Ugly guys

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by InsaneMembrane, Feb 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hardy

Hardy Avatar

In addition to standard male avatars, we should have some that look like something out of a firemans calender. Shirtless needs to be an option and maybe even a pair of epic speedos. And have the option for them to sparkle...

That way we can tell at a glance in front of the auction house, whom the real men are and whom the females playing male avatars are.

Time Lord likes this.
  2. Akeashar

Akeashar Avatar

I knew this Romanian girl that had a male toon in TSW. It was the best looking, most fashionably dressed toon in the group. :D

I on the other hand have been known to go raiding in New York wearing a kilt, some boots and not much else. (ala the screengrab with the kilt) Funniest thing being that the kilt is worn authentically... Hello smiley face censor with certain camera angles! How to traumatize your team mates while doing cartwheels.

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  3. DeftAvatar

DeftAvatar Avatar

4. rustypup

rustypup Avatar

If I can't play a swimwear model forced to drag his ludicrously over-sized scrotum behind him in a trolley, I don't want to live anymore...

5. sakuraba

sakuraba Avatar

Despite any sarcasm I agree completely with the topic at hand!
    Males AND Females should be configurable to some extent.

Time Lord, Lord Baldrith and Akeashar like this.
  6. Amber Raine

Amber Raine Community Ambassador (FR)

As i mentioned in the female post, i mention in this one.. why do you need to have an avatar look like a "God"? i mean seriously... are you lacking in personality and brains that you need to make up for by having pixels that look good? sorry but i just don't get it. I would personally rather talk to someone who has a personality worth talking to, then looking at a pixel that.. is glued to a monitor and no where in a million years could be the "real deal"..

I giggle at my husband because he usually roles a female character, but he has a reason that i find legit.. he isn't looking at the face.. he isn't even looking at the boobage.. his words are "if i have to look at the same ass all day i am gonna have an ass i wanna look at".. understood!! HOWEVER... he also makes it the biggest junk in the trunk ass i've seen and i love it! :D

Time Lord, Akeashar and Lord Baldrith like this.
  7. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

Hey this is so true...I generally play males myself, but some of the guys I've played with love making everything big and vuluptious...I guess that should be our right, after all, I think this is a fantasy game. I just like the option to make my character look how I want it to look. Whether than be old, young, ugly or gorgeous...it's my character :)

Time Lord, Amberraine and Akeashar like this.
  8. Amber Raine

I agree.. completely.. but my whole point was why people.. and its not just a small handful.. or a "i would like to play this look so can i".. no its the MAJORITY.. and yes not to be sexist.. usually guys .. that say "female avatars should have boobs that would weigh so much on them they would be hard pressed to carry a sword cause their boobs weigh more then the sword does and they would have too much of a back ache to be doing any fighting.. and hell with being able to be dexterious.. those boobs would keep them from being able to do ANYTHING of the sort-... and thats just on that.. then there is the face.. PUH-LEASE.. you show me a SINGLE person.. who just been out battling all day that is gonna look like she just walked off the pages of a victoria secret catalog... kk.. i personaly like to keep it real.. i'm a role player.. but unless my "bimbo is staying home bare foot and pregnant in the kitchen"... i want her to LOOK the part ;)

Added: Male avatars likewise.. i want you to show me a single REAL male.. who is gonna be out in full armour.. come back and looking like Fabio.. am i right?

Time Lord, NirAntae and Lord Baldrith like this.
  9. monxter

monxter Avatar

[​IMG]

Kilhwch likes this.
  10. Amber Raine

1) Arni... ugh 2) not full suit armor cause even HE is smart enough to realize he'd look like hell if he worked out like that in full armour :p 3) he's working up a sweat and ready for teh showers...

OKay okay.. i confess... if you make the male avatars look like Alexander SkarsgÄrd , i won't complain.... much:

[​IMG]

Time Lord, NirAntae, monxter and 3 others like this.
  11. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

You are right. "Men are pigs" to quote a phrase I've heard before...You see really strange things in some games huge boobs, huge weapons that no one could weild effectively, especially that little tiny girl wielding it :).

Yes, I also agree that after a hard day battle, to get your fresh 'before battle' look back you should have to go home or to an inn to relax, take a bubble bath etc...Well to me that kind of stuff would be cool because I am a bit of an RPer myself.

Time Lord and Amberraine like this.
  12. Amber Raine

i am LOVING this idea!! lol.. i think i am gonna toss that into my RP from now on... ~go out to do some hunting, fighting, dungeon crawling with group, they decide its time to hang out at the tavern for a few rounds~ "sorry guys, i wanna go home and freshen up first" :D i can totally see Amber doing that..

13. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

That's me too...I always feel grimy after a long days fighting/harvesting...why not be able to 'freshen up'...Both guys and girls want to look their best for the tavern!

Time Lord and Amberraine like this.
  14. redfish

redfish Avatar

Actually, I don't know about the other guys who commented in that thread, but I don't want the female avatar to be a supermodel, just a common looking woman, just a different type of common looking woman than the model they used in the game :> That doesn't mean unattractive, since I don't think the average women is unattractive -- women are pretty.

And I think the male model also needs more of a variety of common looking faces. No need go go into homely territory to make things realistic or interesting, although that's a good feature also, since that also has its place.

15. Kilhwch

Kilhwch Avatar

I think all the models could use more polys and better shaders. The NPCs look very rough. I realize this is an iterative process, and I hope to see a lot of improvements.

Some of the examples people posted from the unity store don't look that great. The engine is not really know for its killer graphics. Environments can look pretty good, but for skin and clothes, you're likely going to have to use custom shaders.

There are a lot of great artists working in Eastern games, and the art in a game is a big factor for me. "Does it look good?" I'm always finding myself wishing Western designers would stop trying to make games that will "play on 5-year-old computers," and start pushing the envelope. I don't really like the generalization that Eastern games have guys which look "too pretty," or "unrealistic" women. I immediately think of Raubahn from the latest Final Fantasy Online game. He's a big dude with scars criss-crossing his face. He's a badass.

FFXIV looks very good. It has crap loading issues because they have to support the PS3; but I love the way the game looks. I'm a huge PvP player; but all the good PvE content and random fun things to do in that game has me pretty satisfied. And it looks good.

DeadPixel and Lord Baldrith like this.
  16. DeadPixel

DeadPixel Avatar

I agree. The dudes should be good looking dudes. No homo. If I'm pretending to be someone, I want to pretend to be a good looking badazz, not just a badazz. Here are some great examples:

[​IMG][​IMG]

17. DeadPixel

DeadPixel Avatar

They don't need to be supermodels, but they don't have to be men with boobs, either. Some people like the whole butch thing I guess, but I don't want to be fighting monsters as a digital Chaz Bono.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.