Cablist Hoods and Sieges

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jmcclain, Mar 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Katu

Katu Avatar

I have seen one Dolus hood on vendor and it was 400k

2. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Which hoods are trash? .-.

Or would it be easier to list which one isnt “trash”? >.>

Just talking bout dolus hood? That doesnt sound like a drop rate problem to me. Sounds like something else

Ravenscar likes this.
  3. sotasota4

sotasota4 Avatar

Abecedarian! the change to multi was mostly to avoid private farming then when someone started to cry in their ears about griefing they made them private but with reduced rate ))

(self-censored)

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
  4. sotasota4

sotasota4 Avatar

I prefered to give him a dose of his own way to answer ))

5. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

That's fine... but being the change you wish to see is a way to make the world a better place *grins*

sotasota4 likes this.
  6. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Tutorial; on how to Ignore a Person on the Forums you do not seem to agree with, or just do not care to read their Posts . . .

STEP 1 - Over on the left side is a Window with the name, a Pic the Avatar uses and some information, LEFT CLICK on the Name
    STEP 2 - In the new window Left click on the word Ignore, it will change to Unignore. If you see Unignore then they are already ignored, you can confirm on that list in your profile.
    [​IMG]

After this it is your own fault if you actually read what some players post, and if you can not follow the rule and reply with something actually constructive

7. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Please stop with this... I'm fairly certain everyone has seen it by now ;)

sotasota4 likes this.
  8. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

obviously some who do not know how to actually handle themselves have not.

9. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Tutorial: learn to deal with different opinions like an adult person. Step one: suck it up.

:rolleyes:

Jackrabbit likes this.
  10. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Something to think on... telling THEM how to squelch YOU just ensures your audience is that much smaller, and your voice and opinions reach fewer people.

I understand the anger and frustration, but having your say and basically telling people if they don't like it, ignore you... well, it really doesn't help anything at all, honestly.

Weins201 likes this.
  11. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Well, let me give you another view on that one. If he get's people to ignore him he has to deal with less opinions that oppose his own. If we don't see his posts we can't gainsay him.
    I mean just look at his signature. Pretty telling imo.
    Add the fact that only he decides what is "constructive" and...well, you get my point.
    There is no interest for a meaningful discussion in this one.
    Shouting out opinion as loud as possible is all this is about.

12. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Ok let look at this with some intelligence.

First the OP wonder why the drop rate of the hoods was changed, great question, I have done a bunch and the only hood I have ever gotten was plain one.

NOW . . . Sieges

they started as is until two releases ago. SO what "Problems" where addressed? First they made them Multiplayer only? Why? there really was zero logic that drive that first decision. It however resulted in an immediate problem, players seeemed to appear on sieges only when there was only a cabalist left, and rolled over them. They did NOT come in to gather wood from Engineers. They did not partake in ANY of the work in draw cabalist out. There where MANY sieges in the area any player could have gone into, yet they chose to "invade" one almost done. That is Griefing.

With that change zero mention of farming as being an issue. Nor was wood changed at that time so it was not the intended fix.

NOW after many reports of player "Griefing" the change was made BACK to any mode, and somehow tey decided that now was the time to address the amount of wood that has been on Engineers since DAY 1 of sieges. So I could not have been that big of a deal. Some however clearly knew about how to get the MOST wood. So with the change back to Multi modes there was a reduction, the two are NOT related, however many seem to combine the two.

Hoods , the current issue is reported by this poster to have a 1% reduction in drop rate. I am really curious how you got this number? If there is some place that show % drop rate it needs to be brought into the open.

the diff between 1.5 and 2.5 would be undetectable without over 10k drops at least.

SOOOO in the end there are 3 different issues here Modes, Woods, Hoods and players seem to want to lump them all together even thow they are distinctly separate.

Do you want to complain about anythign make sure you are on the correct topic and know what the actual point is.

Last OT point? why was there even a thought to need to change the drop rate of hoods, if it did occur? It should have never have happened.

The wood, bah water under the bridge, deal with the fact that they designed flaws that are left unnoticed until way to late and then changes are really insignificant except only too the ones who abuse them.

now if you want to debate me be smart and debate the topic of choice either with a PM if Off topic or here if on topic, hoods

jmcclain likes this.
  13. jmcclain

jmcclain Avatar

The reduction in drop rate was confirmed in game by Atos aka Chris.

Weins201 likes this.
  14. jmcclain

jmcclain Avatar

Your assuming that SOTA % work like real math works but they don't.

FrostII, Cordelayne and Weins201 like this.
  15. jmcclain

jmcclain Avatar

Its better to look at it like they reduced the drop rate by 50%

Weins201 likes this.
  16. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

On the topic of drop rate:

in speculation, it seems pretty apparent what has possibly been done:

• They want the hoods to have a certain drop rate.
    • SM wasn't taken into account when determining %
    • Changed to multiplayer as a possible fix for drop rates
    • Rage ensues as a result of griefing that the devs should have seen coming like a freight train
    • Change back to selective multiplayer, to appease those being griefed, but now the number of sieges actually being generated is (Edit: AGAIN) much greater than intended
    • Number of extra sieges being generated calculated
    • Drop rate modified to %/avg number of available scenes
    That's just my take on it. Possibly applied to other scenes where SM has greatly increased the number of available spawns, like dragons and the like.

But that's just a Theory...

... a GAME Theory.... *grins*

Edit: clarified siege scene problem :p

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
    jmcclain, Dhanas, sotasota4 and 3 others like this.
  17. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Ok so now ask Atos, why? Also ask him why it is not in these forums or instructions? Also ask him what it was supposed to "Fix"?

Now when you get those and the answer was - "because they dropped too much" then ask why it took over a year to notice this?

Also if the answer was they where being farmed, sorry but ROFL the entire game has been gamed and farmed into oblivion. That is the issue they are working so hard to overcome. End game has been reached, way to easily, um wonder who told them it would be a problem????

Notices are and can be posted here or in the instructions, I am NOT (and neither are over 80% of the players) going to sit in a live stream 4 hours at a time to find out changes are being made.

Screwy math is not an excuse. especially since it has been left alone for almost a year.

18. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Like the thought process but the number and location of sieges has never changed. so there are not "extra" sieges. again you mixed problems and solutions, Multiplayer does not change drop rates it just changes # players. I know for a fact I did sieges alone and no one appeared and while I was doing them there where at least 3 other sieges in the immediate area. Griefing occurred.

The problem was created when the change was made. But again since they do not actually talk about why they made these changes it is all really speculation, How ever Drop reate and player mode do not really have a direct cause / affect. you can not matahmetically link them in any way, if oyu do you are reading wayyy to deep into the math.

hense why you look for cause / affect - - problem / solutons

19. jmcclain

jmcclain Avatar

why it is not in these forums or instructions? Welcome to SOTA this is how things work here. You ever patch with no patch notes?

20. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Bet yall could get a dolus hood in 40 hours if you really wanted to .-.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.