Death Bunnies, Lore? Individuality - Rarity - Special ?

Discussion in 'Quests & Lore' started by Weins201, Mar 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

If this is so easy to do - [​IMG]

And these are the First and Second year Bunnies - [​IMG]

And these bunnies are being touted as the First Seasonal Spawn Critters, why do we not take some stes to actually Honor them each with with a little individuality?[​IMG]

All I did was Color Swap in Photoshop of the older photo.

Sorry but - seriously - why not?

Cordelayne likes this.
  2. Lazarus Long

Lazarus Long Avatar

Lore = Monty Python

Bunny is WHITE.

Always has been. Always will be

That's the JOKE.

A cute white fluffy cuddly bunny that'll eat you alive.

How much more explaining do you need on this one?
    [​IMG]

3. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Well do not know if the whole reply is a joke but you, as much anyone, should appreciate that things are rare, and or have / maintain some significance.

If you just get the exact same thing every year then 5 years from now a Mounted death bunny head gotten in 2020 will not be distinguishable from one gotten in 2017.

So when you say soothing like " we celebrate the first seasonal spawning "Boss"" . . . if holds very little meaning if the item representing it are just redone and added too every year. BTW the first year there was no extra loot just the head, sooooo.

So since you want to be soo picky if you actully read in to the point of the issue. Sure leave the Bunny white, all I did was show how easy it would be to change something like the hue. Which is what they did to reward all of us with Elemental Pixel crack for supporting them.

Make no difference you could change the color of the wood, change the Plaque,, ANYTHING.

But again I know I am just spinning my wheels what do I know about creating a good game and keeping your community happy.

4. Lazarus Long

Lazarus Long Avatar

The Death Bunny is a JOKE.
    What part of that don't you get?

Taken and ripped direct from Monty Python.
    It has nothing to do with shroud lore as I see it and never has.

Mishikal, Drilikath and Jaesun like this.
  5. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

I did not say "Shroud Lore" but is a part of this Game's lore. If you are going to "Honor" (acknowledge) it as the First Seasonal Boos one would think that they would actually HONOR it and not just redo it every year with added Pixel Crack.

6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

There are no other creatures in this game that drop unique (as in changes every year) rares. I don't know why you would think the Arch Lapin should be any different.

7. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

sorry but what are you talking about, Pumpkin Head, Krampus, now Envy?

Seriously

I know you all are just trying to make me look like an idiot and beat me down, but the sad thing is I have clearly explained myself and the actual Item in question which is the mounted Head.

If players except that the head will be the same every year that is your choice, but I can ask and fight to have it actually acknowledged as a "special" item.

Any work / effort to change it is pathetically simple to do, they did it with the elementals, and MANY other items that are called "Rewards / Rares"

It is just really sad that their FIRST Seasonal Spawn that gave a Trophy is not respected as a special item. Especially when as the it was the entire topic of a WeeklyLive Stream, Celebrating the Arch Lapin.

it is OK as usual I am done at this time working this issue.

It is clear the Sycophants except the mediocrity.

Enjoy

Fiero Steele and majoria70 like this.
  8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Which is a loot drop. The problem I have with it is that if they changed it every year (which they thankfully don't do for any item that can be obtained through normal game-play) then that would exclude newer people from ever getting the original.

Mishikal, Drilikath and Jaesun like this.
  9. Lazarus Long

Lazarus Long Avatar

So then under this guise.

You will expect the Envy Angels Bow to change from year to year?

Krampus' Birch Branch? Should that now be different EVERY YEAR?

Do you really understand what it is your comparing?

Elemental s that are different colors for rewards is one thing.

Different colored death bunny heads is like asking for Santa to wear a different color suit every year.

It just don't make sense.

10. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I agree with @Weins201 on this. Little details do matter. Why is that so difficult to comprehend?

Even bigger details matter. I was quite upset to not get a good response during the livestream regarding ability to sell and trade those little bags of goods on our vendors and to each other. I feel that is an extremely important detail which causes us to miss out on so much individuality and creativity. Remember bags of colored furniture?. Remember bags of special armor? True it will take some coding where this doesn't. I want this done but will it be not if the devs don't see the true importance of it? Well I am mentioning it again and probably again and showing one day soon.

So I hear you @weins. Say it, say it loud, say it clear, oops Mike and the mechanics song just came in my mind. Anyway All re-colored stuff is fine I guess but see it for what it is well or not. This year's death bunny would benefit from looking a bit different imo too. Easy peasy.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
    Weins201 and Fiero Steele like this.
  11. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

What is utterly pathetic in NOT changing them every year is that it would take 5 second to open the design and rehue a part or piece exactly like they did with the Elemntals.

The resistance against this is just amazing. .

You can stop I know you do not think it is worth it, got it.

Your refernce is SOOOO of base it is not even funny, Sant could wear the Exact same outfit IN RED every year however tilt his hat left one year make the buckle on the boots round and not square the next. As I said leave the bunny White if you are so offended by changing the core color but change the wood background, add a small plaque does not even have to say anything but change the color.

You are clearly trolling the post to try and get me to go overboard on a reply. It does not matter what I say, If I said just change the color of the Boarder on the edge of the plaque, you would find some way to point out how it makes no sense. My logic is sound, yours is just combative and you keep twisting my concept to suit your attack. I said in the very begining how simple something as small as changing the color of the grain on the wood would work to give identity.

something that take so little effort would go a L L O O N N G G way to show you are actually working to maintain a GOOD game and truly honor things like "The Arch Lapin, our first ever Seasonal Spawn . . . . "

12. Drilikath

Drilikath Avatar

@Weins201

I was going to waste my time and explain words, but the bottom line is you do not care about why it is not changing, all you care about is YOU want something. stop trying to get exclusive stuff that you can claim as yours. The death bunny, dragons, aether dragon, all have heads, and then we WAIT. Aether dragon should spawn with a different head with all the logic you want to put out with the death bunny. It does not work. You can complain call everyone else on here garbage and terrible names and call them the toxic ones but really you are being way over board on this.

Mishikal and Beaumaris like this.
  13. Drilikath

Drilikath Avatar

Special Loot off of ONE seasonal monster, sets the tone for ALL of them to have special loot per year. Not a seasonal thing then it would be "New" every year. New players would never get item xyz because players want to charge 750k for a dragon head that will be back in a few months. same thing happens with the death bunny head, just lets you jack the price and make it rare. Not cool.

Spungwa likes this.
  14. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Again there is a HUGE diff between somthign like a Dragon Head, sure if Aethereal one spawn again Next year they should be diff.

To each and every one of you who want to tell me I am asking because I am being selfish and want a "special item" for myself you have no idea who you are talking about.

This is very simple, you have an item that you introduce each and every year, on Holidays or any other occasion you hold "special" ifeach year they are the same thing EXACTLY, they are NOT special.

Changing somthign as simple as the boarder around the wood would notchange your precious bunny head in ANY way BUT it would at least make each year special.

If you excuse is that a new player can not get what was in the game a year ago then you are exactly right, that is how items become and are special.

If oyu are a person who plays the game for a profit then sure this could beifit you but as a player who wants the game to actually succeed, and maintain any semblance of progress. Just reintroducing an item every year with zero change is not special.

The development team is soo proud of their very first seasonal spawn that they do nothing to make it special in any way. That is weak.

If players want to try and make a profit go for it, if they want to actually have a collection of a head from each year go for it. Your argument holds zero water. especially since I am not asking to make gold or $ out of it. from your POV if youi want a bunny head holler at me I can get you 50 and you can call them 2017 - 2067 year heads, it does not matter.

You doo now that player that farm the "special" loot already take full advantage and for thefirtst week or two sell them for exoberhant prices

Go ask around see if I would try and profit like that, go ask, if you find that player agree, that I am doing this for $$ then I will ack it. Remember I am saying sure it may be used for it but that is in no way my motivation.

I am motivated by making a game that actually holds Rare / Special items special, not just a run of the mill crap you can get every year. Why did the Darkstar Clock ower get reversed colors this year, what is the reason. BECAUSE PORT NEEDS TO MAKE MONEY AND IF THERE IS NOT CHANGE IT IS NOT SPECIAl.

SO STOP TRYING TO MAKE OUT SOMTHGN THAT IS DRIVEN NOT BY GREED, INTO IT.

To everyone trying to validate an opposition to my idea with greed, or trying to twist the idea into something it is not, stop think, get supporting evidence, and then come try.

You can change something so small it would not change the Head, or the Trophy part but at least give originality, it is simple 5 seconds.

If you cannot accept that just say I do not agree, you can support your thoughts any way you want but you can not use, new players will not get them, or compare to other trophies.

Why do fish trophies have dates and diff lengths? For the two arguments trying to use that they sould stay the same, explain that. (actually Long do not bother you already tried)

I will actively debate logical arguments, but when countered, you cannot just try and twist words to reattack. if I defeat your logic you have failed and you have no grounds to stand on, that is how a debate works. Not attacking char or grounds, but the topic at hand.

My logic is sound, and very simple.

Now go call all your friends and get them to attack me, be smart and if you are beaten with logic accept it.

Devs are prob laughing their buts off since you are trying to bet me down.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
  15. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

I disagree with the opening post.

The fact that the death bunny is white only is what makes it rare.

Start reproducing a different version of it each year and all we have then is a series of multi-colored rabbits tied to years nobody will care about later.

Multiple iterations of something just for the sake of appeasing someone's need for more loot is not the key to rarity.

Maintaining something that is singularly special as just that - special - is.

16. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Utterly amazing another person who thinks this is so there can be money made - LMAO Clearly stated I do no care about "making a profit" but go ahead, ant to just call it loot go ahead, I do not care about that I have so many heads it is irrelevant, but there is zero reason to go get more since new ones are not new in any way shape or form.

Also blatant contradiction in terms - How can something "that is singularly special as just that" be special if every year it just comes out again

ROFL

One is a false accusation the other actually defeats itself.

Soo, both of your concepts are now defeated, have a nice day

Oh and since everyone seems to care so much about the bunny being White, A G A I N change some of the wood grains, add a small plaque that can be changed every year, does not even have to say anything just the design . . . .

17. Drilikath

Drilikath Avatar

The bunny is not "Special", Krampus, not special, aether, not special, SEASONAL CONTENT IS NOT SPECIAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe that SPECIAL TERM needs removed from your vocabulary, SEASONAL content is just that. NOT SPECIAL Just a rotating content that can be grabbed if you missed it last year.

Jaesun and Mishikal like this.
  18. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

*facepalm*

Jaesun likes this.
  19. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

really if not "special" why was it treated like this . . .https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?p=105212#more-105212
    Spring is in the air and brings with it the smell of death! The smell of Death Bunny that is! This week we are going to show off the return of the dreaded Arch Lapin! Rumors abound of the return of this nasty foul creature who can only be slain by the fabled Sacred Orb of Obliteration. The Arch Lapin was our first seasonal boss and was inspired by the Monty Python “death bunny”. This year we have added two new loot items to this side quest: Confection Bunnies and Confection Eggs!

so call it whatever you want as I said you are one of those who is going to try and twist my words into anything you want to try and "attack" me.

Call it Seasonal I do not care. the words are actually interchangeable in that regard. Sure it does say the return but again keep your precious bunny add a plaque . . .

If all it was a grab for something that someone missed then why This year we have added two new loot items to this side quest: Confection Bunnies and Confection Eggs!

Again you can all have your "white" Bunny, if the White one is soo "Special" to you, however to those that actually enjoy simply gathering "Special" items just having them show up every year in the exact same form is not Special.

Why did anyone want to have Trophy data on a fish, they are not "special" / why is there a need to make a Clock Tower with opposite colors, if I missed it last year why not get it this year.

Sorry but your logic is not only flawed it is completely destroyed by the actual actions of the Dev Team.

To the Dev Team stop just remaking old items with diff colors, you are making it impossible for a new players to get an item everyone else already has gotten.

That is your mindset. BTW that is not twisting your words, that is literally what you, and few others have, said. How does it fell to have your intent twisted, LMAO

Sooo, try again.

What word are we going to focus on next?

20. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

People tried to explain to you, in much more resonable ways than i would ever be able to, what the background of the bunny is.
    That you DO NOT WANT to accept this won't make it wrong nor will it change it.
    Either deal with it or keep on ranting. The choice is yours.

Jaesun and Mishikal like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.