Cablist Hoods and Sieges

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jmcclain, Mar 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Did he ever say why? This is a change that should never have happened if they where being "farmed" then you deal with the farmer not the land, The loot and sieges have nt changed since inception doing it now is just PPP. (or total lack of)

2. Katu

Katu Avatar

It sucks that I can do siege alone and it takes 20-30mins and they have to nerf it because of some running same stuff in 5.
    Instead of giving high levels something better to run, they ruin the game for everyone. Not running sieges anymore.

Ports design goal is to suck all the fun away from the game. They don't want us to grind ( attenuation), they don't want us to have riches ( loot is balls), they don't want crafters to craft ( randoms randoms).
    They want us to buy houses and dungeons.

They gave us double xp and now forces us to quit playing every 30mins.

3. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

Lol! It goes beyond that... they have that attenuated too, because they have no clue how to plan for progression! Other games have a level window, making it so that if something is x levels below you, you get less (or NO) xp and loot. Shroud leaves the spigot on full until you have looted a certain amount, and then the font runs dry!

Cordelayne and Katu like this.
  4. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Pretty damn perceptive, @Katu
    Ya' kinda' hit the old nail on the head......... ;)

Cordelayne likes this.
  5. Dreadwhisper

Dreadwhisper Avatar

Sieges were one of the few things I enjoyed doing by myself. I didn't HAVE to group in order to grind exp and get gear. Now, it's losing it luster. I've been slowing down playing because of the change. =(

6. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

This is inaccurate and is schedualed to be fixed

Xp attenuation is a good thing

Never experienced any loot attenuation im aware of, but sounds more desireable that turning loot off completely when “outleveling” content, since you arent required to be a certain level to do anything and can deck yourself out to do whatever you wanna start doing in game at like lvl 80

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
  7. Katu

Katu Avatar

Yeah, 2 years after release and how long has crafting been in game? Its not inaccurate as of now. Its still reality. They designed it that way. Someone there thought that THIS is great crafting system.

Edit: bugs are fixed. This works as it is supposed to work.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
  8. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Theres a reason for that. I dont think anyone that works there thinks its a great crafting system.

I woulda preferred the upcomming and recent changes to have been sooner but better late than never

9. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

Agreed.

You would think chopping large trees with a GM character would be a lot more fruitful than killing a tiny guy carrying all that wood around.

Jaesun likes this.
  10. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

The problem as I see it is that you've put the absolutely must-have best-in-slot only viable mage helmet-slot item (by a large margin) into a rare siege drop. If you could get 20 int on a crafted headpiece, then the dolus hood would be an interesting novelty or option but not the end-all only thing.

The rareness was tolerated (I'm over 500 Dolus kills, never seen his hood, I was given one out of pity by another player) when at least doing the siege was a somewhat lucrative use of your time. Then the daily quest got nerfed. Ok, well at least you still got wood. Now the wood's been nerfed.

This pattern sadly is indicative of most of the game. Get it early, get it while you can, before it either becomes super rare or super pointless.

I reiterate that cabalists should just drop a few scraps, like 2-5, of evil glowing cloth or something and after you get a couple hundred you craft yourself a hood. Enough of this slot machine crap. It benefits no one but the 1%ers. If its got a 1% drop rate, then make it use 100 things that drop every time. Amounts to the same kills but is based on dedication rather than dumb luck. Better system.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.