Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Whee..new features but NOT REALLY

Discussion in 'Release 62 Feedback' started by Snakyy, Feb 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snakyy

Snakyy Avatar

I must wonder what you developers think. Since it definitely will remain a mystery as feed back to this mail will be zero as usual.

But are there particular reason why mages received again less in all aspects?

We got nice and shiny bonuses to cloaks, back bags, wings and quivers, that....yes give nifty bonuses to both melee and archery characters but ....nothing to mages.

Melee characters after all got nice +12 or STR bonuses and with attack bonuses on back items. Archery characters got nice +12 DEX bonuses and arrow recovery bonuses but archers also can benefit attack speed bonuses a lot.

What magic users got? +3 INT and nothing else. Can you developers explain....why?

What come to your "balance" to summoned pets, well that is a joke pretty much.

Most summoned pets got no bonuses what so ever. Meager bonuses some few summoned pets got, honestly does not mean ANYTHING AT ALL. +30 to damage and few hit points more is irrelevant bonus. Summoned pets still die with few hits at high level areas and their damage is so low that it does not matter at all. Summoned pets are "useful" ONLY if you stick at challenge level 1 areas!

I warmly recommend you play the game you design.

PS. Don't dare to mention how great water elemental is when rest of summoned pets are crap.

kaeshiva likes this.
  2. Floors

Floors Avatar

It's because INT has an OP effect on spells so they are worried about very high INT players that already dominate the game. a few more points of strength makes not that much difference

Jaesun and Barugon like this.
  3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Also, the water elemental is awesome! :p

Lord Trady of Blix and Jaesun like this.
  4. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

I don't think its much to ask for that magic/int users be able to enchant up their cloaks with their key stat like everyone else can. Or get int food without having to farm an expensive, low drop rate talon off a boss to eat, or rely on fishing fish so rare that it can easily take 20 hours to (maybe) get one plate of food that lasts considerably less than that time. Or get int active/ passive skills. Or spell damage gear with cost on par to weapon damage gear like constantan/bronze. Or hey, how about a low cost pumpable passive skill for spell damage like every weapon tree gets? And crit passives? Or a stance that you can actually use without being unable to move? The list is extensive.

Chatele likes this.
  5. FireMage92

FireMage92 Avatar

when you have 200+ int 10-13 int do not solve anything. If you were playing a magician, you would understand that closer to a soft cap of 250 int - the amount of int increases your spells a little bit! Therefore, it is not at all clear why they didn’t add a big int in charms and why they don’t really like magicians. Despite the fact that almost everywhere monsters have strong resistance to magic.

Lord Trady of Blix likes this.
  6. Floors

Floors Avatar

I can have up to 265 str on Lord Trady. But he doesn't do significantly more damage than when his strength is around 180. I feel like specialization level, skill level and adv level makes more difference with damage.

Meanwhile on my other character who is a mage, she already is a lot more versatile at her level with her AoE stuff and polearm/wand combo, and she's only effective AL 30 atm.

The devs in the past have said INT is a bigger balance issue, so just going off that and my early experiences with a non tank type build.

But hey, maybe it's just an oversight and we'll be getting more INT items with +12 coming soon, dunno.

It seems like you just have to play stuff differently if being a mage or archer, more movement, whereas with a plate tank you can facetank alot of stuff, and pretty much everything if you have a water elemental or healer keeping you up.

7. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

Perhaps a factor not yet mentioned regarding intelligence bonuses on items is the potential for hybrid builds.

A spellsword can become much more powerful with an INT buff than yet-another STR buff. Boosting the power and duration of AOEs while going to town with melee is something to consider.

I can't say that, from a balance perspective, that even matters, but it's a possibility.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.