216 catapults!!! 8+ MILLION crafting experience NERFED?

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by xadoor, Feb 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

only the metal binding recipes are from supply bags.

xadoor likes this.
  2. xadoor

xadoor Avatar

just to be clear, this isn't what i did. I posted soon after i figured it out. It took time to write it all up thou

If significant portions of our community knew this without posting then I'm embarrassed to be part of this community. I thought we were better than that. I really did.

so to be clear
    6 woods * 6 woods * 2 metals = 72

Gravidy likes this.
  3. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

Yeah im not pointing at you, just those that knew this since persistance and never shared the secret (for a good reason, cause its a bug) ;p
    When its too good to be true, its probably cause its wrong. As keishiva also mentionned it got a reset after persistance and people could do it again, this kind of thing could happen over and over and that would be free exp boost for anyone that know the trick, which is kinda shady. I dont think this kind of thing would look good in a player manual on how to get experience in the game.

xadoor likes this.
  4. Sway

Sway Avatar

A) catapults - was not a recipe available at persistence
    B) we all new first time gave a bonus. like the warlock necklace gave idk 100k or something
    C) the bonus for using tier 2 mats, like hard maple was not worth doing before double exp.

your talking like this is a new thing but most, if not all crafter have been doing this since persistence, but in most cases it was not worth using tier 2 mats till after double exp.

5. Lained

Lained Avatar

It's now 2,000 XP per catapult and 10,000 XP for an exceptional one.

6. Floors

Floors Avatar

You can get your account banned if you do abuse exploits tho and it has happened so I would not take advantage of issues like this you find in case the banhammer comes down on you at some point.

7. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

they cannot ban for this, if they did 85% of the players would need to go.

Fixing it also problematic as since it has been around F O R E V E R what are you now going to say it needs to go away.

A player just figured it out, sorry for coming late to the party but . . . .

8. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

ok now use different materials that is how it was Gamed.

9. Lained

Lained Avatar

That was with different materials.

10. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

ah ok looked back at it sure changed and that is BS,

Sad that they consistently handicap new plyers and let players who have used something considered an exploit to get away with it.

Congrates to those wo got away with it.

Wonder why reviews get worse and worse.

11. xadoor

xadoor Avatar

I"m speechless....well not really, but if I start talking there is a huge bucket of rocks that are gonna get thrown all over the place and I'll end up pissing off the "top players" and moderated by the forum Gods.

This change wont cause me to quit but its sure in the same bucket of bad changes that will eventually make me quit. I dont understand why companys dont understand that something not working as intended for long enough becomes the new intended and changing it will do more harm than good. ......at least dont pull the knife out till you are ready to deal with the wound.

Chris literally just said dont punish the whole community for the actions of the few. This is EXACTLY that.

Katu, Spungwa and Weins201 like this.
  12. xadoor

xadoor Avatar

I wonder if I would have done it if I knew I was "getting away with it"....I like to think not but until you come to that fork you really can't know for suer.

13. Spungwa

Spungwa Avatar

This is not the first time this has been posted, I found out about this from the forums along time ago. First time a spreadsheet has been posted to give people exactly what to do for the table catapults that i know of though. The one i saw was a massive 5+ page post in the general section discussing all the different recipes you could do this with when i found out about it.

Also very easy to have worked it out, just from making glass from different gem fragments you would work out first craft is on combinations not recipes.

Regards
    Spung

Weins201 likes this.
  14. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

yeppers but now it is "NERFED" sorry but that is complete BS.

As I said congrates to those that "got away" with it.

Shame on developers for "fixing" it.

StarLord and Duke Olahorand like this.
  15. Floors

Floors Avatar

Completely backwards....

16. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

I might agree with you if this is not something that has been around for over a year.

It can be done with ANYTHING just catapults have 3 items that can be made from diff materials.

You can do this with ANY item, things that us fragments, things that use bindings, bolts, strings, . . . . .

The mechanic is NOT new and if it truly is ABUSE then you need to just bite the bullet and reset everyone, or let it go.

As it is now any new players or even players like me who just did not "take advantage" now cannot use them intermittently when I feel a need to boost Producer exp to train something else.

When you create a mechanic and allow it to persist, then once it goes mainstream attempt to villainize it YOU as the developer are wrong.

Adjusting it like this is showing you think it was wrong before, yet let it go for years.

I know this is not a popular opinion and the devs most assuredly will defend themselves, but from a players POV, I am not wrong and as you can see from replies and other posts, . . . .

Sorry but this is another of those threads that needs no more explaining on my opinion, mine is out there and it is validated from others agreeing. and others not.

StarLord, Vero and xadoor like this.
  17. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Catapults giving 20,000 experience on the first go was probably not intended and they very likely weren't aware of it until this thread.

18. xadoor

xadoor Avatar

i think(seriously I do sometimes) what they didn't realize is that you get the bonus for every combination. They made a quick fix for this and lowered the level of that recipe(I think). IF they don't fix the real problem of getting the bonus for every combination its just a matter of time till some new high level recipe bites them again. I fully expect they make the longer term fix of basing bonus on recipe and not combination in the next few months.

Farm early farm often....

I dont know what they could have done that was better but nerfing is exactly what Chris just said they shouldn't do.....Punish the player base for the crimes of the few....

Weins201 likes this.
  19. Elnoth

Elnoth Avatar

I personally think this is working as intended (simply because to record every combination it needs to be stored in a backend database that way), and since catapaults is just the focus, but it applies to all crafted items, it is somewhat of a counter to the age old saying of "I want to be a carpenter - well go mine for 6 months" that people throw around.

Edit: If XP was nerfed then maybe that age old saying is true.......

20. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

Level 100 carpentry requires a significant amount of determination to be a crafter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.