you may not.

I guess a lot people around here think that is doing their best - I wish my customers had that low of expectations.

MrBlight, Tiki Pirate and Amelli like this.
  18. clone62

clone62 Avatar

The question is quite simple, I will receive the box with the game yes or no, if the answer is yes, when, if the answer is no, why not, thank you ....

GraveDncer likes this.
  19. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Well perhaps the question is simple but the answer is you will receive it when you do as all of those backers who are supposed to get boxes will. Talking to support until you do is what there is to do.

20. Mylady ‘Gin Gin Darlin

Mylady ‘Gin Gin Darlin Avatar

(source)

I’m sorry am I reading this right!? So your pressing concern to which you will give all your undivided attention to and priority shipping PLUS extra is to NEW purchases only!?
    @Chris this is what you should have done for all those STILL waiting for their boxes that have already paid for them years ago!!!! Not new customers.

People still haven’t received boxes paid for, and instead of concentrating on getting remaining boxes to those waiting, your more concerned with selling more boxes!!!

Honestly if this was any other company an apology would have been issued ASAP and all further boxes (and the missing books) would be shipping with free priority mail and tracking at the companies cost.

Such poor taste to customers still waiting and an absolute slap in the face.

I’m done.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.