Nerf Envy Bow

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by stefania1988, Mar 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

I agree somewhat with the OP. Rares are important to a game, but only to a point. If I could arm-chair a suggestion, it'd be that if we keep these OP drops that they be made truly seasonal and decay within "x" time after the event is over (eventually being destroyed - but still placeable as deco). This prevents the game from having gear-creep (wherein you keep having to introduce ever more powerful items). It also doesn't affect crafters over the long haul - assuming you agree that crafted items should be the best in game (for the most part).

2. Superbitsandbob

Superbitsandbob Avatar

But what is wrong with that? It's what players enjoy and this game needs to be more fun (I am talking about the PvE experience, not the sim life, silly hat one).

I understand the original plan was for crafted equipment to be the best but this is something that appears to be a minority like. Reading the forums this minority would also rather the game was less successful, even fail, as long as it sticks to these rigid original rules to the bitter end. New player comes in looking for a fun PvE experience, discovers that for equipment upgrades her only option is the quite ridiculous crafting grind or to waste time running around loads of vendors looking to buy something, player quits. It still boggles my mind that anyone thought running around vendors looking for upgrades in a RPG game was in any way a good idea.

It worked in UO because it was fairly easy for everyone to craft good stuff. I remember when the Euro servers came out and a friend and me were GM tailors and woodworkers within a few days. If we died and lost stuff we had back-ups in the bank. It seems as though the devs here have forgotten everything that made UO such an enjoyable sandbox. It such a shame that they have nerfed this bow within days of release all because a few old crafter's can't abide change.

I don't see why the two systems can't sit side by side. Create a random loot drop table, something like Diablo as this loot system is all the rage at the moment, ease back the stats on the table so they are a bit less than the best crafted stuff at different AL's and then advertise the game with this system in. It will be doing better than it currently is, relying on the same people every month to pledge money and buy chairs.

The Envy Angel actually would have been a good way to test this. Have the stats on the bow somewhat random, within reason, with a super duper version being a 0.5% drop or something. The most fun I'd had in the game for some time was keeping her wisps clear, her body slumps to the floor, is it the bow this time!

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
  3. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

He hasnt said he did it yet but they are looking at a possible nerf to bow damage

4. xadoor

xadoor Avatar

I doubt he's lookin at nerfing range in general. He just boosted it a few releases ago(so he says, I didn't notice any difference)

As for how he nerfed the envy bow. Its now a "very low"(it was "low") boost from strength bow and I dont see the giant crits from it so perhaps he adjusted that too. I highly doubt he nerfed all of range to nerf the envy bow but I guess this is shroud so anything is possible.

5. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

...why? Ranged/light armor is already a glass pea-shooter build, why does it need to be worse?

6. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

My guess is because of the high crit rate critting for up into the thousands, which is a result of a combination of fireflies, tactics specced berserker stance (which more people are viewing as a requirment) and getting the most crit rate bonus from dex than any weapon.

I dunno what they are thinking about but personally i think they should separate melee and ranged critical hit damage into 2 seperate stats for future balancing purposes

7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Because he got one-shot'd during the PvP event in Dragomir Mori and now he believes that bows need a nerf. The problem is that he was wearing basic armor (pirate suit with no boots from the COTO store) and he was using no buffs.

8. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

I think it’s the 1800 pt aimed shots posted in this thread but I’m sure him getting one shot 7 or 8 times didn’t help lol.

9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

And now we all must be punished as a result of the Xen Penetrator and Envy Bow.

10. xadoor

xadoor Avatar

Envy Bow yes...but not enough people have the Xen bow yet. Once the hoard start getting it THEN it'll get nerfed. As long as its only a few its fine.

11. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

It only took one person to pwn Chris and convince him to nerf ranged.

[edit] FYI, in his livestream yesterday, he said that ranged was getting a nerf.

12. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Maybe that's why the polearms and sword peeps have it better. They don't go around one-shotting Atos. I mean, somebody got a 3k Coup De Grace against Torc this release, and nobody's throwing a tantrum about that...

13. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Honestly be never played a game with worse ballance issues. Heck I’d bet if you took all of them and combined them this would still be the worst. But I guess there are enough things I like about this game to make it worth spending my time in.

14. DukeUconn

DukeUconn Avatar

Does the phrase "Whiny little schoolgirl" come to mind?
    uhmmm....I am refering to a certain person who got kilt by an arrow.....

Brass Knuckles likes this.
  15. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Thankfully I don't get items for their abilities, just want one of them all

16. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Ehh I’ve been called a lot of things but that’s a first ;)

17. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Hey! Who you callin' little!?

18. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

What in the actual F.... *SMDH* So this is now a completely negative bow... there are absolutely ZERO positive qualities to it. Half the damage, 20% less range, AND aggro boost? *SMDH more*

What about this makes it even worthy of being called an artifact then?

19. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

No, the parry is 4-11, damage is 7-22.

Weins201 likes this.
  20. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Unless it has changed again since last night, anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.