Founder/Benefactor Deed upgrades to Keep/Castle lots

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mishikal, Feb 18, 2019.

?

Should it be possible to upgrade Founder/Benefactor deeds to Keep and Castle lot sizes?

Poll closed Mar 4, 2019.
  1. Yes

35 vote(s)
    53.0%
  2. No

31 vote(s)
    47.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

While it was promised initially that Keep/Castle lot deed sizes would be exclusive sizes for Duke+ backers, the game has changed significantly since then. In particular, the large number of POTs that sold completely changed the real estate availability market, and many of the Keep/Castle lots that are available in NPC towns are empty due to this. I appreciate that @DarkStarr and Portalarium have worked to change the deed upgrade paths to honor this commitment, but I think it's worth asking the other Duke+ level backers if they would be OK with the change to allow Founder/Benefactor deeds to upgrade to the keep/castle lot sizes, since this now essentially puts these deeds at a disadvantage (at least in relation to POTs) for players that have sizes of City or below. Please only respond to the poll and thread if you own a Keep or larger Founder/Benefactor deed.

Royou likes this.
  2. oplek

oplek Avatar

I'm not even sure what those are.

3. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

4. Lained

Lained Avatar

Some will say yes, some no and some won't care and Portalarium will still need to make a decision either way that will irk some proportion so it's a better choice to stick with the Kickstarter promise.

Bom likes this.
  5. Lazarus Long

Lazarus Long Avatar

Port has already made the call on this.

No is the answer.

While I am a Duke level backer. I have to agree with how they made the final call.

No TF PA Keep or Castle upgrades.

Yes to POT across the board and up to tax free and that i have no problem with.

Laz

Royou, Beaumaris, Bom and 10 others like this.
  6. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

What Laz said.
    The decision has already been made in the favor of the Dukes and Lords of the Manor.

This is no longer an issue, and continuing to rehash 'settled law' does no one any good.

7. King Robert

King Robert Avatar

2 Duke 2 LoM2 - No new Keep/Castle Deeds. I purchased many bundles to get deeds (tax free) when that was the last chance (I thought) and I overpaid by today's values. But that was my assumption, viz., no more deeds. Keep and Castle were exclusive and remain so. I am proud of Port for keeping their promise and I continue to support them financially to help keep our game going! I love it!

Royou, Bom, Scooby Doo and 5 others like this.
  8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Wow, we're still on about this?

9. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Evidently... Unfortunately.

10. Jack SinAssist

Jack SinAssist Avatar

Yes, it should be allowed, but at twice the price of the original pledge.

Bom and Fionwyn Wyldemane like this.
  11. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

What @Lazarus Long said. It's been settled.

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...nd-other-notable-changes-in-patch-915.150992/

One HUGE problem avoided is yet "another broken promise". So good on Portalarium for keeping the Keep and Castle founder deeds off the table for upgrading.

Not to sound like an ass, but those of us who have backed this game with major moola (and have been belittled, called whales, had it insinuated repeatedly that we wanted to be overlords of the peons and all other manner of forum abuse) deserve to have the exclusivity of our deeds maintained. That is the only fair way to go forward IMHO.

Everyone now has an upgrade path to the larger deeds, just not those Keep/Castle founder deeds. Full disclosure - I was actually thinking of upgrading a few of my Founder deeds so I had a Founder castle deed :p

12. Curt

Curt Avatar

Could be upgradable to a Player Owned Town keep/castle tax free deed not a PA keep/castle

Bom likes this.
  13. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

I doubt that would ever happen and who would want to do it when the Founder deeds are:

Place anywhere
    Place-able on both land and water
    Non-taxable

I would never downgrade any of my Founder deeds no matter how much I'd like to have a castle deed. I'm like Professor Slughorn in the Harry Potter universe, "I do like to complete the set." :D But downgrading is no bueno.

Bom and Elwyn like this.
  14. Thronwen

Thronwen Avatar

I could eventually imagine something like a deed, which allows taking up to tax free city lot size outside of POTs and tax free Keep and Castle lot inside of a POT (and taxed outside of a POT) for future upgrades.
    So I voted with yes for now.

Greetings
    Thronwen

Bom and Uncle Ben like this.
  15. Woftam

Woftam Avatar

I'll throw my 2 cents in. I'm a Royal Founder Duke and it feels like Founders are the only group getting screwed out of the ability to upgrade their deeds. Founder Deeds already cost a crap ton more than the POT Deeds, yet they are being capped at City for upgrades..? Heck, it even costs more to upgrade a Founder deed in-game than any other. In my opinion, a Founder should be able to push his/her deed to the highest levels with the caveat being that other deed types cannot be upgraded to Founder.

It feels like a punishment for being an early backer.

W.

Cordelayne, Bom, Scooby Doo and 4 others like this.
  16. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

I have my option to push my POT city lot to Keep or Castle, so again, while I see both sides, there are options to reach that size of lot for a POT placement and keep it funded at little or no cost.

Portalarium did review its words and went back to enforcing a decision it made to stand by them. If they want to now go do a poll of who wants to grow on that and find enough interest, then that should be a different topic of discussion.

17. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

While I can see your perspective, I can't say I totally agree with it. HUGS!!

Founder Keep and Castle deeds will always be more expensive because of all the perks they give. Plus, they were only available with the pledges which we all bought with the understanding that they were "exclusive". No Keep OR Castle deeds in the addon store. Portalarium has screwed the pooch on other broken promises (which I won't go into here), but they are fulfilling this promise. I suppose it can be viewed as a punishment when you look at it from the perspective of the other deeds, but the flip-side is screwing the pooch once again and breaking yet another promise.

With regard to Founders being able to push it to the limit, I can see your point there too as I was toying with upgrading myself :) But again, I can't support that course of action even if it brings in more moola to Portalarium. Broken promises is what gets people to sell off and quit. The short term $$ gain does not outweigh the long term consequences of making promises you can't keep. (Duke heads and Static towns anyone?)

In any case Woftam, I really do see your perspective and I thank you for sharing it even though we see it through different lenses. HUGS!!

Edit: I will add that the compromise they reached and I support is to "still" not have those size deeds in the addon store, but allow people to upgrade other, non-founder/benefactor deeds, even the free ones you get from the quests.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
    Bom likes this.
  18. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Benefactors are equally screwed, not just Founders. :)

Elwyn and Fionwyn Wyldemane like this.
  19. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

Can't say I agree with you about any of us getting "screwed". Portalarium can't seem to win - they break a promise and people get upset. They keep a promise and people get upset. Yikes!

I'll define getting "equally screwed" as: Recieving the worst outcome possible in a certain situation. Thank you Urban Dictionary.

Honestly, I don't see how this is in any way a worst possible outcome when they are not only keeping a promise they made years ago, but they are allowing the overwhelming majority of deeds to be upgraded. They even lowered the taxes on all deeds which makes taxable Keep and Castle deeds within range for those who want to upgrade.

That said, I can appreciate your feeling the way you do. And in no way am I being dismissive of those feelings. Just can't agree anyone is getting screwed here. HUGS!!

Bom, Sean Silverfoot and Mishras like this.
  20. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

It makes TF POT deeds more desirable than TF PA deeds, quite frankly (if you're looking for total lot size, for things like farming/agriculture, etc). Clearly at the time that pledges etc were sold, there wasn't any concept that in the future deeds could be upgraded/improved to larger sizes at a later date.

So I appreciate that Portalarium made a promise. They've had to adjust a lot of promises given the ways in which the game has changed over time. Benefactor/Founder crafting tables were exclusive, now not so much with the Expert crafting stations (other than the "badge" on the table), being one example.

Generally, I think Portalarium made a lot of promises that in hindsight weren't particularly great things to promise. I think there's good reason to have flexibility given the ways in which the game has changed over time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.