Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Fixed] Pitchforks Now Red In Inventory

Discussion in 'Items & Inventory' started by Traveller13, Mar 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

I had 11 pitchforks in my house decoration chest. Since they are now equipment, I decided to pull them out of the chest and move them to an equipment chest. I grabbed one and moved it to my inventory (forgot the multi-select key). It is now red, along with the 10 in the chest. I can't even destroy it. I forget if all were red in the chest. Is someone able to verify?

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

i had a stack of 36 in a small bag. i control-dragged one off and into my inventory. both the individual one and the remaining stack turned red. i exited ot menu and returned and i have none in my inventory. bag has a white stack of 36.

3. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

I had the same, 10 white in the chest, 1 red in the inventory. The one in the inventory disappeared when I closed the Inventory screen. I then had 11 whites in the chest.

I then moved all 11 to my inventory. One red in my inventory and 11 white in the inventory. I moved those 11 to one of my equipment chests. The red pitchfork remains in the inventory, even after closing. ..... Logging caused it to disappear. Eleven white pitchforks in my equipment chest, none of any color in my inventory.

4. Lord Subtleton

Lord Subtleton Developer Emeritus

I would like to get some more information here to ovoid delays in processing this ticket. Are we thinking this issue is specific to pitchforks? Or can this same bug be reproduced with other items. Wondering what might be special about pitchforks.

Jaesun likes this.
  5. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

they were just changed this release from deco objects, which stack, to weapons, which don't.

6. Kelly O'Shay

Kelly O'Shay Avatar

I have a friend who has a stack of several POT "home merchants". He said he was allowed to stack them a few months ago. He went to deploy one to the town and it wouldnt let him unstack one. Now the town is without a home merchant until the stacked home merchants can be unstacked. He said the stack went red when he tried to unstack it. I am not sure if one came off and went red or not.

I would say that probably any item that is not supposed to be stackable but is already stacked is borked in the same way.

he is governor of
    Area: POT_desert_metropolis_01b_template/Virtue Oasis
    Area Display Name: Virtue Oasis
    Loc: (136.3, 38.0, 192.4)

7. Lord Subtleton

Ok, created an issue #64139 about stacks of pitchforks and player vendors.

8. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

I just tried to drag the one I had in inv from a salvage box and now I can not get them out ot my inventory they turn red andloggin out and in leave the original stack in my INV

Night1Candi likes this.
  9. wizardsmoke

wizardsmoke Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

This is now fixed. Thanks for the report! :)

10. Night1Candi

Night1Candi Avatar

My issue is not about merchants, but I was at Weins place and picked up a whole bunch of alchemy supplies out of a shared chest but could not put it all back in on my own (and we had to trade and have him put it all back himself).
    We are also worried that some items may have poofed (phoenix talons in the hundreds quantity which are difficult acquisitions). I logged off for some time, logged on, and even putting 1 item (on its own: singular item) into a shared chest was still red lining and not going in. What is wrong with my character/items? Relogging does not help anything.

11. Lord Subtleton

Thanks for the post. This thread is about specific items (pitch forks and player-vendors) that were not able to be unstacked. Sounds like you have a different issue. It would be most helpful to hear more details about what problem you encountered.

Jaesun likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.