going to glaze over a few things here . . . Myself, Loot, Skills, Chars. . .

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Weins201, Feb 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

First off a lot of people here know me and despise me for my bluntness. :) However I still play and actually still enjoy some of the game. :cool: I have not Min Maxed anything, nor catered skillz to be powerful on one way or another. :confused:I play a Ranger - Archery, Magic in the schools of, Sun Earth Life nd Water, as well as Taming. ;)I have been around since the beginning. :cool: Some may say I am over critical on what goes on.o_O

So lets looks at what I just did; ;) I went to Verdantis to try and find the Mushrooms that I once found at the top of the Crater. I know these same mushrooms are now in the cluster thrown in Mysterious Swamp, but was just going to see how I did in their natural setting.:eek: I did not find them but came across an Obsidian Golem. Garen Sloe, I have never been able to even come close to taking him on but decided to try. ;)I set up, get all the crazy buffs, I can from every poitio0ns food and such that I can.:cool: I call my Trusty Obsidian Bear, a ferocious one since if he dies I can at least resurrect him. :oops: I go to work and find that I might just be able to Kite and do this, then I see that he has taken every bit of focus I hado_O Anyhow I keep at it and am able to Kite and keep away and use enough healing potions to keep myself alive. I have put up his last few hundred HPs just to show. :cool:

After a Long battle, sure it was not to hard :rolleyes:(basically the exact same thing everyone else does when fighting trolls and Large Flying critter they just run in a circle and avoid as much damage as possible and hit as much as they can):oops: and in the end take him down.:D Open corpse and LMAO:(.

Understand again I am in a PvP area and just spent a good amount of time effort and resources to kill something I prob should not have been able to do alone.:eek: But I was not alone I had my Pet which is why taming is there. I was not able to use any skill other than running around and what I have from auto attack being able to do damage.;) To get 2 Obsidian Chips, 10 Granite and 25 gold is honestly an insult. :) I however also understand that if he had crazy loot he would be farmed so I accept it for what it is and am happy I survived and won.:p Sad the mushroom where not there but . . . :(

Ok here are the Critiques about this ]
    First took all my Focus? really Zero left except for a few puffs? (( I know plyers are going to say get more
    focus and I would have some)) but way out of control
    Second the Loot ? Risk vs Reward ???
    Third = where are the mushrooms why are they so intermittent can zones not handle players, why are we
    creating content that funnels everyone on into on place to just grind exp?

Anyhow, OK I won and am happy:)

Now off on another subject that of sharing EXP,:mad: (now indifferent) Players have had a chance to respect,:D yet now most are Bored, o_Osorry but that is the truth.:eek: Now they want to be able to take all that exp and just transfer it to a new char on their account so they can try another style. :confused: I bet some will just go with like ranged and get as much damage and range and see if they can shoot across the scene. o_O Or all in Meteor and see if they can hit for 50k in one blast. :cool: Why. :( is there nothing left do doo_O

The only concern I had with this is if on a new char and you make like 5 mill more exp will it transfer back. :oops: Of course it was really pointless since they will be able to just create a new one and match old skills, :confused: so sure go for it. Devs make a weird statement about only so much shared but EVERTHING is shared :pJust dump stuff off in a box and opens it with other char.:cool: Again go for it sorry to have voiced that I think it is a bad idea:(

Then again I am still exploring, fighting and learning how to do things in this world. :D I have the smallest glimmer of hope for progress.(Fading) :rolleyes: If this is done it is not progress just another finger in the dike.o_O

Hope this makes some sense to someone?;)

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    Gia2, Xee, Boris Mondragon and 2 others like this.
  2. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

waow that is a lot of smilies there.

Dhanas, evillego6, Katu and 3 others like this.
  3. Katu

Katu Avatar

14 happy smiles vs 28 confused/raging/sad smilies.
    Thats something like:
    ((14*:))-(28*o_O)) / font size = :mad:

According to this formula, I bet this post is something negative.

On topic: They can never touch loot, without changing tax values nor add anything interesting to loot, because some crafters in game think they should be able to make real $ with their crafter.

4. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

WOW in depth read and pretty spot on ;) but more frustration :cool:

Katu and Feeyo like this.
  5. Humbert_Humbert

Humbert_Humbert Avatar

With no skill cap they can't have good loot on bosses because people will farm over and over for real money trading. It's a real bummer.

Stevvcash and Weins201 like this.
  6. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I appreciate your posts!

7. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

@Weins201 when you said glaze did you mean honey, apricot, or pomegranate? ;)

Boris Mondragon and Cordelayne like this.
  8. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

slow reduced maple bourbon, with hints of chipotle;)

I honestly know I can ramble but I think I was pretty spot on with some f the issues

9. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

Oh damn... totally ot... but I gotta try that.

Especially with some extra dark maple from Canada...

Weins201 likes this.
  10. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Weins - I've only just started a ranged character alt recently, so I know how running out of focus can be an issue. I'm assuming you are using Shield of Air and the focus drain is mostly coming from you getting hit?

Focus regen is key if you are using Shield of Air. It isn't meant to let you be a tank... it's meant to save you from the initial hits and crits and give you a chance to run away and recover so that you can keep fighting without getting killed.

Here are some suggestions to help with that:

1. Eat Dragon Stew as one of your food buffs. Best health/focus regen food in the game.
    2. Get Blessing of Honor as one of your devotional buffs. 1.5 focus per second in combat is a big help.
    3. Try to use a combination of Fleet Flute and Harp of Invigoration instruments. Play the Flute to get a boost of speed to run away, get out of combat and swap to the Harp and play it a few seconds to get the regen buff... then switch back to Flute and continue fighting.
    4. Consider adding Tap Soul to your combat deck. If you GM it, you can get a decent amount of focus for very little health cost.
    5. Lastly, and probably most importantly... try not to get hit too much. I know that is obvious, but the less you get hit, the less focus you will lose from the Shield. Keep as much distance as you can at all times and if focus still gets too low after using all of the above... use autoattack and use some focus potions and/or restoration potions until your focus pool is replenished.

As for the poor loot from that named mob... well all I can do is agree with you there. That thing does take a while to kill for just about anyone and the effort should yield a bigger reward for sure.

Weins201 likes this.
  11. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

hee hee TY no I know how to deal with the focus the issue with him was he has a focus drain effect that straight up wipped me out from the get to and was NEVER able to get any.

12. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

What are these used for?

Weins201 likes this.
  13. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

sorry, fixed it

14. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Mother. Of. God.

I will give you that. At least you are passionate about this game.

15. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I really don't understand what your complaint is here. You're upset about a suggestion I made to the devs to have the experience pool shared between characters on the same account? So what? You would still have to earn that experience in the first place, you would still have to train the skill on the alternate avatar, the experience would then be gone from the first avatar and you could still only play one avatar at a time. So what's the problem?

[edit] Or did you think that it would duplicate that experience for each avatar?

16. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

I and everyone else are duplicating a new char with that exp. I have gave up trying to head that off,go for whatever you all want with the shared exp.

But you do not have same idea as everyone else, you want to just respect (and retrain) for free, they want to make a new char . . . .

17. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

lol crazy isn't it

18. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

If you want to make a completely separate character then start a new account. It's free to play.

CrandalltheFoole likes this.
  19. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Start from scratch on a new character? You gots to be crazy brother. No way I would cast a million spells to get attunement. I did that once and never again.

I am dual wield swords and picked up archery for certain situations and it was a breeze to GM except for the inmates which are almost there. Easy solution, use archery and chain mail. If it gets a bit hectic just switch to dual swords and end the problem quickly “grins”. I may pick up pole arms next just for added variety.

R/Boris/El Pirata/Black Sails Forever.

20. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

I think bosses should drop a standard loot that is good, a rare loot and an extremely rare loot. rewards are important otherwise after the first few kills what is the point of repeating? first few is all about taking it down, reward is just a bonus.
    mindless grinding is never fun long term.

Or to not upset the balance make the items no drop and or used for creating or adding to your own existing items.

Boris Mondragon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.