Cablist Hoods and Sieges

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jmcclain, Mar 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

Sorry, but have to respectfully disagree:

Selective multiplayer has a direct effect on the drop rate, as it multiplies the number of available scenes by the number of players spawning new instances of the same scene.

More instances = more spawns = drops happening faster than a simple drop percentage on a timed spawn would normally allow. If you intended on only so many possibilities being generated, a model the sieges obviously follow, to control it perfectly the drop rate would have to be dynamically controlled based on the number of spawns happening. To control it less perfectly, you get an average number of spawns over a particular time frame, and divide the intended percentage by average number of spawns.

Not a whole lot of deep math there.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
    Weins201, Dhanas and Antrax Artek like this.
  2. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

@jmcclain "Confirmed in game" by Atos - when ?
    By "in game" do you mean on one of his live streams or what ?

3. jmcclain

jmcclain Avatar

In game meaning asked in the game.

4. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

Definitely this!

You guys wanted it, take it now! Enjoy!

Spinok likes this.
  5. jmcclain

jmcclain Avatar

Makes it hard to not be snarky about this game sometimes when you constantly see how a small group of people are able to get changes almost instantly while things like pvp and other thing go release after release ignored.

6. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

sure raw numbers would mean that but that would also mean each and every Siege would have to be used, they are not.

I have done many sieges by myself (when they where multi only) and all around me was more than one not touched.

So yeah I could see your math as true raw numbers but in the end only a siege used can count.

So in the end the change for the diff modes - multi only - back to diff modes could only result in a change to the Griefing, and not effect drop rate in any significant way.

I do understand your numbers but the methodology behind it fails when need a use factor. ;)
    All GtG and just running in circles.

The Drop rate was adjusted and there is zero proof. either way it has always been way too low and any decrease is an insult.

7. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

I'm just offering a reason as to why the drop rate seemed to be off since the change back to SM instances, and it has been confirmed that they did actually adjust the number (presumably downwards), so this doesn't prove my theory, but does correlate to it.
    But... correlation is to causation as assuming is to...

Weins201 likes this.
  8. Dreadwhisper

Dreadwhisper Avatar

Update. 150+ kills deep with 0 Hood drops. Bear in mind each Siege is about 5-6 min. 12.5+ HOURS of doing sieges with not a single drop. The % change is noticable.

FrostII likes this.
  9. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

I think what makes this a bigger issue is the gap from dolus or any hood to crafted is humongous. If it were a tighter gap people would not need to feel like they have to farm a billion hours for one.

Arkah EMPstrike and FrostII like this.
  10. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Is the API showing these still dropping? Just curious.

11. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

I noticed such not only with sieges, few days ago a killed around 150 daemons for 12 hours and get only 2 Vrul, which is very small for such amount.

12. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

*grumblegrumble* two more than I've ever gotten *grumblegrumble*

13. Superbitsandbob

Superbitsandbob Avatar

Just anecdotal but I think there has been a general drop nerf not because of people moaning about private sieges but people moaning because they don't want magic items dropping that impact the current broken item economy where only those people moaning are getting anything from it. I keep coming back to the game because I see something and think "Ah!, they are getting what people want". Then the fun stuff gets nerfed.

14. Spungwa

Spungwa Avatar

I do a lot of sieges. I don't mind the drop in wood from siege engineers, they still drop more than most mobs of comparable strength. It always seemed silly to me that I could get more wood per time from killing sieges than chopping trees.

I got all the hood and weapons about 6 months ago I finished that, in the process I got well over 3k arcane catalysts, so took like 200+ ish sieges. As a siege can have multiple cabalist i'm not sure how many cabalist kills that was. If this has been dropped even further that seems crazy, Not like you can farm cabalist over and over in a siege. What they probably need to do it limit the drop rate in Lost Vale where you CAN farm cabalist over and over.

On the Cabalist stealing, I hated that, not because it was competition, but because I could only compete if I used a sword (not my preferred build, and don't want to be forced into a play style by other players). As kill is based on killing blow and swords is the only tree with a killing blow type skill (Coup de Grace), it not a competition.

Regards
    Spung

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
    Sentinel2 and Brass Knuckles like this.
  15. Dreadwhisper

Dreadwhisper Avatar

I honestly would prefer a higher difficulty siege which would give more wood/higher % chance of loot. The only promising part still active within the current sieges is the raw gold you can acquire. Given there's 75% bad artifacts in the game; most loot drops you get from Cabalists are worth their Ancient Essence price.

By them limiting how many hoods are dropping and not giving a better crafting alternative, the Devs inadvertently created a huge market disparity. Hoods will slowly climb until they will double in price. You can see it now with all the big shops. By them limiting the drop rate and wood rates of sieges, in theory, it would work itself out. (More lower levels not getting their Cabalist Stolen/More players in Sieges) This isn't the case. I can't see the numbers but I know I'm one of the only big farmers left going for hoods; They aren't dropping.
    The Sieges aren't necessarily worth doing unless you're very high level and optimized to farm the raw gold. We can even see the huge price spike in wood because of the nerf as well.

jmcclain likes this.
  16. Dreadwhisper

Dreadwhisper Avatar

I contacted List directly some odd days ago about the drop chance. At that time I killed 120 Cabalists and could not find the information from anyone. (0 responses on several attempts to contact them. He confirmed that the Hoods were still on the table but the drop chance was changed. A few days later I was the one who asked Atos directly via Twitch chat about Cabalist hood drops. He, in fact, confirmed that the drop rate chance was dropped from 2.5% chance down to a 1.5% chance.

Weins201 likes this.
  17. Toadster

Toadster Avatar

This math only works if there was enough population to support your theory. There is not and will not be unless these issues are fixed instead of just putting a bandaide on them.

Superbitsandbob likes this.
  18. Toadster

Toadster Avatar

Dropping the rate from 2.5 to 1.5 should not have a huge impact but this issue is not in the overall rate at which somethings drop but in the depth of the calculation and the bucket of items that can be pulled in that drop.

Let’s say overall drop rate for hoods went from 2.5 to 1.5. Well you would still, in theory be getting 1 in 100. But you don’t, why? Well there is a huge bucket of arties that Sre in that list of rare drops so your 1 in 100 drop ends up being a ring of jones instead of a hood or weopon. Now if you have a 1 in 100 to get a chance for god out of a list of 100. This is now rediculously tedious.

Or they took the calculation the other way.

Which would have an overall drop rate for rares and then a 1.5% chance that the rare that drops will be a hood. Either way these are rediculous calculations that would require 1000’s of hours or a **** ton of luck to get what you need.

Loot specialization are needed, now to fix all this. They should only drop hoods and weopons with a light chance at random other rare crap. Now 1 in 100 should be dropping something relevant to what you are doing instead of something you can get anywhere.

Dreadwhisper likes this.
  19. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Population is irrelevant, what matters is the ability to exploit mechanics... Such as having alts enter the same siege in party mode, and then have your main or party hop from instance to instance to instance of the exact same siege or other scene to complete them.

Cause this doesn't happen at all, does it?

I'll give you, if the chance was reduced, and there are ever more arties in the same pool of items that can drop as a result of that reduced chance, then that could also affect it greatly. However, I have never received any artifact from a cabalist aside from their hood or weapon (not that I have killed hundreds of them, mind you). So, for now I will remain doubtful that this is a possibility, but will defer to those with greater sample pools to pull from.

20. Toadster

Toadster Avatar

Sieges are only open for a limited time and there are almost always cities under siege. So scene jumping may let you complete the same scene twice but, it only saves you a minute or two from running to the next town. And that is if you have to cross the entire map. Nights when we decided to clear sieges as something to do have rarely rant into a break for longer than a minute or two without holding scenes open.

And I got a ring of Jones last night killing corpus and Faustus. Been through hundreds of sieges solo and in parties and really haven’t seen any of the cavaliers drops lately. Boots, Robes, Hoods or weopons.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.