Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Lost Vale quest difficulty estimation is absurd

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by Mishikal, Feb 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

All 3 of the "relive xxxx" in the Lost Vale should be "very easy" for me, according to my quest journal. I've not completed them before, so it's not like I've unlocked the more difficult tier opportunity.

The *only* one that was remotely doable without dying numerous times was the grand artificer one, which I was able to complete without dying.

The one with the circle throne room? Died something like 10 times before managing to complete it, and only because the scene doesn't reset between deaths. So I could slowly pick off a few mobs, die, run in, rinse and repeat until finally defeating it.

"Relive the Seige of Opalis"? Not even possible in the slightest. If I'm lucky, I can get part way through the second wave of elves. Since it always resets, there's no way for me to complete this.

The journal is massively inaccurate in its difficulty estimation for these 3 quests.

Barugon likes this.
  2. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

And just to note, I was not doing theses quests solo -- There were two of us, both ALVL 105, 114 with buffs. Both of us died as described above.

Barugon likes this.
  3. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Good feedback. I see the journals list the difficulty as "tier 5" which is obviously very wrong. I'll update that. Issue #64036

Mishikal likes this.
  4. Synergy Blaize

Synergy Blaize Avatar

I think Lost Vales Quests were designed with full groups in mind?
    This game needs some "speed-humps" to stop High Level/OP players Farming zones.
    It is/was always meant to br a challenging zone.
    With the Levels some folks have, the Higher Levels will just Farm the zones. (I know of a few players who can solo some of the encounters....)

Just My 2 cents & My HO...

5. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Valid observations! Some insights for Lost Vale: We felt that the "side rooms" in Lost Vale would work best if they appealed to moderate groups of competent players and small groups of expert players. But it was also likely that whatever we designed would be "easier" for players as they learned the ins-and-outs and got more powerful as the months and years passed (and some players would eventually find then "easy"), so we added the "hard mode" option for players who liked the experiences and wanted a way where they could remain challenging.

Synergy Blaize and Mishikal like this.
  6. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Yeah, that sounds cool. I look forward to getting to the point where my wife and I can do the 3 rooms without dying just on the introductory mode. :) I do think adjusting the difficulty represented in the journal is good, and perhaps noting groups are recommended. ;)

Sannio and Barugon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.