Banned from Universal for liking pvp and not apoligizing for it.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Raistlin77, Mar 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raistlin77

Raistlin77 Avatar

*PLEASE NOTE*

For some reason some of my words are being bleeped in the publishing of this post, this is bad for my case, so when you read this understand those are not cuss words :D
    End notes

I was just kicked from Universal Chat for no reason except voicing my opinion about pvp. People were kicked from the event that didnt't know they weren't allowed to PVP, and I was arguing my point rather humorously....or so I thought.

No vulagrity, no harrassment, no ranting, nothing. I wouldn't post my issue publicly, but there is no way I know of to address this in game. I would like an email explaining why you think I deserved to have my orb taken.

Players were kicked for being flaged (not necessarily fighting) at an event that there was no prior notice that pvp was not welcome. I specificly asked Mirva in universal if anyone was flagging and got no response, nor did I see any warning,

It's messed up that people got banned, that's all I was discussing, and again other than making a few jokes, I wasn't rude, or mean, or vulgar.

Everyone was seriously mad and so I was trying to make jokes, tI'm not going to pay for a service if it is going to be taken away for trivial reasons. I'm just sayin'

No matter how much they cater to these sensitive anti pvpers they find a way to bellyache, 20 years of being treated like a redheaded stepchild, my method of play is just as valid as yours. If its wrong to say that I guess I'm banned from the forums too which sucks because this game is awesome.

Too bad the community is still ruining this game

I thought Garriot said he got rid of GMs because of issues just like this? I guess not

ok for some reason

*edit* Ohhhhh C@rebare is a bad word got it, where can I read up on these rules. I dont want to offend anyone. I didnt know I wasnt aloud to say words

I get it now, I will take my woopin,, please just send me a list of triavial words Im not aloud to say, seriosly

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
    Humbert_Humbert, K1000, Lou and 2 others like this.
  2. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

If this was PvP at the dance party I believe Avatars Radio hosts were just encouraging PvP at dance parties last week, so it sound alike a giant misunderstanding.

3. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

Just to clarify, before the release party there was a Mardi Gras themed parade. During this parade we had "floats" going down the road and we had several people placed along the road asking every 30 seconds for people to keep the road clear so the floats could be moved. We had crocodile pets named "KEEP OFF THE ROAD".

People were PVPing at the entrance to the town and this was fine. People were PVPing outside the lot the event was held on and this was also fine, no one had an issue with it. After 10 minutes of asking in zone chat and in local chat for those people to keep the road clear we started banning people from the lot so that the parade could continue without disruption.

After the parade was finished the lot bans were lifted so everyone could come enjoy the rest of the event.

4. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

They were banned for standing int he road and blockign the parade purposfully. That's the only reason, and all folsk were unbanned after the parade was over and unable to be blocked further.

From what i heard in the chat while it was going on, the angry person that was banned began a call to arms un universe chat NOT for pvp, but to go block the road further to bypass ban mechanics. So i dont see any part of this that was about PvP other than it was a PvP guild organizing the non-pvp griefing

Elwyn, Boris Mondragon, Sarek and 7 others like this.
  5. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

LoL

Blatant Griefing delt with, with in game mechanics.

That is the only reply needed.

6. Raistlin77

Raistlin77 Avatar

Nope! I was there, flagged watching the parade, like I already said, if I knew it was wrong I wouldnt have been doing it, but I wasnt even fighting, let alone doing it in the street. As to the angry person that wasnt me, I was the guy telling other pvper they need to respect non pvp evetns. but none of that is the issue here, the issue is, we need to get straight what the rules are. If your not aloud to flag at an event then it needs to be clear, I have my log save where I specificly asked if flagging was aloud, and got no response, I was trying to follow the rules. and because I expressed distasted for it got my orb taken. PVP isnt an afterthought in this game, nor was it ever, but what is more important is, people that dont know how to handle the \ban hammer shouldn't have it.

Dhanas likes this.
  7. Raistlin77

Raistlin77 Avatar

who did I grief? did you even bother to read my post? If anyone is griefing its the organizer.

you cant harrass people because you dont like their style of play. We all pay to play this game

Dhanas likes this.
  8. Raistlin77

Raistlin77 Avatar

Maybe Im not being clear enough. I was banned for NOT standing in the street, but just because I was flagged, as I was politely arguing my point, I used the word C@REBEAR which i dint know was a bannable offense, my attitude was a little salty but by no means as bad as the discussion, in fact the use of the word was in jest, I was gonna start a character named C@rebear extrordinair but I guess that's right out.

I was banned from universal (i guess) for saying a word popular in culture to describe a non pvp player, I know its teasing but it was meant in jest, I was never hostile or anything.

I'm ok with the mayor ban pfft whateves I wont be buying anything at that town thats all, its the fact that some GM banned me for saying a word in jest! A little weird I have to say

9. macnlos

macnlos Avatar

Carebears… lol

Cordelayne and Jeb Ladedada like this.
  10. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

As has been stated, people who did not clear the road, were cleared from the road using the ban mechanics. They were promptly unbanned once the part of the event that required clear roads was over. There was PvP going on around the lot for a good half hour before the parade portion started and there were no bans.

The event organizers has no way to ban you from universe chat....but people in chat were told by a dev to drop the issue so I can only imagine that is why =/

11. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

I wasn't disputing anything you were saying. I was just letting the other readers know the details of what you glossed over in your original post.

12. kl4nk

kl4nk Avatar

I would love to see that list of banned words. For the lul.

13. Raistlin77

Raistlin77 Avatar

and as has been stated, people who were flagged were banned even though they were \nt standing in the road. man one of these days Ill learn to be quick with the screenshots

Im not saying the the town mayor banned me from universal. No theree WAS NOT a warning from a dev, I do have a screenie of that, and even if there was, what little dictator phifedom of a game do we have where you can be banned for speech? Were not two year olds, sure if someone takes it to far and cusses I would ban them too, but dictating a discussion? Ok cool goin back to free to Play :D

14. Gypsy Lou

Gypsy Lou Avatar

clear the road, or you will be banned from the city.shut up or you will be banned from forum.don't kill any of elite's circle in pvp or you will be banned from game.

15. Raistlin77

Raistlin77 Avatar

ohhhh ok thanks.

16. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Promote hate speech or overt bullying in any form, satirical or not. This includes displays of symbols like swastikas, figures like Pepe the Frog, negative religious symbolism, or keywords and indicators of individuals and groups like the use of "C@rebear". Do not post and talk about these anywhere in the community or game, or they will be removed and your account potentially suspended.

^ fromt he Rules section, if thats what you're talkin about
    And sicne he said he was angry when he decided to use that word, it was way way more likely the context than the actual word itself.

Ironically, the word "C@rebear" has sicne been censored in that post :p. And just from seeing the kind of people who use it, i can confidently say that it IS indeed used more often to spew hate and vitriol at people you dont agree with than anything else. If it was used, i assume there was hate being thrown at people who dont pvp because he thought this whole thign was about pvping, which it wasnt

It was literally ONLY about getting people out of the way, who were not respondign to requests to get out of the way (and who we now know DO understand english due to responses. we thought they couldnt understand english at first)

17. Raistlin77

Raistlin77 Avatar

ill pay that 7k to talk to these guys personaly : D

and I mean talk not any toughguy stuff, Im not even really mad it just astounds me that they think its ok to take an orb over talking. do I get it back? thats another thing, its unprofessional to take account action and not even have a standard email. Just sayin! Id like to know what the reason is for the ban and is it tempor perm? how long? etc etc. Like I said at the beginning I wouldnt have brought it here if I had a statement saying what is goin on.

18. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

It was -me- who was banning people from the lot, most of whom I *personally* saw in the road and a few others whose names were given to me by the people we had arranged prior to the event to watch for people going afk in the road (or standing in it intentionally /casting fire rings in the middle of the road to be disruptive.). If someone was "wrongly" banned, I apologize - there were quite a few people running around so its not impossible. If we hadn't had players encouraging others to come to specifically disrupt the event, this would not have been an issue. It had -nothing- to do with who was PvP flagged: afk, non-flagged people who were stood along the parade route were similarly banned/unbanned to force a kick from the lot.

I know that the 'universal chat censorship' is more your issue here, but there's nothing I can really say about that, not sure how/why it happened.

19. Raistlin77

Raistlin77 Avatar

A. Thats a broad definition for a bannable offense.

B. I never said I was angry I said I was a little salty but no were near hostile. or harrassing, so why are you trying to make it that?

C. I edited it out because I didnt know at first that that is why I was getting astixed

D. Im sure it also states that altering a banned word is agains TOS so both of our accounts are up for review I guess> Wouldnt that be silly?

20. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Oh also i dont know why you were banned from orb \o/

I jsut heard somone was rallyign peopel to disrupt an event thru non-pvp means on universe chat

Sara Dreygon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.