My 2 cents

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Duke William of Serenite, Feb 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

This game kicks ass now. 4 years later and I still have crap to do and enjoy.

2. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

Well, often the problem is after logging in to decide where to go and what to do in that short time I can spend ;)

Of course, if we are interested to explore the lands, history and story, not only to lvl up ...

Besides, I am really excited for end of QI to see the new lands arising :)

3. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

I was having crash issues Release 61. Release 62 seems to have fixed that (<grumble>Unity + AMD</grumble)!

Now to figure out how to make my mage worthwhile. This has been a LONG process. I cannot take on Liches, and I have a hell of a time taking on a lot of undead. This is my own fault, for sure, as I went all in on Death / Air. I picked up bludgeon to help out, but right now I feel I am being forced to pick up other skills - not really "pick" up, more like get as many skills as high as possible for the attunement (like in the Life/Sun tree for Banish/Searing Ray). Sheesh.

4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

This and the continuation of the story, the new quests and possible completion rewards for episode 2.

Paladin Michael likes this.
  5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Same with ranged, although I'm pretty affective against undead.

6. Floors

Floors Avatar

It's definately getting better. I also think there's a bit of a stockholm syndrome effect for long time players. new players still mostly don't have positive experiences and the constant bugs and regressions each release (all my wyverns got transmuted ? really ?) take a toll.

However, I enjoy the game an awful lot, and branching out into my second character is a blast. recent changes make a lot of sense, and should have happened sooner (back slot items)

Items in general are done properly in this game. They make sense and are not like in Diablo just color coded pieces of junk. Not quite as cool as in Dragon Age, but close. Keep giving us more patterns, make Staffs usable compared to wand + anything, and can't wait for forks and tridents.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
    Jason_M likes this.
  7. Floors

Floors Avatar

Undead are truly the weakness of death mages. It seems like Death magic needs a "control" or "banish" undead spell to balance that a bit, since there are SO MUCH UNDEAD in this game in critical areas.

Why should masters of dark magic that can summon undead have to flee from them so much ? Or resort to Sun magic ?

Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
  8. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Agreed.

King Robert and margaritte like this.
  9. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

I agree :)

I don't know whether I'll stick it out four years like the OP, but the last 8 months have been a lot of fun.

There are some things that get me goat, but, even within 8 months, some things are night and day improved. Performance fixea are definitely the most noticable for me.

10. Joe Zhudarak

Joe Zhudarak Avatar

After 3660 hours playing this game i totally agree.

11. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Yeah. Well, truth to be told the game is NOTHING like i expected.
    But you know what? I am having a blast non the less ^^
    Which is good indeed.

Rada Torment likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.