Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Sieges and matchmaking

Discussion in 'Release 63 QA Feedback' started by Lord Subtleton, Feb 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Subtleton

Lord Subtleton Developer Emeritus

After considering the state of sieges (they are in continual evolution), we've come to the conclusion that sieges as currently implemented are more closely akin to single-player overworld encounters, rather than being complementary additions to their associated city-scene as was the original intent when sieges were introduced.

Starting with the next client QA build, sieges will no longer share the multiplayer matchmaking of its associated city, but instead behave like the other overworld encounter scenes with respect to multiplayer. So now you can take on the siege as a solo fight, or join your friends in a party to take down the siege as a group.

2. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

Multiplayer only sieges gave birth to many collaborations among people who did not even know each other before in addition to having given some pvp action.
    I'm sorry but i can only be disappointed with this provision.:mad:

PS: I would have even made the world encounters like the siege rather than the opposite.

3. Tazar

Tazar Avatar

I am glad for the change. Some people prefer to fight in groups and others not. This lets both types play as they like.

FrostII, CICI, Aldo and 1 other person like this.
  4. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

Someone prefer that other players (they don't know) can break into the area they are facing to help or fight against, this is absolutely precluded.

PS: There is a riot in my guild after this news.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
    Dhanas likes this.
  5. Pavlitto

Pavlitto Avatar

All players will once again sit in their own little worlds))
    And it will be more difficult for beginners. I personally took a lot of new players with me when I met them at sieges.

Dhanas, sotasota4 and Antrax Artek like this.
  6. sotasota4

sotasota4 Avatar

--Resources for everyone effortlessly = Insurmountable damage to the economy--
    stupid and not very apt move

Dhanas and pool32167 like this.
  7. Vesper

Vesper Avatar

I didn't realize that there was so much action in Sieges since the change to MP only. Realistically with a low population compared to the size of that map anything that brings people together, or in conflict, or just lets us see others is for the better. Fraction of a smaller population in any further sense is a bad move. Compound that by dungeons becoming adventure zones sooner than later are we only going to see others in dance parties in the future?

8. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

We enjoyed a lot the multiplayer only sieges lately, cause finaly there was a meaning to group togheter to complete the siege as soon as possible, since there weren't too much and there was a chance to have to compete for resources. In my community, the news of the sieges multi only, as the news of multi only in NOVIA and cities made many old players come back to the game, and enjoy it again, hope they are not going to leave again.

Realy asking myself if the devs are still considering old promises done by kickstarter or are they going to focus on something new which attracts new players. I honestly keep play this game cause I look forward for it, I always thought intent of devs was to gather more players, and having a large playerbase, but seems like I am wrong.

9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

People complained about forced multiplayer in sieges so they're changing back to the way it used to be and now people are complaining about it. I personally feel that no adventure scenes should be forced multiplayer.

10. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

Sieges are part of towns, and towns are mp only enabled it does not surprise me that even the sieges were.
    Anyway it's been like that for years, but now they basically decided to remove multiplayer from sieges instead of making them like they were before sp/party/mp.

11. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I approve, it see the multi-player side too. What happened to party vs open? Any chance people could choose whether randos can join them or not?

Boris Mondragon and Gravidy like this.
  12. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

No, they're not. They're only associated with the overworld.
    I don't know where you came up with this but they followed the same matchmaking rules as everything else before the change went in to make towns and the overworld multiplayer only.

Mishikal likes this.
  13. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

In this way it is my thought against yours, for me they're part of towns and there is no rule that says otherwise.
    They precluded the multiplayer mode, that was always part of sieges from years.

14. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Perhaps you never entered a siege while in multiplayer mode? It was exactly the same as all other adventure scenes.

Mishikal likes this.
  15. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

Exactly and after this change it will not be the same, you will enter in a siege just in solo or with your party, seems they're just going to remove open multiplayer.

I wait to see it implemented, I just really hope I misunderstood.

Barugon likes this.
  16. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Thank you, this will put an end to siege griefing and follow the normal expected rules of scenes. :)

17. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Are they going back to the way they were before the forced multiplayer mode or are you just completely removing multiplayer?

Dhanas and Antrax Artek like this.
  18. Vesper

Vesper Avatar

So, no multiplayer at all

sotasota4 likes this.
  19. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

If this is the case then I don't support it. I think all the people that were complaining just wanted the forced multiplayer removed and for it to go back to the way it was before that change.

Elwyn, Jason_M, Alley Oop and 4 others like this.
  20. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Agreed. There should be a multiplayer instance and a solo/party instance, as there was before.

However, I'm not sure if that's even technically possible any longer with the way in which SPO was broken.

Elwyn and Alley Oop like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.