Soft Wipe for Episode #2 ? ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Weins201, Mar 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

I suggest listening to the livestream and actually understanding what Chris said. As others have already noted, this was just an idea and one that was already exceptionally low on their possibility list.

2. Malimn

Malimn Avatar

Where was all this bitching when the new lands were produced in Ultima Online?? New areas had places that could be played by both NEW and OLD characters... Performing a "Soft Wipe" is the lazy way @Chris to fix issues YOU created. Fix the balancing issues on Ep1 first then you can have a smooth transition to Ep2. Are you going to leave the "Imbalance" in Ep1 or are you going to fix this issue or just let it hang out there like you have with numerous other issues... recent examples... Owls head Sewers Blueprint / Recipe not dropping, Eveny Angel bow not dropping, etc. FIX YOUR ISSUE BEFORE YOU MOVE TO ANOTHER TASK!! OMG This team needs a true project manager who can focus on both the large and small pictures and not let things fall through the crack.

Osiris3, Cyin, Gamician and 11 others like this.
  3. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

I agree with this ^^ make eps 1 right before you even start on eps 2

4. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Agree as well. I didn't like hearing that ep2 is a 2019 plan at all. Enough with the premature births.

Ep1 is finally getting steady and stable, finish it! That includes the quest system.

Black Tortoise, Cyin, Gorthyn and 9 others like this.
  5. Astirian

Astirian Avatar

And the dialogue box. ;)

smack, Jaesun, Cordelayne and 3 others like this.
  6. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

I’m just starting to love eps1 more work to be done though.

7. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

You can do that only if you explain the system you have in mind. Something we don't have yet, that's the main problem.

Cordelayne, Mishikal and K1000 like this.
  8. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Lol I was horrified to hear him say that everybody (players) pretty much seem ok with it. I look forward to him playing through the story for about ten hours with it. And time to make a poll.

FrostII, smack, Jaesun and 4 others like this.
  9. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

He did a better job explaining it is his livestream yesterday.

1. I love that he’s doing that
    2. not a fan of the plan not even close.

FrostII and Mishikal like this.
  10. Rada Torment

Correct, but we had 15 pages of posts before that livestream ;), thats what I meant.

Explain first to let the community discuss about it.

11. Terrence Phillip

Terrence Phillip Avatar

I don't see the rush to get episode 2 out. I agree with the statements above. Finish episode 1 properly (including the quest system).

Cyin, FrostII, smack and 3 others like this.
  12. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Well hopefully this will be a new age of communication, avoiding much of the drama of the past due to how well we are kept in the loop.

And with all that communication comes eyeballs. And soon indie devs around the world start watching the stream, and due to the increased eyeballs (and resulting players) people from other areas start watching! And soon the game is full thanks to all those fantastic livestreams of devs working and playing their game and involving the community.

Astirian, Brass Knuckles and Mishikal like this.
  13. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

that would suck.... that's why I said scaling to dungeons with the option to enter it as solo, group ( upt0 2-5 players) or Raid …. the scenes (dungeons) scale to the number of people entering it. So a challenge but doable for solo, hard for Group, to extremely hard and challenging for raids. And each choice you get a unique reward, but different for each choice... and the choices change so you never know what you are going to get.... "life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you are going to get" type thingy :)

but regular scenes stay much like they are T6+ up …. :) NO WIPE ….

Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
    Brass Knuckles likes this.
  14. addrox

addrox Avatar

Totally a bad idea unless the people earn like a few hundred % depending on what "level" they are.

Like if you are over level 100 ... having a soft reset so you casually within 1-4 weeks gain ALL your stuff (EXP) back I guess is ok. Meaning you just gain EXP logged in and out of game till you reach what your supposed to have. So new people (if they are any, I'm hopeful and wishful) wont be too far behind ...

If not this is lame. If I have to regrind all my grind ... meh

I dont know we shall see.

Hey How ABOUT you give all new players level "60" start off point??? And make the quests and mobs and zones accordingly depending on which part the new players start Ep.1 (normal) Ep.2 (start at level 60).

K1000 and Brass Knuckles like this.
  15. Rada Torment

Agree. This should be their main priority. It would be sad to see the same quest and journal system not fixed/revamped before epi2.

Osiris3, FrostII, smack and 4 others like this.
  16. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

Usually scaling is not for multiplayer instance, that instance is set with a default value for everyone to join (either easy or hard, you choose). Then when in a party or solo and going to a private instance THEN it would scale... Aint hard to make as system.

addrox likes this.
  17. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Virtually all zones in WoW are scaled now, and those zones are multiplayer instances. Similar with guild wars as well, I think?

18. DavidDC

The zone in WoW are scaled because they are all instanced. You cannot join a zone that people already joined in if you are not in a party with them (as far as i know)

Elwyn likes this.
  19. DavidDC

The barrens wont get scaled depending of the players that are in, that would require to repsawn monsters everytime someone enter the zone...

20. Vesper

Vesper Avatar

Soft Wipe, Hard no.
    I haven't been keeping up on the drama, and I'm not going to sift through 20 pages to get current, please excuse me if this has been suggested.
    If the thing is really about creating content that is level appropriate and not some other motive here's an idea: Upon entering EP2 skill and level cap everybody at an appropriate level (AL60, Skill80 or whatever required) Unlocking your EP1 AL and skills requires the quest line to be completed. Nobody rage quits, everybody is happy, problem solved?

addrox likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.