Goodbye SotA, thanks for the time spent together

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Antrax Artek, Feb 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

Sorry to hear this Sir, its been an honor dealing with you. Perhaps one day we will see you again. cheers.

Antrax Artek, Engel and CatherineRose like this.
  2. Dinsoo

Dinsoo Avatar

Eat you later!

Cordelayne likes this.
  3. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

I see your point but a good stress test could be also the PVP-RP event we did in New Heaven 1 month ago where there were 50+ ppl fighting and 20+ ppl watching. We invited the devs but no one showed up and we didn't see any announcemnt message. This is one of the reasons why many people think that devs take more care to fishing (4 contest done by them in the last 4 months) and dance parties ( they attend 1 every month).

4. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

@Antrax Artek a little more than a year ago when I first began to watch you PVP I wanted to grow up to be just like you. I know I am already grown but could not imagine how a person could be able to fight the way you did. After watching you fight in adventure or in Pvp I began to see you as a truly caring person and that was more impressive than even your fighting. You were and still are a great inspiration to me. There have been some players that greatly influenced me: Night Fury, Roper, Boris, Hex, Dhanas, Greyfox, Luca, Alexander John, Mac, Dingle, DevilCult, Stu and Kor just to name a few. I will never forget them. Nor will I ever forget you Antrax.

Be well, be happy , have a great life and come back in the future.

Thank you.

Kara Brae, OrionSnake, K1000 and 9 others like this.
  5. Floors

Floors Avatar

Okay. well, too bad.

These kind of "quit" posts, which I've done myself, don't age well. I bet you'll regret your decision and return, becuase you're a famous player and I always looked up to the Antrax's Army stuff even tho I don't PvP.

The fact of the matter is tho that if you are not a casual player like me, who is busy with a career and only has a few hours to spend playing here or there, you are WAY more likely to get burned out over 2 years.

I hope you re-charge your batteries and return later on. Ciao.

6. Floors

Floors Avatar

the PvP crowd is very volatile, they go in they power game, they get bored and they move on, from game to game to game. And then new people come in and take over. So it's a natural way of things. The old makes way for the new.

EVERY SINGLE MMO has players quit and get tired of it, especially if they're competetive. The names change, but tune remains the same. Remember ArcheAge ? Black Desert ? Crowfall ? Nobody mentions those now, And nobody will mention Gorgon or Diablo 4 eventually either... players move on, the games remain.

Elwyn and Rada Torment like this.
  7. macnlos

macnlos Avatar

I don’t know what “Dance party planning” actually entails from him but when you put it in writing as the first thing on your list, it sticks in peoples head. Just saying. :)

“Starr Long: Dance party planning, Stream planning, Jira Triage, yelling at us all for not having a working QA build yet”

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/standup-corner.2315/page-71#post-1207655

Amelli, Gorthyn and Cordelayne like this.
  8. macnlos

macnlos Avatar

You’re stereo typing on the PvP crowd; I won’t comment further on that.

You’re generalizing on the 2nd paragraph that since every game has people that quit for normal reasons, that people quitting in this game MUST be for normal reasons. That’s just true either.

So basically, you didn’t say anything. :)

9. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

Did it occur to you that their planning entailed preparing to gather data from the stress test aka (aka dance party)? What, exactly, do you think they're planning? Dance moves? You seem to be lost on the fact that it's a stress test.

PvP people, while I do agree that there isn't enough love thrown your way, there is nothing stopping you from PvP'ing during the dance parties. If there is a zone limitation, really, it would just take the devs requireing PvP restrictions be removed, if they exist, from where the party is happening.

Again, YOU could just add to the stress test instead of complaining about being overlooked. So, where are you?

This is the only MMO I've played where the devs regularly interact with players in-game and out and yet people still find a reason to complain.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
  10. Terrence Phillip

Terrence Phillip Avatar

This exactly!

11. Amber Raine

Amber Raine Community Ambassador (FR)

@Titania Xylia @Earl Atogrim von Draken

Just wanted to point out the common here.. The dance parties that get announced.. are the release parties.. the release parties *Are* ... just like the fishing contests.. A Portalarium production.

Here is where they gather information, data, stress tests. Here is where they test different things like shrink potions and growing potions. The Release dance party is a place they can test things, where a large player base will show up, and it has always been the case.

The other dance parties do not get *that* attention .. and we have a lot of them.. because they are not a function of Portalarium. Yes, we may be providing the service they use, but it is their thing. And it is an honour to have Starr use our platform.

And if they know about the events happening.. they *WILL* talk about it and mention it. You just need to make sure they know about it. repeatedly.... until you are tired of mentioning it .. so they get it ;)

The last New Britannia Theatre Play went without mention because.. was not in their face, repeatedly... These boys are busy.. they can't know all the things all the time that we are doing... They know what *they* are doing.. but not all the things we are unless we put it in their faces... Which means.. yes the release dance party gets mentioned.. Yes the fishing contest gets mentioned.. that is because that is *their* thing.

With that all said....

Antrax Artek -- It was an honour serving with you. We will never know why the ambassadors left. Or why a whole other company walked out the door and left a partnership (we can speculate, we can assume, but we won't really know). Yet, you stood up time and time again for the PvPrs.. When they had no real voice, you were there for them. And that was a dangerous place to be, but you braved it well good Sir. It was an honour. May the shadows of night keep and protect you always.

12. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

I'd like to add that when PvP'ers show up on the dance floor, the party REALLY starts.

it means a lot that you pointed this out to us <3 thank you!

13. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

Unfortunately this is the problem :(
    They should organize event PVP too, like they do with dance parties and fishing contests, because PVP is a big part of the game, excatly like other things, and need lot of testing and datas. Seems weird they take time to organize those kind of events constantly but don't take time to organize or at least watch PVP events so they can gather data and important stuffs.

It's not the first time we invited devs to take a look to huge PVP events, example also the Cerus' Duke tournament, and they don't care at all about it.

14. Jackrabbit

Jackrabbit Avatar

His play list?

Alleine Dragonfyre likes this.
  15. Jackrabbit

Jackrabbit Avatar

If you could incorporate DJ'ing into the pvp somehow, i'm pretty sure he'd show up.

16. Amber Raine

Amber Raine Community Ambassador (FR)

Well... they do not organize, set up, or host the Release Parties. We, Avatars Radio, do that along with other community members. However, Starr is the DJ of it and these Release parties have happened every month for 5 years. For them. It started with FireLotus, went through a period of time with a mixture of DJs, and now it is Starr. However, it has always been used for the same purpose... Testing.

I do agree with you however... Want to get better PvP events.... then you should, as mentioned, plan PvP events, and then put it in their faces so they know about them... constantly... and the longer you have them going on.. on the same schedule.. the more they are going to know about it..

5 years mate.. the Release Parties have been going for 5 years. Any PvP event been constant like that ? Other then EVL? (who by the way did take a hiatus on the PvP thing for a bit) ....

Again I agree, best way to test PvP would be to get PvP events... so.. create them... then get it in their faces.. Here is a secret.. one invitation to it isn't going to do the trick... poke them in all the places... Socials, emails, forums, discord.. and do it more then once.. believe me.. they will mention it.. when they see it ((more precisely.. make sure it is in ATOS face))

Now, so I am not hi-jacking a thread that was a great man and member of the PvP community leaving. I shall back out with this last statement ---- If you want an event, if you want it mentioned, make sure they know about it. They are a small group, they can not be in all the places, all the time.. but the more times they see something, the more times you mention it to them, the more they are going to help you get it out there.

17. Gia2

Gia2 Avatar

Everybody chill down and don't touch my dance party arrrrrrrrrrrr

Amber Raine and Dhanas like this.
  18. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

As I recall Atos has been handing out some pretty freaken big prizes at the EVL tournament recently.

I too want to see more Port involved events, but haranguing on the dance parties isn't going to make more happen in other areas. Amber is right, organize them and then bug the developers to show up.

Lord British is playing the game, so put together a PvP event during the work week and let him know ahead of time. He showed up at gustball back in the day, maybe he'll make it to the PvP event. Or let Atos know ahead of time, he's the obvious PvP dev.

Talk to EVL about hosting a limited PvP tournament for the livestream. It would need to be 1/2 an hour so only the top competitors and they better be there and on time or they forfeit.

That 5v5 tournament had nothing except prizes that couldn't have been done by the players. Actually even the prizes could have been. I've been to some dance parties that players very generously gave away deeds back when deeds were a big deal.

19. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

Hello everyone, I promised not to interact with the sota forum anymore if not to manage trades through pm, after seeing the incredibly big number of notifications received on my mail and discord and having discovered that they were almost all private messages about my greeting and answers to my goodbye thread I felt compelled to write again.

You are so many, it would be a colossal undertaking to respond to everyone one by one but I want to tell you that I really appreciate your support and at the same time it saddened me and I was sorry to read some of the messages from people who already miss me (Carry on buddies!).

I know you're trying to convince me in so many ways to stay, don't think i'm an *******, I promise I'll think about it, we'll see how things will evolve.

Let's say I'm a pretty positive person and even now I hope that maybe in a future the situation on SotA can really change. I have worked hard trying to make changes happen, and perhaps this is also the cause of my disappointment.
    I think the fact that after a goodbye post here the percentage of people who come back in is very large is a very positive thing (even a sota forum lurker on reddit raw said that, could be true).
    I like the way many of you called my leave, a break, let's see it this way.

I have some promises to keep, the most important is the large scale pvp event in Dragomir, but do not be surprised to see my character online randomly, if this happens i'll be there for trades, could be dhanas using my character to craft things, or maybe I went in to help a friend or punish an enemy :p (watch your back!).

Thanks again for your support to me, my thinking and for your touching messages, have a great day!

PS: Sota raw reddit lurkers you can kiss my butt!

20. Omnedon

Omnedon Avatar

As we used to say in UO... can I have your stuff?!?!?

lol j/k.. good luck!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.