episode 2 mount stretch goal store is awful

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by infernal, Feb 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Godra

Godra Avatar

Sorry, but no mounts!!! No mounts, no ships, no nothing until THEY FIX THE CURRNT BROKEN SYSTEMS FIRST!!! Fix the quest journal, the other systems and current bugs. Once those issues are straight and narrow, then and only then will I support additional new systems. Port needs to focus on righting the wrong and getting a fresh start first before adding additional systems with more bugs. We get around now fairly well and I don't think mounts are a big deal.

Dyonisys and Osiris3 like this.
  2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

When did Portalarium put you in charge?

3. Elnoth

Elnoth Avatar

Mounts are dead, might as well just have a replenishing teleport scroll box instead, but even that would be useless since the scrolls drop like candy

4. infernal

infernal Avatar

clearly you don't understand mounts are being funded separately https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=40715 I am not asking to be able to buy mounts I am asking for better items to fund mounts.

Chatele and Lord Trady of Blix like this.
  5. Floors

Floors Avatar

Would not say no to this tho. Replenishing boxes are great.

6. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

The New Britannian Alchemists Union strongly opposes any non-sentient production of alchemical items.

7. Godra

Godra Avatar

And clearly you didn’t understand a word I said. I know what that stretch goal is and what it’s for. It’s a dead stretch goal, been dead since they first tried to do separate stretch goal systems. Yes, additional items added to boost sales as you originally said will entice people to purchase more to support the goal, but since that current amount includes the original amount pledged from the first time around and we are still off by $197,000, I don’t see enough items to be sold to reach that goal.

But as I said in my original post, Port needs to get the journal and quest system fixed first. No need to focus on a new system when there is enough fixes that need fixing first. We can go just about anywhere quickly without mounts, so need for them right now.

8. infernal

infernal Avatar

moving around in zones is to slow I don't use dash its too much of a pain to cast in full plate for how long it lasts, you don't want a mount system because you get around fine and don't see the point, well I did all the quests fine and don't see the point of a new quest system.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
  9. Floors

Floors Avatar

You need to make a fast move deck and make it your alt deck, and just deck swap into plate when you're about to engage. Makes life a lot better. It makes sense that plate is slow.

10. evillego6

evillego6 Avatar

I'm not certain the inclusion of mounts would necessarily significantly increase movement speed, though it's possible. A while back, movement speed was reduced and when users complained Chris made a post defending the decision (this is going from memory) that even the reduced speed was still too fast. I'm sure there will be some increase in speed, but Chris's prior statements regarding movement speed make me wonder just how much they'll be willing to increase.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
  11. Jayfire

Jayfire Avatar

Bring back the famous swamp dragons and barding, tamers need to tame but they can be summoned with 0 in summoning and can be used as a mount

Lord Trady of Blix likes this.
  12. Floors

Floors Avatar

Perhaps mounts could be used to increase movement in certain overworld terrain types. One thing this game needs is travelling to secret locations in mountains. And magic carpets.

Chatele and Barugon like this.
  13. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Haha, +1 for magic carpets as a mount. :)

Lord Trady of Blix likes this.
  14. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

Well I think they could add the Pack mule to the horse mount Stretch Goal ….. I would definitely buy one... Pack mule that mobs cannot kill, or that would suck and defeat the purpose.... also saddles for the horses that can hold gear but not as much as a pack mule.... etc

15. Jefe

Jefe Avatar

Pack Animals were a separate stretch goal. You could get a mule or a llama as well as saddle bags and a saddle bag stand. I suspect that stretch goals may be sequential and also may be tiered. They indicated in the plan that beyond basic mounts (should it get funded) would be a follow on of mounted combat.

I am not much of a horse-hat person, so I got what I wanted and am waiting for something that piques my interest there.

16. Lord Blackthorne

Lord Blackthorne Avatar

*Recalls to neighborhood*
    *Teleports to mailbox*
    *Poof to couch*

*Reach into remote bank for some Doritos*

... what horse?

Vladamir Begemot and Barugon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.