Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[By Design] Clockwork Wings does not inherit stats from special mats used

Discussion in 'Crafting, Harvesting, Salvage, & Agriculture' started by Daxxe Diggler, Jan 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

01/31/2019 12:00
    Title: Clockwork Wings does not inherit stats from special mats used
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? No
    Details: Recipe for Clockwork Wings requires "Bolt of Cloth" and "Strap" ... where you can use the basic cloth or leather variants. But, the recipe also accepts Carapacian or Fustian bolts and straps and will even take supple leather or hardened leather straps. However, when you craft the wings with any of these special mats, none of the inherent stats are included for the item. Not sure if this is intended or not, but if you craft a Backpack, it will include the stats for the leather straps.
    Steps to Reproduce: Craft a Clockwork Wings using the more exotic varieties of bolts and straps, see that it doesn't add the inherent stats from them.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570 CPU @ 3.40GHz (4) System RAM: 16306
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti GPU RAM: 1984
    SotA.Win.64.898.Date.01.31.19
    Area: POT_desert_metropolis_01b_template/Virtue Oasis
    Area Display Name: Virtue Oasis
    Loc: (-37.4, 38.6, -331.8)
    Debug: UE9UX2Rlc2VydF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxYl90ZW1wbGF0ZXxWaXJ0dWUgT2FzaXN8KC0zNy40MjYsIDM4LjYxNSwgLTMzMS43OTcpfCgwLCAtMC4wMDksIDAsIC0xKXwzNTYuMjYxfDI0LjExODF8MTIuOTU5OTk=

2. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

On a side note, if this is not intended and we are supposed to be able to craft them and get stats from exotic components... perhaps the following recipes for other back items should be looked at and changed to also allow any type of cloth/thread/strap/yards/binding/etc. to further customize them like other armor pieces.:

Cloak
    Front Clasped Cloak
    Spider Legs Cloak
    Backpack
    Quiver

3. Bzus

Bzus Design Lord SOTA Developer

This is by design. We add masterwork and enchanting but not material properties. This would require reworking the item recipes and creating component that are specifically designed for these items. This request is the backlog.

Alleine Dragonfyre and Jaesun like this.
  4. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

@Bzus - OK, but I asked Chris (Atos) about it yesterday in game whether it was intended or should I bug it and he said bug it. :)

The backpacks DO add the properties of the leather straps (+0.1 Dodge Modifier) which every backpack gets before doing any MW or Enchants.

I guess my point here is... the backpacks do get material properties, but the other back slot items do not. I think they all should or none should. And, if they all should, then all the recipes should be adjusted to accept any of the available types we have. I don't think any new types need to be created.

For example, if a current recipe asks for a "Bolt of Cotton Cloth" it should only ask for a "Bolt of Cloth" and accept cotton, carapacian, or fustian.

5. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

not anymore

[​IMG]

Barugon likes this.
  6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

How did you get +25 durability?

[edit] Also, note that you don't get the requisite 1 DR that you get from cloaks and wings.

7. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

Was exceptional 150 durability..has 1 mw failure on it so only + 25 remains from +50 .

Barugon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.