Sailing ships still planned for episode 2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Arkah EMPstrike, Mar 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

just heard it confirmed this is still planned.

bunch folks were concerned a while back that they were no longer planned

2. Titania Xylia

Titania Xylia Avatar

Yeah, Chris has been discussing issues over the last month. We will get the feature, but sailing our ships with them fully decorated might not be possibly. However, the feature is coming. They just need to figure out an optimal implementation.

3. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

This is huge!! And the feature I wanted most darkstarr said all houses and ships made so far would be navigable. Expect as this becomes closer to reality those older unused boat homes jump in value.

4. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

Really dont care about whether they are decoable or not. Just having a ship to sail would be too much fun. I am thinking that if you sail a ship out of zone it puts you on the overland map as sailing in a body of water where you zoned out at....or to the nearest body of water. Better make sure you dock and sail out of a specific section. Would hate to get caught on an inland body of water. But i can see it happening though....zone into encounters on water much like we do when we go into adventure zones.
    If you are engaged in a pvp encounter on the overland the parties involved would zone into an instance much like random encounters as well...where you would face off with your ships. If your ship gets to a certain HP value then the winning force can board and you can fight it out with the Captain and crew. Yeah normally i dont discuss pvp but i can see it happening.
    IF the winning side Wins....then they can claim or sink the ship. Give the losing crew an option to swim for it or be teleported to the nearest landmass.
    PVE encounters would still pull you into an instance and you fight pirates, leviathons, giant water elementals. This would be exciting for sure

5. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

disable all deco while moving, anyway deco should be "child" of "parent" boat, once at destination and boat stopped start loading deco again :p

6. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

I don’t think boats need the deco to be cool, I wanna fish off mine in the middle of the ocean and catch sos bottles.

7. Lained

Lained Avatar

Hey! My Baron 2 Founder ship is unsinkable. *dons ladies' admiral gear*

8. Sketch_

Sketch_ Avatar

sounds like a nightmare

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  9. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

well the nightmare is moving all the deco from pot to pot and if it get into a non pot map where no deco should be then its another problem. Thats why if all deco get stored as ship sails like in magic mover but hidden, then loaded back in a pot if it stop in a pot would be the easiest solution i think

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  10. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

If they give me choice of Deco or Sail and Battle watch how quick 90 pct of the deco on my galleon gets put away in the bank. All except for the dance poles at the lower level of the ship. That must stay *grins*. R/Boris/El Pirata/Black Sails Forever

CatherineRose and Brass Knuckles like this.
  11. Belladonna Rose

Hey thought my ideas were good ones you Scurvy Dawgs. Damn. If only the devs would read it now. LOL

12. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

How about you can either use or boat as a home or as a boat. Seams to me that’s the easier solution the they can sell more boats on the store.

Astirian and Boris Mondragon like this.
  13. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Well I don't think we should stop the feature coming in just because we might not get to sail on decorated ships or decorate while sailing. However they can make it happen so we have a decent boating system is what I'm hoping for. I think boating would really be a popular system and going forward besides fixing what we have we do need popular systems coming in like treasure hunting systems all done well done like boating. That is my wish for this game.

There is so much possibility still in what is coming in and in what we already have. Lets connect it with a great achievement system, new and improved journal system and quest system and with many tasks for those who love those. They do give reasons to play for some and we need those basics. Also improving cooking, taming, brewery, agriculture and the grind of fishing with interesting loot and quests you can fish up, well along with water stained sometimes treasure maps to explore the world.

14. Daigoji Gai

Daigoji Gai Avatar

Holy crud this is huge. HUGE!
    [​IMG]

15. Belladonna Rose

Thinking on the mechanics issue i think having a different boat from the ones you can live on would be better. That way you can click to dock it and it would go into your backpack when done using it. that way there wouldnt be the need to mess with deco at all. I never did get a chance to see the big ships in UO as i stopped playing by the time the High Seas came about. And as for overland sailing there are plenty of port cities you can sail to. Ardoris, Kingsport , Aerie and such so its not like their should be an issue with it

16. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Feel free to dock in our Pirate Town Dragomir Mori. I would be honored to relieve you of any excess cargo. “Grins”. R/Boris/El Pirata/Black Sails Forever.

17. Astirian

Astirian Avatar

I would kill for a shipyard where you can begin a boat building project and direct it as it progresses by making choices and providing materials. Yummy!

18. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

I like you elegant and simple approach to a supposedly complex issue ^^

19. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

20. Astirian

Astirian Avatar

Cpt. Hook's got the MOVES! (maybe he won't stab her)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.