QOL - Devotionals description

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Elrond, Mar 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

[​IMG]

As you can see from the image posted the devotional tooltip doesnt state what bonus it gives ... Would be great if you can add the bonus in description also ..saves POT owners from having to place signs .

And we're still waiting on devotionals to be added to POT's as deco and not as Buildings ... i have tons of town buildings i cant use because all my slots are taken by devotionals .

Drilikath, Cyin, FrostII and 2 others like this.
  2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I think it is fine if they decide to do that for us but really it is kind of cool to have towns be a little different for reason to visit. I have 3 devotionals in Wizards Rest which is a Cross Roads Village size. We are not going to upgrade the town any further. I think choosing devotionals to provide a few for the residents of town has to be a choice. I am not sure all towns should just have it all. As with many things in this game we need consequences and choices also. But if it happens then it will. I don't have too strong of a feeling on it but just mentioning some thoughts.

Drilikath likes this.
  3. Cirsee

Cirsee Avatar

+1 to both please :)

Drilikath likes this.
  4. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

Books, Signs or Message Board?

5. Titania Xylia

Titania Xylia Avatar

It's a toss up for me. I agree with majoria and want to see Elrond's changes too. Tooltips are definitely in need of updating.

I can only have 4 devotionals, and I pretty frequently have to swap them out when I'm moving between a specific crafting task, fighting, or fishing. I would love to use all of my "buildings" at once. For now, they wait in a chest. I think I hear them crying in there. :(

Cirsee, Drilikath and Cyin like this.
  6. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

+1 I think, tho Majoria makes a good point, I too like the variety. What gets me about devotionals as we're talking about them (sorry this is somewhat a topic distraction) is their SFX seem to be really resource hungry. I wish POT owners could switch them off or else the Devs take a look as to why I lag and stutter like crazy and like nowhere else when adjacent or in Devotionals.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
  7. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

Honestly... why does it have to be spelled out, either via tooltip or sign???

It takes at most 30 seconds to jump through them all and check the bonuses. I have known from the first time I used them what devotional gave what bonus. The bigger issue, if it hasn't already been addressed, is when and how the player is told to USE them. I remember following the quest line, and for the life of me, from the way it was described in the quest (I know... who READS these days? :p ), I tried every way I knew to make my character bow or kneel to try and activate them. It was quite by accident that I jumped into one and saw the bonus pop up.

I also agree with @majoria70 , this needs to be a calculated decision when placing, not an aesthetic one.

Gadfrey Zukes likes this.
  8. Drilikath

Drilikath Avatar

I can understand what majoria is saying, but lets face it. At this point it is about the $$ amount you spend allows you to have ALL devotionals out, not just "Buildings" because you can have 15 NPC owned buildings with a metro, and 22 NPC owned buildings in a municipality. 10 NPC owned buildings in a city. So the amount of money is the only thing that changes for the devotionals.

I understand you not wanting to have more then what amount you want out, and if they gave us the ability to place them as decorations vs buildings then you still would have the choice to put out the ones you want, while others can decide to put them all out. But at the same time would also allow me to place actual buildings in my POT and make it look like a town vs just some random devotionals and an oracle building sitting in there because i cant use buildings, Without spending more $$ or coto for the upgrade.

9. Curt

Curt Avatar

Everyone has opinions here is mine (not a POT owner)
    They should have limited it to one devotional/town
    The devotional should had been arches you walk through instead of pools you have to bath in.

10. Drilikath

Drilikath Avatar

So glad this is not the system.

11. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

I agree it is a calculated decision...Devotionals are for town functionality ...rest of buildings are for aestethics ( Tower, stables cemetery, gardens so on ) ..So between aestethics and functionality the majority obviously chooses the second ... I think we can have both .

Anyway Chris already said he will remove devotionals ( In last wake up New Brittania interview) as town buildings so hoping to speed this up for the next release with proper tooltip description also.

Drilikath likes this.
  12. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

[​IMG]

:)

Cirsee and Elrond like this.
  13. Cirsee

Cirsee Avatar

I think town functionality is important for all town owners. Making your town unique is in the design as well as your designation (i.e. market, story, PvP, etc.)

Drilikath likes this.
  14. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

Does building status make devotionals visible from further away than they otherwise would be?

15. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

A lot of decisions are made without thinking of the repercussion that happen later. I see players who just jump in Wizards Rest to get the devotionals which are placed conveniently. These are players who may or may not want the particular ones I have placed. So if the plan of this game is to take away choices and just give it all to us fine then. The choices and reason to continue to play still do need be added no matter which way some decisions go. Like why we do the things we do? Is it to achieve something and what is tracking our choices? Are they immersive, interesting, and fun. So while this thread starts out as an wishing for a feature or features to be implemented soon or sooner in a way it is all part of the whole feel of the game. Can we get an in game achievement system to track how many devotionals we visit, how many towns we visit, how many tasks we do etc? Then we get more reason to play and do things and what if we don't complete some things? We don't have a timer anywhere for some tasks or achievements. Maybe we fail to do some things in a timely manner what then? I ask for some choices and decisions to matter. Placing devotionals and NPC buildings right now is a choice. I took down the moon tower to place a 3rd devotional. Did I want to well no since the moon tower is so tall it is a great marker to find things. The two measly fishing holes in the snowy biomes are very difficult to find if you don't have your town set up around the frozen waters you can't fish in. So the moon tower was a marker I could direct players to if they perhaps did want to fish those 2 holes. Ok well that is my point and Chris said we are getting this so on to next time thinking of the consequences of making changes without thought.

16. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Yes please.

17. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Can’t you just place your own signs or billboards papers near each one?

18. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

Wish i could ..the terrain i placed them doesnt allow signs ...and relocating 6 devotionals ..well its hard to find a good spot for them ..lot of things to take into account like accesibility ... do they block other player view of vendors or house..so on... a complete tooltip would have solved some of these issues for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.