Gain access to Artice quest help?

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Stabbath, Feb 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stabbath

Stabbath Avatar

Went to artifice, found a npc up some stairs that quickly showed a message saying for me to find notus in xenos. Confused. Did some reading online and seems you maybe need to talk with a few npcs in xenos, but I'm not sure of the order. For starters, where is Notus? Huge area and there's like no npc names showing on my map. I'm in private mode, maybe this is why?

2. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

There is a large amphitheatre where pilgrims have gathered and are awaiting permission to enter.

Jaesun and Paladin Michael like this.
  3. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

Notus is an Elf :) Order of talking to NPC is not important.

4. skeggy Media

skeggy Media Avatar

I have a walkthrough video I hope you find it useful

5. Stabbath

Stabbath Avatar

Theatre in Xenos? It was night time, to early morning when I was running around looking so didn't come across any npcs outside of the dock area. Will look again, hopefully it's afternoon in game.

/edit. Found pilgrims and an elf official by a lottery registration book in Xenos. Talked with several pilgrims using keywords like help, lottery, artifice etc. didn't get me anywhere. The elf official wouldn't talk with me long. Box kept closing. Typed name, help, nothing happens. Don't know if he's bugged or not yet.

/edit update :) Ok, I noticed Kaikis off to the side as I was about to leave. He gave me some updates in my journal.

/edit: /sigh. Nope he just gave me a book I already have. no journal update.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    Jaesun likes this.
  6. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Some (but not all) NPC’s can give you directions. Like if you type “where is Kaikas?” They can give you directions, if they happen to know that person.

7. Stabbath

Stabbath Avatar

Yea, I been trying that in Xenos, but seems this place is unfinished. Like a ghost town. So far, no npc has given me directions. But after running around found the dock master, pilgrims and Kiakis, which is something I guess.

Jaesun likes this.
  8. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Yeah unfortunately it is hit and miss who will actually give you directions unfortunately.

9. Stabbath

Stabbath Avatar

Seems the npc that is bugged, the Elf Official by registration book where the pilgrims gather is Notus. This correct? He won't talk with me long and just says the same thing over and over again. Doesn't respond to, name, help, or anything else I type. Wondering if I missed a step maybe back in Etceter. Journal is, "Gain access to Artifice" "As I arrive in Xenos, I must find a way to gain access to Artifice. Perhaps the gathering of pilgrims in a ampitheatre nearby is worth pursuing.

Ok. The elf official's talk box kept closing too quickly for me to notice at the end he mentions first seeking help from satrys in that previous city I was in. Etec. Gonna head back there.

10. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Hmm. I had the same issue, but it was a long time ago. My recollection is that I had skipped something, and had to go back. Did you get to Xenos by just going there, or did you book passage with the ship in Etceter? I think that might have been my problem. You get a notification when you enter Xenos that makes it sound like the quest has progressed, but if you don't book passage as a pilgrim, Notus doesn't act like the quest has progressed. I think. Like I said, that was a while ago.

Elwyn likes this.
  11. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Did you get the black rock from the Mine?

12. Mishra

Mishra Avatar

Once you go to Artifice, you may never want to leave.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.