(UPDATED R63) PSA: Loot (soft) cap added in R62 (confirmed by Chris)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Armeleon Vesaz, Feb 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Armeleon Vesaz

Armeleon Vesaz Avatar

Its fairly simple and was pretty much described in the OP. The issue is that most people can't do this solo.

Step 1. Start a fresh play session and make sure you haven't looted anything for 1 hour.
    Step 2. Screenshot your starting gold. Saves your starting point goldwise and starting time.
    Step 3. Stop when you start seeing guaranteed loots missing such as wood and/or scraps from siege engineers.
    Step 4. Screenshot a vendor interface with all your loot in it and your current gold visible (you dont have to sell your loot for this, just put it in the window and cancel).
    Step 5. Gold now - starting gold + what vendor offer * 1.2 is what you made.

If you made 25k+ within say 50 minutes, you have enough time to notice the missing loots during the last 10 minutes in 99% of cases. Assuming you're paying attention ofc.

*1.2 to be safe. The real conversion would be *1.25 but for items worth 1 gold you actually get 100% due to rounding so to be on the safe side not to exaggerate you can use 1.2.

And yes, everyone should be sceptical. Which is why'd I'd love if other people (who can) would share their testing as well. And there is still a chance this is some anti-cheat gone wrong or some other odd bug. But to me, since I can replicate this consistently in several zones and have done so dozens of times now, it certainly seems very likely to be the case that a loot cap was added without any mention.

Cordelayne and FrostII like this.
  2. Admiralloyd

Admiralloyd Avatar

Not checking this, if i understand what you mean. I check again latter....
    I kill all mob's but looting only engineers\cab\marksmans

3. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

No worries, i just did one to compensate ;-)

scroda and Feeyo like this.
  4. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

25k gold in one hour from just engineers is a lot - a lot - of sieges.

If you could somehow get an average of 100 gold per engineer, that's 250 engineers - 16 sieges per hour.

I don't mean to be rude, but, are you kidding me?

Astonishment aside, if we are going to do this properly, the OP report just won't do. It's too variable. We need a zone with relatively homogeonous loot.

There are quite a few, but which one will yield more than 25k per hour? We should identify one so that we can test it.

5. Armeleon Vesaz

Armeleon Vesaz Avatar

You don't need to get all the loot from siege engineers. You just need to use the siege engineers to confirm if you're missing out on loot since they drop guaranteed scraps and wood. And there are plenty of them around so that you can also know if this is not happening but you are generating lets say 30k+ per hour.

I can consistently replicate this doing sieges so I'm sure others can as well, at least in pairs.

And you don't need homogenous loot since you can check your total gold generated if you follow the instructions. All you need to test is to be able to push the gold generated to 25k+ per hour (which is not trivial solo, as mentioned many times).

FrostII likes this.
  6. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

Thank you my friend for sharing info with us all. Time to do some tests!

FrostII likes this.
  7. Armeleon Vesaz

Armeleon Vesaz Avatar

Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
  8. Elnoth

Elnoth Avatar

IMO, a loot nerf that affects the 0.01% of the population that can achieve this makes a hell of alot more sense than modifying the scene with level caps and restricting game modes which affects 100% of the player base (well not 100%, but I'd venture to say 75% are AL80+)

9. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

What leaves me speechless is the amount of pretend outrage on this forum :rolleyes:

10. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Yea, me2.........

kaeshiva likes this.
  11. Armeleon Vesaz

Armeleon Vesaz Avatar

I'm not 100% sure I understood correctly which loot nerf your referring to by the first part. Assuming you mean that the loot cap is fine then I disagree but your opinion is certainly just as valid as mine.

The big issue here, at least to me, is the fact that (again, assuming I'm right) they introduce major systems like this with 0 communication despite the multiple avenues that actually dedicated to communicating changes to the player base.

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  12. Elnoth

Elnoth Avatar

Yeah sorry I wasn't 100% clear, and I don't doubt you are right. In terms of coding I don't think it would be too dissimilar to XP capping, instead of counting XP though they are counting the gold coin value of loot, which I know is all recorded from looking at some of the API outputs.

Regarding the communication, having played on QA over recent releaeses you realise there are alot of changs that are made that are undocumented in the release notes (example). I guess it was thought of not warranting communication.

Rinaldi likes this.
  13. Armeleon Vesaz

Armeleon Vesaz Avatar

Yes I very much included the task list in the ways that changes are communicated.

14. bugmaster77

bugmaster77 Avatar

Along with several guildmates (rotated some in/out), we've been fighting the Daemon in the Solania Catacombs to get the Daemon Trident (I got one yesterday, but we're trying to get more for other guildmates).

We've been doing this for approximately ten kills when suddenly the loot went from a dozen or so items, including the occasional artifacts/recipes, to 40+ Serpent Scales and about 45 gold. This repeated itself three times in a row--THREE KILLS WITH NO REWARDS.

Clearly, something is going on here.

Keep in mind that only one of us was looting each kill. I could see maybe hitting a cap if I was SOLO, but this is a group of 4-5 people, with only one looting, and a different person each time!

A HUGE WTF!?

If any of you read my latest post here in the forums, this seems a slap in the face. They literally did the opposite of what I suggested. As is, there was ZERO point in us staying with no chance for loot. We had no choice but to leave and find something else to do.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
    Rinaldi and FrostII like this.
  15. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

To save others time searching for the post you refer to here ^^^^ , which I consider an excellent post for what that's worth, and kaeshiva's post in that thread is spot on as well - here's the direct links: bugmaster77's and kaeshiva's .

Rinaldi likes this.
  16. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Apparently my account is bugged where the cap is constantly on....

17. Armeleon Vesaz

Armeleon Vesaz Avatar

The existence of this cap (without details of how it works) was confirmed by Chris in his recent Ask Atos Anything with Wake Up New Britannia at 37.53 onwards.

(Great show, I highly recommend listening to the recording if you missed it live)

Glad to finally have a confirmation but I'd also like to address his comments on me being the only player affected by this:

First, this can affect anyone who is unaware of this cap and is therefore using a master looter in a group (niche scenario I know, but still shouldn't exist as is).

Second, just as one example: this cap consistently hits you if you're doing solo Upper Tears only after 6-7 rounds per hour. I know for a fact there are many other players that can and do clear Upper Tears in much less than 10 minutes per round. I uploaded a clip demonstrating this before we got the confirmation and you can see it below. The first "guaranteed" loots missing is at 28.40 and happens every round after. A simple Youtube search for "Upper Tears Solo" will provide multiple examples of people clearing it in less than 10 minutes per round and obviously the videos uploaded are a fraction of the people actually doing it.

Fister Magee, Gia2, Rinaldi and 5 others like this.
  18. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

All I did was listen to around that point.

PvP with Zero ransom - How do you think that is going to bring people to PvP , anyhow LMAO

Caps to loot, so somethign is there that when you Farm enough the loot "stops" , Not working as intended? So it is supposed to lower loot for "farmers" again "it is not supposed to be punishing" then what is it.

Listend to 3 minutes worth and these two are not a draw to the game at all and are actually an HUGE hinderance.

ah well, I will watch the exodus continue

Do not try and persuade me either of these two are good ides , one is opposition to what PvPer want and, the other is a true and outright punishment.

19. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

So what this only affects a very very small number of people on the server who are on the extreme end? Does not affect the majority of the player base and probably never will for a long time. I do understand though where you are coming from though but if they didnt have these restrictions only those very few would have unlimited wealth which is not beneficial to the game balance or to the player economy. Like all these changes that come in they generally are to stop certain behaviors and to change the mechanics of the game play which was not intended to support this type of game play.

As Chris once said they put in changes to Balance all the time, not everything makes it into notes. Well you see this as a Major change it only affects that very small number which is not the player base. I can count on all my digits the number of people that solo UT. That said perhaps this system has always been there and only now are you just discovering it? They stated already about the Siege loot. They didn't explain why, but I'm ok with that as it really does not affect me and by the time I get to that point along with the rest of the player bases things will have changed as does every MMO its part of the Balancing and ever evolving design.

I am sorry that it puts a damper on yours and others ability to do what you were doing, its pretty cool to know you can do all that and make that kind of coin. Gives many the dream of getting there perhaps one day. In the mean time maybe look for a new challenge or fun to pass the time until things change :)

20. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Man you get a ton of loot @Armeleon Vesaz! Congrats on be so fast at it that you're getting caught in the anti-cheat systems. Sounds like you'll be all set again soon, I bet you're freed this week.

Earl Atogrim von Draken and Xee like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.