1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Release 63 Instructions

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Feb 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Its a bit baffling, for sure. I mean, it would make sense if the player dungeon system was intended for mostly PvP players, but it seems to be targetted more at crafters, decorators, roleplayers, player-quest-writers, and the like. There's already what, six? Rooms that drop exclusively in the Fall. And you all are absolutely right, if I want THAT room, I have to go to the fall and deal with PvP, or buy from a PvPer who goes and does it.

For me personally, I think its crap - but I get it - I'm fine with there being some dungeon rooms in the PvP area, because I don't need -those- rooms to make my dungeon or I have the option to buy those rooms from people who'd have a lot more fun farming them in the PvP zone than I would. I can't even get past the 20 minutes of required inventory management step required to go anywhere flagged. So I won't bother, I'll buy it if I want it. PvPers need nice things too.

I think choosing a "PvP exclusive" room as the flagship/example/initial dungeon spawner that players can get was probably a poor choice. It was bound to ruffle a lot of feathers, and I kinda feel like they should know better by now. But perhaps that was intended, since less players are likely to go there it will slow down the farming of these so devs can see what players are doing with the totems, how they are working, and nip in the bud any issues before they have everyone slapping down totems everywhere and its madness. Just a thought.

Besides, I don't want stinky liches in my dungeon anyway. Its too pretty.

2. Aartemis

Aartemis Avatar

It specifically states:

Player-Made Dungeons: The first round of Player-Made Dungeon encounters are going live in Release 63, including a system to level-up these dungeon encounter rooms! For this first release, we’re adding one encounter type, but it’ll be added to multiple different rooms. It may be a “proof of concept” encounter, but any effort you put into leveling-up the room will be saved. Additionally, a new set of prison-themed Player Dungeon rooms are coming into the game. For the initial release for R63, the scene will be in place and liches will drop the items needed for them but we will not enable totem creation. Totem crafting will be turned on in a patch a few days later once things have some more testing.

So I am hoping the other rooms will be patched in.

From what Chris said, it was supposed to be Ravensmoore not the Fall. He said that on the live stream. They are probably simply fighting programmer bandwidth here and pushed to get this in, and now it needs to be adjusted. QA had a rough release, not much testing and burn in time.

Vaiden Luro and Elwyn like this.
  3. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

I agree they should have put as first room with spawn maybe one obtainable in a PVP zone and one obtainable in a PVE zone.

4. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Hey, my dungeon is an underground luxury parlour ....I'm holding out for the totem that spawns hundreds of non-aggressive cats.

5. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

How can we iron out all the bugs in the totem spawner if only a small percentage of players who like to pvp can get it?

6. Aartemis

Aartemis Avatar

Give them a moment to get the release out and adjust, right? Breathe. :D I mean in situations like this the programmer did thier best to get something in the game that probably would have been pushed to the next release - but they got it in. That's Great! I just hope the current implementation does not create too much flack out there. LOTS of players want to try this and really right now its in a bad spot for most. They really should have seen this coming.

7. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

Do you think PVP players can't report bugs? I sold a lot of those blueprint in the last 2 month, so I guess even non PVPer are going to try it.

8. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

Yeah agree, but since many people have no patience and prefer to come here in the forum to complain as soon as possible , maybe this solution was better :)

9. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

But why only have 20 people testing something when you can have 200?

Cordelayne and Duke Gréagóir like this.
  10. Aartemis

Aartemis Avatar

I mean I think its a much bigger picture then just PvP. Even putting it somewhere that people have troubling soloing is wrong. I mean would it have really been THAT hard to make a Humanoid spawning room that drops just about anywhere and totems that level 1-5? Not everyone can magically hot key themselves to 180 stats to play with it. This is basic game design and QA here and something that has been sorely lacking since they dropped their team size. Everything is thrown together and patched for time constraints and the community has to then suffer and wait.

I understand it, and I support them in this time, however I still reserve the right to be disappointed in the implementation of something this big for the game.

Vaiden Luro and Elwyn like this.
  11. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

If they wanted people testing they could have given a blueprint to everyone in QA, this is live server, not QA.
    They should have already tested it in QA and they are releasing a content that shouldn't have bugs. If it is not in that way, well that's another problem not related to PVP, PVE and wathever but something missing in the process of development.

12. Senash Kasigal

Senash Kasigal Avatar

I dont mind if some things only in PvP Zones obtainable, but its a bad idea when we need this things for testing a new system and give feedback.

13. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

If it was me I would have released first the Compendium rooms, different kinds of mobs and accessible to everyone, but they will have their reasons for their decision

CatherineRose likes this.
  14. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

If they put it in like, Soltown catacombs for example, by this time tomorrow, everyone and their mother would have one and any abusive or exploitative use of these would be rampant. It makes sense to open this up slowly. The PvP issue aside, the Fall is a forced open scene, which may have been chosen specifically to limit how many of these items "get out there" for the initial push, until Devs can see what players are doing with it. On QA you want 200 testing, and they put them in a public box for testing on QA, but on Live, I don't have a problem with a bit of caution.

15. Aartemis

Aartemis Avatar

It wasn't specifically chosen, it was an accident - the programmer made it in the wrong room (or took the liberty to do a different room). Chris stated it was supposed to be Ravensmoore. Watch the Live Stream

Senash Kasigal likes this.
  16. Aartemis

Aartemis Avatar

It is just unfortunate. This could have been handled much better. For players who are so passionate and invested in a game like this - more care needs to be taken to prevent scenarios that do just this. PvP, Not PvP... Really not the issue. Its about segregating content people are really hoping to try and therefore causing distress of some kind to the community. Everyone will have their take on it, but when things are not thought out, tested and designed and simply thrown together and out the door - you get THIS. Shape it however you want, someone is going to be frustrated when this happens and the thing this game does not need right now is bad press and more drama. This was avoidable.

Widsith [MGT] and Dhanas like this.
  17. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Quick solution; have it at the Fall with a higher drop chance and at least two other encounters for the PVE crowd. R/Boris

CatherineRose likes this.
  18. Aurelius Silverson

Aurelius Silverson Avatar

@DarkStarr Claim button is gone, but none of the items due with R63 seem to have appeared in the rewards tab, or anywhere else, and no no-screen notifications. Tried on two accounts, so it delivery on these delayed a little?

Edit : And nevermind, a few minutes logging in an noticing this, and a few moments after posting, a small green marker popped up on the rewards icon, and things are now in there.

Edit 2 : Actually there is an odd problem after all, seems it's working for one of my accounts but not the other two!

All have done the same process, and all use the same, fully patched and up to date client. First one logged in, wend from town to the overworld map, into another town, left there to overworld and back home again, so four scene changes. Nothing appeared for them, no indicator and no items. Second account logged in, and did the same process, part way through his time in the second town the indicator and items showed up. Third account, logged in, did all the same actions, and nothing shows up for him, neither indicator or items...

If there is a delay in distributing the items to players accounts, it's a fairly odd one, since it's obviously not the same amount of time for each account.

Edit 3 and hopefully last ....

Just to add to the oddness, all three accounts have finally got the indicator and items - but the two who still had their ancient stone fishing grotto in their unclaimed items in the list now have been given a second one! The one who had taken his and placed it didn't get another....

Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
  19. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

Lets see how it will work if we will see the war in Fall and players would actively trade it I see no problem there, its win-win.
    Tears about forcing pvp is same tears like "I cant beat spider queen solo, why GM force us to cooperate"

20. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I got all my rewards.

Boris Mondragon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.