SotAwiki Update Thread

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by Browncoat Jayson, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

It's my home, and images in discord work just fine for me via discord. Interestingly enough, if I right click on it, I can pull up the image. I never realized it was a link before, because it just looks like plain text. Be nice if it could fit inline like most images. Hm.. and after doing the right click to view, now it shows up inline... ??

2. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

3. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Added the Trident to the wiki. Will confirm/add other locations that have the various recipes and items needed for this. That just takes a while to 100% to confirm......

4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

oh good reminder. i'll add the xenos ones, that's where i got mine

Browncoat Jayson and Jaesun like this.
  5. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

I got a meteoric trident head recipe from a yellow supply bundle. I'll get the full details on the recipe itself in a bit.

Jaesun and Browncoat Jayson like this.
  6. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Browncoat Jayson likes this.
  7. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

This reminds me that I havn't done a vendor pass in Central Brit since the backer NPCs went in. I'll try to do a pass to make sure all of the names are correct.

FrostII and Jaesun like this.
  8. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I added an entry for the Lich Essence, just so people have a basic idea of what it will be used for.

We can add the recipe that uses this when it goes in.

9. Browncoat Jayson

I added the information to that page.

Screenshots are fine, but if there is official art we should use that when we can.

The test template has been updated to pull information from queries, and I'm testing it out on the Elder Wolf page. It would be helpful to add some values in the min/max hit points, damage, gold, and loot columns on the various location pages.

Mishikal and Jaesun like this.
  10. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

A wolf will always have a zero value for gold. ;) So will bears, spiders, etc. I.e., anything that gets skinned.

11. Browncoat Jayson

I'm aware. The query is not. There is not a good way to distinguish between "we don't have this data" and "this will always be zero" without editing each table.

I'll do a pass to add zero gold to creatures when I start adding hit point values

Jaesun and Mishikal like this.
  12. Browncoat Jayson

The new Creature infobox is now in place. I did a pass to add zero gold to animals (I may have missed some), so that part should help. Before I swapped out, i also went through all of the creature pages to add the Query Creature code and, if were any loot noted, make sure those are listed in the various location pages.

Cleaning up the various creature pages will be a process, but at least this is a start. Let me know if you notice any issues with this change.

13. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

@Browncoat Jayson is there a way to query for what mobs drop an item?

For example, the mages in the Rise drop the recipes for the various elven furniture sets. It would be nice to be able to see that from the recipe page, so people could find out where it drops.

http://sotawiki.net/sota/The_Rise#Bestiary

14. Alley Oop

these sorts of drops are based on the type and level of the mob, not actually location specific. so those recipes drop in the rise, but also in crag foothills, not because they were flagged for those locations, but because that's where elves of sufficiently high levels are (and because mages tend to drop recipes in general.)

15. Browncoat Jayson

I've been working on getting this working, but there is a bug in it I can't track down yet.

Basically, the item needs to be on the {{Creaturebox}} drop list in a scene. I see that you've added the recipes to the Elven Mage in the Rise, so that's working.

Next, the creature's page itself needs to have a page, and the {{query creature}} template needs to be on here. This template is on the Elven Mage, so it shows the loot from the Rise now. (I did just change it to show more scenes, as it was on "further results" which seems to break this process.)

Finally, you can add {{query loot}} to the item page. I just put this on the Recipe: Elven Bed, and it shows that it drops from Elven Mages. Note that this query is fairly limited at the moment, so it ONLY gets the mob name, not the scene (or anything else). I'll iterate that a bit later.

16. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Sure, I wasn't saying they were exclusive to the rise. And it's exactly because they can drop in multiple scenes that this sort of functionality will be of use for. :)

Alley Oop likes this.
  17. Browncoat Jayson

I finished a pass through the crafted variations of items so they are in the correct format. That should get rid if all the red links in the Variations lists. Let me know if you see any that are still broken.

Now, that doesn't mean all variations are present, or that the ones that are there are correct. That will be a bigger process.

18. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Could you give one example that is using the new format?

19. Browncoat Jayson

Jaesun likes this.
  20. Alley Oop