It has been 07 days since the last Standup Notes post by developers.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stryker Sparhawk, Mar 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

Consider this thread an ongoing safety notice to increase daily or weekly as needed.

Bom, smack, amarious and 2 others like this.
  2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I'm guessing that since they no longer have an office, they no longer have a standup.

Boris Mondragon and Bom like this.
  3. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Was wondering why this went away. That was our only way of seeing glimpses of possibly new stuff... :(

Feeyo, Boris Mondragon and Bom like this.
  4. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

Bandwidth... apparently not having an office means they have less workday bandwidth to post it :p

Bom likes this.
  5. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Yes this has fallen by the wayside since our nomadic adjustment. Apologies! We will try to get it back on track soon.

6. smack

smack Avatar

Great! Looking forward to seeing the standup notes again.

Also if anyone wants to see what each dev has done on a day-to-day basis in an tabular format, check my sig.

evillego6, Bom and Cordelayne like this.
  7. Bom

Bom Avatar

@smack Amazing! Do you have that data input automated or are you doing it manually? Your other data links are excellent too! I'm sure we are all hopeful that your Land Rush spreadsheet will become more greatly utilized again in the future. I recall updating and using it several times per week after the Land Rush era.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
  8. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

There is also twitch streams from Atos which have been on top of the standard Friday ones. They have alot of information on what is coming always new information and ideas. Lots of QA worth checking out.

majoria70 and Sean Silverfoot like this.
  9. Helverian

Helverian Avatar

Daily stand up also works remote. We had an mixed remote team. One in Usa. One alone in a german city. And then a few in a other german cit and the most in another german city. And sometime these People also work at home. So you had have 6-7 locations. And made the standup remote via phone and the reviews via videoconference.

10. smack

smack Avatar

Thanks! I enter everything in manually. And for the Land Rush spreadsheet, some players still check it every now and then but I only update that spreadsheet once every 6 months. It's due for another update around R67 or so.

11. mystarr

mystarr Avatar

Daily standups appear to be on break again and a quick summary of the release: Not much got done without an office.

Don't get me wrong. I normally think the team does an impressive job on content each month, but this month seems light compared their normal standards. It just doesn't "feel" like the team is as focused on the game. Hopefully just a slight speed bump and not the new normal.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
    Feeyo likes this.
  12. Synergy Blaize

Synergy Blaize Avatar

@Chris has been doing at least 2 livestreams a week on Twitch & reads & acts on many questions/issues from viewers. (Most regular time he streams is 2pm CST on Wednesdays)
    He also discusses some of the coming content & what the team is working on.
    It is well worth watching/listening to.

You can find the archived steams here : https://www.twitch.tv/shroudoftheavatar/videos?filter=archives&sort=time

13. mystarr

mystarr Avatar

Frankly I don't think 2 hour videos are an effective way to communicate what is happening. If I have two hours to kill, I would much rather play the game. I would prefer the devs spend that time writing something that I can digest and refer to quickly.

Cordelayne, Gia2, Verit and 4 others like this.
  14. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I love the streams Chris is doing. He and the devs need to see things broken by playing not just hear about them from us. Imo it is much less impactful just telling. You don't have to watch the streams but listening to them is usually really interesting. Imagine we will get to dye our walls. Little details like this are fantastic.

It's not everything he mentions being deco related because another time he saw how bad the daemon was and worked on it right on screen. He went to the pirate even and got how missing the raid system was. He didn't know what to attack. Two hour streams don't stop anyone from playing the game. I was working on my jumping course and listening to it. I could glance at it here and there since I play in windows mode. I say Go @Chris. I think what you are doing is fantastic. So imo let's 'show'them.

CatherineRose and Astirian like this.
  15. Astirian

Astirian Avatar

Minutes from a weekly meeting posted on the forum would be awesome.

16. oplek

oplek Avatar

My biggest beef is that it seems to be mutually exclusive with his normal utilization of Port's primary communication hub - the forums. That we choose not to watch the streams means that barely get any information, aside from Starr's occasional announcements.

Edit: What happened to the daily blog? What happened to the twice-weekly daily blog?

Beaumaris likes this.
  17. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

@Chris already announced he will wants to continue this one, alas not on a regular basis as before.

18. oplek

oplek Avatar

Yes, the semi-regular twice-a-week posts is what I'm referring to. It's the ability to follow through that's the issue. I was thrilled when he said that... and now it's weeks later.

19. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

I understood the the twice a week stuff as goal to achive and nit as commitment. Non the less i agree it is damn about time for an update ^^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.