Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Why would I buy another character slot?

Discussion in 'Release 62 Feedback' started by Barugon, Feb 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

So... A toon earns said xp and the levels that go with it but the alts leech the xp so when the alts go out to adventure their skills will be much higher than the creatures they are fighting?

This is an imbalance of sorts.

A potentially low level toon can have a gm skill with a potion of guidance.

Just UT the alt.

2. Floors

Floors Avatar

You can't UT alts until you get to around level 65 or so, or people start complaining.

3. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

In my experience actually (no pun intended!), adventurer/producer level increases when you spend the XP out of your pool into skills, *not* when you earn it. I have 2 alts on my account, and I log them in every day for their 10k XP. Both have an ADV pool now of > 1 million XP, and neither of their ADV levels has been increasing past where I raised it by raising skills initially.

Note if you unlearn via a book or whatever, then you don't lose your ADV levels, but you won't gain any again until you spend XP past the point where you were prior to unlearning (at least as I understand things).

As to why you would want > 1 avatar? Fairly easy -- My primary is an archer, one of my secondaries is a mage, and the third is melee. This way I can specialize each of them as I want their play styles to be.

And now that crafting specializations are coming, they'll then have further purpose (if I get into crafting) to have different crafting specializations than my primary.

I can already solo UT now, so if there was a shared XP pool, I could trivially "power level" those alts. Which I think is rather lame (but I'd do it too).

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
  4. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

As an example, one of my alts has nearly 1.9 million XP in his pool. By that measure, he should be well over adventurer level 50 (55 or so?).

But his adventurer level is only 31, because he's hardly spent any XP in skills yet.

5. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

the daily 10k does not count toward adventure level.

Barugon likes this.
  6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

How much of that is from the daily 10000? I have an alt that I didn't touch for a long time and he had well over a million experience and AL 17 when I decided to do the story with him. Almost all of that XP was from the daily.

[edit] Lock all the skills in that avatar, go out and fight some stuff and let me know if your AL goes up. ;)

Mishikal likes this.
  7. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Oh, well that's just dumb. Why should the game care where the XP came from?

8. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

It doesn’t go towards Crafting xp.

It seems to be applying to Adventure xp though, at least last time I checked.

EDIT: My bad, I thought you said xp... :oops:

Mishikal likes this.
  9. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

didn't say xp, said level.

Mishikal and Jaesun like this.
  10. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

So I forsee a serious problem in relation to PvP. You could have an avatar with 100+ GMs that's ADV level 30, who goes around challenging new low levels to duels. They can simply hide their grandmaster status and destroy newbs with ease. If they're going to change the game to do shared XP pools across your account, then it would make a lot more sense for player level to be based on XP spent, not earned, to align avatars with the reality of their skill sets.

11. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to pwning some noobs. o_O

Seriously, maybe you could expand on how this would work (I mean beyond how it currently works)?

12. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Sad fact is, there are people who enjoy pwning newbies, for whatever sick reason. Used to happen on WoW all the time (and probably still does) with low levels having high level potions and rares challenging people to duels.

As I said, I'd have adventurer level tied to first time spending of XP, not gaining of XP. So if you unlearned everything, you wouldn't get credit for spending that XP a second time. But it'd give a more realistic view of the avatar's player level.

Or better yet, just don't share the XP pools across the avatars at all.

13. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Other players don't have access to your adventurer level.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.