More Houses Needed

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Scoffer, Feb 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

Now that we have the ability to upgrade our property deeds with coto I considered upgrading one of my village lots to a town but since all of the bundles are expired I was underwhelmed with the choice of houses that are available for town and city sized lots.

Looking at the store at the moment there are 7 town sized homes, 4 of which are water homes leaving me with only 3 options, those being a crumbling rustic 2 story home (like the one in soltown) a 2 story keep with courtyard which is difficult to decorate and a boat.

With city sized home there is 8 options, 6 of which are boats of various styles leaving only the 2 story keep with courtyard or the ancient columned home leaving me with the option between one giant box room or very small corridors with crumbling plaster walls. Its also worth mentioning that of those 6 boats you have: pirate boat, pirate boat on land, haunted pirate boat or shipwrecked haunted pirate boat.....

I really don't want to live on a boat in the middle of the desert so when will be be getting new houses that are bigger than village size?

Mhtic, Vaiden Luro, Tabatha and 10 others like this.
  2. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Seconded. I know this will take ressources from the overall development process but TBH if we want people to upgrade their deeds we need MOAR houses to make it attractive.
    Plus this would avoid making the citys and pots look like a London suburb straight from the Harry Potter movies where every house looks the same.

3. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

Fixed that for you!

4. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Yeah, I'm in a similar position.

Thought about upgrading deeds but since the deco limits don't scale up well for gardening purposes, and there's almost no current town/city size homes that aren't expired....I'll just stick with villages.

If I could still get shogun houses, or if there was a nice alternative, I'd be much more likely to spend some money deed upgrading.
    I'm fine with things being expired but don't leave us with no alternatives....

More crafted house variants would be great, there's almost none at town/city size. Think of the potential resource sinks!

Even more store-house variants would be something.

I hear there's more "pirate content" coming but...this sounds like more boat. I'm with Scoffer. Enough with the boats. One boat is enough! What am I do to with the rest of my deeds? There is not a big enough dock in Rinzai for us to build a fleet....especially since said fleet would sail as far as Elysium and then all the sailors would be forced out of the ship and handed pickaxes.

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  5. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Mad idea: are there any big houses that are already ingame that weren't avaible so far? We already where asked to post stuff we want as deco that's alreadya ingame anyway.
    @Chris

Jaesun and kaeshiva like this.
  6. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

While not technically houses there are the ruined buildings in Elysium which are more of the Greek style fallen into ruins. Something like that would be good

7. Earl Atogrim von Draken

We should take a better look. Because, let's be honest here, we will only get it if we can make it as easy as possible for Port. Which is, considering the circumstances, totally ok.
    I will try to take a stroll in game this evening and see if i can find some buildings.

8. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

I'm trying to think of some...but not coming up with many. Most of the NPC housing seems to be based on existing NPC-building or in some cases, previously available player housing (think of the adobe type buildings in desolis, or the viking style in harvest, or the elven style in vertas, shogun style on perennial coast, etc. etc.). In some of the older non-cultural cities there are a handful of different layout buildings but most are either grandiose (ie Arabella's castle) or are small single room fruit shacks. There's a lot of different-floorplan-shogun-type houses in Celestis, but with shogun style being "expired" I don't know how likely we'd be to get new/different shogun style. I guess there's hope.

I appreciate building a new house from nothing is no small undertaking. I wonder if it would be possible to scale up some of the village stuff, like the crafted shogun pavilions for example - I'd love one of these in supersize. I know @Vladamir Begemot was asking about a supersized elven globe house (although I'm not sure if that got hit with the elven expirations?).

I do hope we get something though, this is one case where we are actually asking for something to spend money on. Take my money, Port.

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  9. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Mh. What about the big fat oracle rotunda used in Brit Central? Would need a couple of changes of course but that would be one building that springs to my mind without looking in game.

10. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

[​IMG]

This is what I mean by fruitshack house. But there are larger versions that use this same color/material that I've seen, some with more open entryways (like an outdoor stall), some enclosed. These litter a lot of the early scenes. Something like this (bigger) might make a decent crafted alternative in larger sizes.

Here's a bigger one (Spite)

[​IMG]

Inside's got a nice open floor plan / lofty bits going up 3 floors.
    Looks a bit rough but a retexturing, a bit of paint...could make a nice house. Here's the inside of this one:

[​IMG]

There's a variant of this building material/style/floorplan in resolute that is even bigger.

Speaking of Spite, there's this big church thing, this would be cool:

[​IMG]

Inside:
    [​IMG]

11. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

[​IMG]

There's these in Xenos as well...
    (Inside) nice warehouses...
    [​IMG]

12. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Or this variant of the crafted house, with the riverstone fence motif
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

[​IMG]

This in crooked shank...similar to existing house floorplan, but done in stone, which is kinda cool/different.

[​IMG]

Interior/stone wood mix and some of that wallpaper texture the gothic mansion has...

Stairs with a rug on!

14. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Some really interesting shogun variants in Celestis that I wouldn't mind having, too
    it WOULD be nighttime and raining as I try to do this!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

[​IMG]

@Earl Atogrim von Draken
    I would totally live in this.

[​IMG]

Inside's got some nice little hideaways and good potential too....

Yet somehow I'm afraid the oracle's going to smite me for being in its house acting like a realtor...:X

16. Fiero Steele

Fiero Steele Avatar

Both I would buy!

17. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

Perhaps the company could have an architecture contest. Players could submit designs, and they could pick the best/most appropriate/plausible. Prizes could be awarded. :)

18. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

I guess a lot depends on "how expired is expired."
    There are loads of elf/shogun/obsidian/kobold/viking variants but with the expiry of those styles I don't know if that precludes new alternatives, or not.

In "Shim's world tour" I've found a lot of repeat use of the same couple fruitshack/warehouse buildings, with some size/texture variants.
    Honestly texture variants (perhaps in crafted houses?) would give us a lot of variety and in the case of the riverstone, the building itself already exists.

19. Esher Stormcrow

Esher Stormcrow Avatar

this house would be a reason for me to upgrade to town lot ...

Sara Dreygon, Jaesun and kaeshiva like this.
  20. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Would need floors and windows and a different color but imo it would work good as a city sized home. Or town.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.