(UPDATED R63) PSA: Loot (soft) cap added in R62 (confirmed by Chris)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Armeleon Vesaz, Feb 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Armeleon Vesaz

Armeleon Vesaz Avatar

Howdy!

I have been "researching" this issue for a while now and would like to share my findings as they are highly relevant to the discussions going on with caps in player levels etc.

Starting this current release 62 I noticed after playing for a while I was missing loots that is supposed to be "guaranteed" such as wood and scraps from siege engineers, obsidian chips from trolls etc.

I ofc first reported this as a bug but am now 99% convinced this system is working as intended and is as the topic states, a loot cap added with no mention given in patch notes, release notes or the task list.

The system appears to working exactly like the current soft cap for exp. After you'v generated* 20-25k gold within an hour you'll start missing out on loot. If you wait until more than an hour has passed from your original starting time, the loot count seems to be reset. Exactly like the exp soft cap. This is impossible to notice without looking at loots that are supposed to be guaranteed.

*this is not gold looted. This is the NPC value of everything you loot combined. Iei gems add 200, artifacts add 500-2500 etc.

I can 100% consistently replicate this and it NEVER happens before I have reached the 20k mark on fresh play session.

I would not take my word for it but test it for your self. You can easily count the total gold generated by adding up your gold looted and dumping all items to a NPC merchant trade window and multiply by 1.2.

It took me a while to be convinced this is the case because at first I wouldn't believe they would add such a major system without mentioning anything. Even after I knew how it worked currently, I tried to confirm if it's an anti-cheat system gone wrong. Since I had no replies for my PMs and seeing the plans for level capping PVE zones in R63.

PS. Replicating this solo is not possible for most people. If you really want to, you can easily replicate this in a group with a master looter though.

***UPDATE***

This cap appears to have been adjusted with the latest R63 patches. And adjusted to be a lot worse for the efficient but legit player. I have not yet had the time to replicate this more than a few times. Therefore I don't have a full hypothesis for all the details of how it currently works. Here's what I know so far:

-The cap hits you faster. This happens to me often after just ~15 minutes or so of play, before I'v made even 15k gold on fresh play session. The limits may be reached even quicker, I haven't been able to do a lot of testing yet.
    -The cap doesn't remove (only) entire stacks and items but rather removes them and reduces stack sizes, at least for gold. I'm seeing 1-3 gold from tier 10 mobs.

If you're seeing this as well, please share your findings here and/or on the related bug report here. Please share as much details as possible: of what you were doing, was it a fresh play session, if you know the gold value generated and in what time etc.

***UPDATE Mar 8th***

Yday's patch with no patch notes appear to have reverted back to the R62 implementation or at least something close to it. In other words the changes in R63 making this worse, were reverted but the cap does exist still.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
    Gia2, Crendel, Arcanoxer and 9 others like this.
  2. Titania Xylia

Titania Xylia Avatar

Does this reset after an hour or so like an attenuation or are you just cut off for the day or something?

3. Armeleon Vesaz

Armeleon Vesaz Avatar

Titania Xylia likes this.
  4. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

I never experienced this but I heard it many times, I probably go to try it by myself. I guess this is another cap they imposed to us, I am getting bored of all those caps, I hope you devs give us an explantion of everything.

5. Armeleon Vesaz

Armeleon Vesaz Avatar

This does not affect the average player much but also it's very easy to miss even when it does affect you. You don't have an attenuation icon to check and and it'd be near impossible to notice if you're occasionally missing say 30% of loot. The only exception to this is the guaranteed from certain mobs.

Dhanas likes this.
  6. amarious

amarious Avatar

Cap of the Avatar!

7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Well, it's a good thing that I never get anywhere near 20k per hour.

[edit] I guess it pays to just play the game instead of attempting to get the mostest.

Sean Silverfoot and Parson Barr like this.
  8. Katu

Katu Avatar

I think this has been confirmed as a feature. If remember right, they can add per person, bigger amount. Its one of those bot detection stuff.

9. Woodchuck

Woodchuck Avatar

It’s a good thing this game is unpolished and full of bugs, otherwise i might be affected by this!

10. Armeleon Vesaz

Armeleon Vesaz Avatar

This system is different. The old system (that is obviously) an anti-cheat system blocks your account if you went over limit x. They fixed the old system from blocking legit players by adding custom limits to some people (and possible messing with the general limit as well).

What I'm talking about here is new and was added R62.

Katu and Dhanas like this.
  11. Rixa Ultima

Rixa Ultima Avatar

i noticed a similar thing like "x guaranteed in x time".of corse sometimes are more and sometimes are less, but from some time counts was totally wrong.i'm also noted some other things but i need to collect more data for be sure.

12. Parson Barr

Parson Barr Avatar

I'm not playing to get the most or the highest and don't play nearly enough to generate this kind of wealth. I know some people play for these reasons and if I were trying to accumulate a lot of gold for something I guess I'd be frustrated, but honestly I can't play for that long. About every hour I have to stop and craft or do something else. Anything done for hours on end becomes boring after a while.

FrostII, Jaesun and Weins201 like this.
  13. Admiralloyd

Admiralloyd Avatar

1 hour farm give me +32731 gold i dont know what u want, but this is madness if u wann more gold from loot. This make to big trouble for game economy.
    (And this is not good hour for me i can make more) and i not inspect what are i have recive from Arts. Just sell my all inventory without Arts to NPC in PoT.

14. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Can anyone other than the good admiral confirm if this is even remotely possible - as I doubt that the good admiral would allow a 2nd person to accompany him/her on one of his/her amazing runs as way of verification ?

15. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

Actually, I am cancelling my sub. I will not be supporting SotA any more with all the capping system bullshit going on.
    Their systems are not implemented correctly, so they now start with all these caps to "fix" their wrongly implemented systems.

16. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

You want scientific proofs in this forum? Madness! Madness i say! Gut feeling IS EVERYTHING!

Jokes aside: can not confirm. But tbh i never took a deeper look on my loots. Will try to verify this weekend if nobody beats me to it.

Cordelayne and Elwyn like this.
  17. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

18. Armeleon Vesaz

Armeleon Vesaz Avatar

Yes this is possible. Sieges tend to be especially problematic since when you have multiple cabalists in a siege the gold generated value tends to be very high due to a lot of pure gold per Cabalist and guaranteed gems/artis.

Are you missing guaranteed loots from ie siege engineers on the latter part of the hour?

Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
  19. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

I'm generally skeptical of conspiracies, but I'm intrigued about this one. I'd like to join the investigation, but, before we can judge whether such a thing exists, specific and repeatable metrics must be established.

So, in order to allow various avatars to attempt to repeat and therefore verify the suspicious cap, we need a testing methodology.

20. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

I haven't personally noticed this, although, it does kind of explain why my loot "seems to" ramp off if I go nuts at it. However, usually other obligations when I come into town to sell, like needing to stop to water crops, or craft something for a guildmate, or go look at someone's deco that they made and want to show off, or go restock something I had for sale, or any one of a number of things...I guess must elapse enough time to where more often than not, it isn't an issue.

Typically I loot so fast (spam that button!) I barely even see what's in the window so don't usually notice if things are missing or not.

FrostII likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.