can you believe this PC Games article about Shroud?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Asari, Feb 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

Ah, but what if I'm right? Did you think about that? or did you just respond because I hold an opposing opinion? Since there is NO crystal ball, looking into every game on the "current" market and NO clearing house of accurate stats, let's just say: There is NO right or wrong answer here, neither of us can "Prove" with data, what % of players prefer which play style...

I missed nothing, Dude... If you want to flip it around, go for it...

2. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

You can be right here, but not, 10 and 90 is a very big difference, someone of us is much closer to the truth and someone is closer to false.
    I can make a poll on the forum, but after it, you will say that I register a huge amount of new accs and vote by it.
    I can make the poll in my guild(which daily prime time online is same as online on the events like dance parties, which is only reason for you guys to enter into MP) where would be name and opinion on forced MP. But you will say that we are Russians and want murders.
    P.S. I can't go away from feeling that I already participated in this type of discussion. And finally I remember, I had the same talk with Kaeshiva about archer situation a year ago. She said that all is ok with archer in pvp, I say hey it oneshooted from halberd user with no counters, and cant penetrate 80 level glyphs heavy armor. (BTW at that time I was the most advanced archer in game and only one who participated in open world pvp) When I just understand that seems she didn't know what defensive glyphs you should use against the archer. Same here you even don't understand how huge amount of guys who want to play sandbox mmo here. You just can`t see them in private mode :D

3. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

Well just goes to show that not all people have as much fun as me in this game :)- I look forward to the next chapter and the new quest system when its ready. cheers.

4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Review threads always turn into heated discussion. Thus the reason the op posted this.

5. Astirian

Astirian Avatar

The thing about treasure hunting is that it gives you a reason to visit a scene. I'd rather collect mats passively and discover things organically so reasons to get me into scenes other than "I'm gonna farm these deers all day" is a huge plus. So I'd love to see other organic discovery initiatives like this to get me to go somewhere I normally wouldn't.

Your second comment here describes my current holding pattern in-game. At the moment, I log in to MP (which really does remind me of UO HD), craft/buy, water plants, do PV runs etc... and I enjoy it! But I hardly visit other scenes because I haven't done the main quest-line yet. I intend to do this in SP mode. However, I won't do it till I'm confident the quest system is robust (and the dialogue presentation is more intimate and less MMO-y). I'd also like a real Save/Load system where the game doesn't just plonk me back at scene-start when I load. Things like re-spawn rules and SP economy are very important here too. I am steadfast in this because I believe Port will ultimately deliver. This requires a certain amount of patience to be sure.

What gives me hope is @Sannio to be perfectly honest and some of the scene walkthrough videos I watched him present a few months ago.

What doesn't give me hope is not seeing any of the above SP related issues in the daily stand-up. Which leads me to believe that SP is no longer of any importance to Port when I'm feeling negative. When I'm feeling positive I like to think it's the next thing they'll tackle after Fishing -> Player Dungeons -> Krampus -> Envy Angel... Q1 2019 is almost over...

P.S: Don't get me wrong, I think Player Dungeons is a great feature and I understand fishermen have been on hold for a long while.

Paladin Michael likes this.
  6. Astirian

Astirian Avatar

Best metal band name ever.

Elwyn likes this.
  7. Gia2

Gia2 Avatar

Truth or Lies don't belong here. Raising emotive and bias flags wont help you or the company or the game itself.
    If you fail to plan you are planning to fail.

Success:= 1,0.
    This isnt quantum mechanic... values here are only 2.
    No success: small transactions everywhere, no devs, code lead forced to deal with box shipping and all those thousands things we all aware of.

Hornpipe and Gorthyn like this.
  8. g04tn4d0

g04tn4d0 Avatar

Pensacola, Florida, Earth, Dimension C-137
    Refusing to play is a double-edged sword. It can send a message to the developers, requiring their attention to make improvements in specific areas of the game which may be a good thing for some.

It can also send a message to potential new players with gripes and low population numbers, which can slowly, but surely, kill the game's future, as negativity is quite contagious amongst the uninitiated.

Tread lightly, friends.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
    Astirian likes this.
  9. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

Well... not that I would try any contradiction with you but :

[​IMG]

Good point about the archers but certainly not the only issue right here.

This article is very interesting and it tends to confirm my own suspicions, observations and opinions about those-who-shall-not-be-named regarding forum policies.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
    Astirian and Cordelayne like this.
  10. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Astirian likes this.
  11. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Most PC gaming reviews have gone the way of national media. Not objective.

The best way to handle it is with your feet. Leave those kinds of web sites and stop contributing ad revenue.

12. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

LOL the article forgets this game launched in alpha not even beta. That is what the dev team envisioned a game wehere the player and devs work together. Now someone on steam that bought the game logged in and didnt read anything. You get a review like this, clueless and wrong. Did this game have bugs, yes dude it was in alpha. How hard is that to comprehend?

There will be more games with the same idea as this one, and I do like the model because I enjoyed giving input and seeing it come to fruition. I enjoyed entering a bug and getting reconition and possibly rewards for it. We worked for them in a sense and some of us understood what was the process, others ignored it thought it was a full release game and BASHED it to hell and back. Is it the best game out there? Who CARES I love this game and enjoy playing it.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
    Elwyn, Sarek, Boris Mondragon and 3 others like this.
  13. Katu

Katu Avatar

Is it still alpha? Beta?
    See, steam shows two types of review score, recent and alltime. Neither is positive. Bash steam all you like, ignore everything, reality is what you see here.

I feel its getting better now and I'm one of those "steam not recommenders", however, I changed my mind and my review.

These boards go absolutely mental, everytime someone points out to the negative stuff, for example, bad reviews.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
    Hornpipe likes this.
  14. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

It's not a review of the game.
    It's a review of the development history.

Yes, it has a negative bias.

Hornpipe and Cordelayne like this.
  15. Jens_T

Jens_T Avatar

The author was a KS backer and quite active on the boards.
    You might see a bias (towards single player story rpg) in the article about the development... but don’t try to spin it into the author wasn’t part of the journey. He was very active here before he got banned.

Elwyn, Hornpipe, Pickley and 3 others like this.
  16. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

There is nothing in RL or in Game Life that is perfect, without broken thought, without broken ideas or without flaws. The way to accept this broken life is open our arms to learning how to laugh, to cry, to dance all in the joy of today's actions. No matter how we expect another to behave or react it is our own reaction coming from the deep recesses of who we are that will cause us to find fun and joy whatever the day or others may bring. Everyone is unique with unique ideas and ways. A game is one way to one person and another way to another person. Someday, no matter what another may say or do, life, in RL or Game Life, will end and be no more. It is what we do with it where we will be able laugh and find joy.

There are many of us who have been here since 2013 and 2014. We have never seen the game become perfect and we never will. We will find fun and joy playing the game because we get from it what we put into it. We go forward doing all we can to promote the good and change the bad.

Jaesun, Elwyn, Ancev and 7 others like this.
  17. eli

eli Avatar

A failure to see how biased we are (as investors, community members, Ultima players, RG fanatics, etc. ) suggests an overwhelming confirmation bias.

Be real guys. There is a lot of koolaid.

These journalists did a good job.

Cordelayne, Sir Frank and Hornpipe like this.
  18. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

His bias is in that he reports close to zero good news. It's almost 100% bad news + rumors from reddit. That's it. Read back through his "journalism" career and tell me he's not biased.

It would be fine if he wasn't pretending to report the news, but he's not, he's just lobbing hand grenades.

19. Floors

Floors Avatar

You know what they say tho, there's no such thing as bad publicity.

I figured after about 2 weeks it was time for another one of these, where everyone that is unhappy says the same stuff, and then everyone that is enjoying themselves says the opposite. Lol.

Have fun in game folks.

20. Astirian

Astirian Avatar

It's very frustrating because he gives the SP supporters a bad name, which is ironic and the tragedy of it really.

I'd hate it if Port dropped SP support because of Reddit. I mean, I'd kind of understand it in a way... But it'd really suck for the 'good' SP guys and girls.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.