Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Why would I buy another character slot?

Discussion in 'Release 62 Feedback' started by Barugon, Feb 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Sure, why not ?
    Sounds like fun to me....

We can already multibox separate accounts and share xp's gained by only 1 of them, why not take the next logical (fair) step.

Let chars on the same account share xp's gained by any of them.
    They still have to be earned before they can be shared....... so, sure !

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
    Elwyn and Barugon like this.
  2. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

@Lord Trady of Blix
    What do you mean by "if because of other players" in your context here ?

3. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

I'm not against it, I'm asking how it would work.

4. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Just let char's on the same account share pools.........
    Just like banks and reps.

5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

The experience pool is simply a holding place for unallocated experience points. The OP was simply to request that this experience pool be shared between characters on the same account. The bank, virtues and some other things are already shared between characters on the same account.

Jaesun, Elwyn and FrostII like this.
  6. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Exactly.

Barugon likes this.
  7. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

If i want to develop another char on its very own, it can not be done when the char bound xp pool moves to an account bound xp pool. That means that a another char of the account will "eat" all the xp from the main char, even this is not desired.
    So, i am against a common xp pool. But not against transferring xp from ones char pool to another chars pool.
    Personally, i think i do not want to use the transfer xp feature, but people ask for it. A solution that gives players a choice if they want to use xp transfer or not would be good.

The only thing i can think of to use xp transfer is, to put xp in a chest as a quest reward.

Lord Trady of Blix and Mishikal like this.
  8. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

I've got 3 avatars on my account, and I most definitely do not want them sharing XP pools at all. I apportion it out per avatar so each has its own set of goals and XP to spend. It would also be fairly lame if my ADV lvl 105 avatar could just rack up XP for my ADV lvl 20 avatar to spend. You want to level your other avatar, use it and earn it. ;)

9. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

I understand that, I was asking the devs how it would work. Will there be a new interface to allocate shared exp etc? Or does it just go into a general pool and allow the player to spend the exp per char as they would like. I'm guessing the later but was looking for specifics from the devs.

Barugon likes this.
  10. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

And to answer the original question -- You'd have additional Avatars so you could specialize them in different things. Especially with crafting specializations on the way.

11. Floors

Floors Avatar

I agree, support transfer, but dont force it on us. Let us play on same account with less shared stuff.

Mishikal likes this.
  12. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

You can create a new account and have a completely separate character and it's free vs $10 for another character slot.

Jaesun and FrostII like this.
  13. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

Shared xp?

This would allow people to make characters and not have to work at all on those characters. The player just brings in their "main" to use an old UO term, UT a bunch of xp and then log in the new character, use a Potion of guidance and power level the toon.

If the devs allow this I would like a character with 3 options for different bodies and names. All else is shared obviously and all I have to do is switch my cosmetic looks and I have the same thing without the log out and in.

I'll play a person with three personalities.

This is all probably a bad idea and will end the game much faster than it already is going to end with super fast UT xp.

14. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

You can already raise all skills on any avatar. The only limit is specialization.

Jaesun likes this.
  15. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Sure, but you can't "XP farm" for your other characters with a high level primary. That's what's different.

16. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Sure, but to what benefit? I would honestly rather put that XP into my main avatar. There's also the fact that the XP you "farm" won't be applied to the overall level of your alternate. It could only be used for skills.

Elwyn likes this.
  17. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

True but it speeds up the progression of the secondary and tertiary characters to light speed so to speak. There is no real playing of the characters and in other threads of a similar nature some people want to start off fresh with a new toon. In this case any extra characters have pooled xp already there and the game is going to use it.

I had actually made the suggestion of multiple cosmetic "looks" before because of similar reasons but some said they wanted to start over afresh with new toons. Fine..

Now that I think of it, this allows players to max out a second and third character and maybe more depending on how many character slots we can have. If I had a character that could solo UT and Lost Vale all day long I could have them GM'ed in another set of skills with the exception of specializations and then the xp pool would be there anyway and GMing those specializations would be only a matters of ...... an hour?

This seems over powered and runs the game to its conclusion even faster

and then what do you and other players do in the mean time?

18. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

Interesting concept.......

This will require some strange game mechanic.

A character that farms the xp and gets the levels but can allow leaches to take some of that xp. Will this affect the main characters levels then since the xp is being leached away? It should and that level goes to the alt.

curious

I say just UT the alts.

Perhaps this might work for some guild/cult of vampires.

19. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

If you already have an avatar that's capable of soloing UT then what's the point of making another? Also, as I've suggested many times in this thread, if you want a completely separate character (one that doesn't share your virtues, bank and other aspects) then create a new (free!) account.

20. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

It's not just a concept. Your adventurer level (and producer level) is raised only by earning experience! Only after that experience is earned does it go into your pool. The experience pool actually has no impact on your adventurer level, as can be seen by the daily 10000 experience that is put into it just for logging on.

Jaesun likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.