Tier 6 lich totems

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brass Knuckles, Apr 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

I don't see why it can't be both. Obv port is to blame for the existence of the bug, but the fact that this was a bug could not have been more clear. When someone crafts an item and a completely different item pops out, there is 0 chance that person is under the impression that this is working as intended. A player is absolutely to blame if, knowing that this isn't working as intended, decides to keep producing more of the wrong item, which happens to be very valuable, and then attempts to sell them to other players without informing them of the risk. It's even worse if the player already knows that the ill-gotten item will be reverted into something else much less valuable and is still continuing to attempt to scam other players.

Imo the most important thing to consider when deciding what action to take is what effect it will have when future bugs/exploits inevitably happen. If people are allowed to just free roll, then some people are just going to exploit as much as possible whenever the opportunity presents itself, because there is no risk for doing so.

Amelli, Mhtic, Redhammer and 3 others like this.
  2. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

Unfortunately, the sellers took advantage of somethingng that ws clearly bugged. If you joined together Kobold essenses and got a Lich totem, why would you think anything else. Common sense clearly says something is wrong!! If you then take advantage of that, ban the peole who sold them, which I'm sure they can track. If the money can be tracked back from the sellers, take th money back and give it the other folks. Unfortunately I remember this happening before, but not the exact circumstances, where large amount of money changed hands and it couldn't all be traced or recovered. In the end not much was done, at least publicly.

Minerva, Lazlo and Brass Knuckles like this.
  3. Senash Kasigal

Senash Kasigal Avatar

This is a very disappointing topic for me.
    A guildmate found this bug only a few hours after the release.
    I was about to go to bed when I was notified. I turned my PC on again and we checked the Totem.
    After verification we informed 3 DEVs during the still running livestream from Chris. No response.
    On friday @Alley Oop reported the bug in the bug forum. Until now, the outcome from the recipe isnt correct.
    No, its not a Lich Lvl 6 Totem anymore, but a Kobold Lvl 2 Totem instead of a Lvl 1 Totem.
    Thats the next Totem they have to replace.

But what buggers me most is, that at least one well known community member tried or sold the Lvl 6 Lich Totems for 2.4 Mio although he knows that he produced a bug item that will be most likely replaced.
    I made yesterday a snapshot. Set for sale last friday. Today not in the vendor anymore.
    Probably one avatars greed overcome his attention. Lich Essences are easy going for 200-300gp = thats at least 20 Mio. for one Lvl 6 Lich Totem.

4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

what buggers ME most is that when you mentioned the change in wrong result from L6 lich to L2 kobold, subtleton told you to re-report it rather than actually acting on it or responding to the content. YOU ARE TOO SMALL A TEAM TO BE THAT MIRED IN BUREAUCRACY.

5. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Interesting people were saying last night that t2 kobald totem was intentional there would be no t1 totem. @Chris can you clarify please.

Seamed hard for me to imagine them fixing the t6 lich into a t2 kobald and it be another bug.

Mhtic and Redhammer like this.
  6. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

You might have to wait for the next stream for this...

Brass Knuckles likes this.
  7. Admiralloyd

Admiralloyd Avatar

This totem i bought in CF from Mac, i whisper him about lich totem, how much HP they have but no one ansver, then i bought this. And i not see any messages before about "not buy this is bug!"
    This player decided to make a profit on the bug and he made it.
    It's not my mistake this is human greed from seller.
    Why make bug item then try to sell? only with greed

8. Senash Kasigal

Senash Kasigal Avatar

It is the same recipe that is still wrong.

Recipe: Kobold Lvl 1 Totem
    Results
    Release = Lich lvl 6
    639 = Lich Lvl 6
    640 = Kobold Lvl 2

Mhtic likes this.
  9. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

I think there were several that were sold some for PayPal $$. I don’t blame anyone except lack of real testing. You should not be punished in any way imop and that includes loss of said totem.

10. Admiralloyd

Admiralloyd Avatar

This is ridiculous, since the player knew that he created the item with a bug and did not receive it using a real recipe.
    In any game. The player who uses and distributes items get from bug. Get punishment until the characters are completely blocked.
    If he simply reported an error, then only that he will not be able to use this bug for personal gain will suffer.

11. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

I think that producing one and discovering the bug once is ok. But then exploiting continuous then falls under the policy of exploiting the system which is a big no no. If anything the person duplicate the exploit for profit should be the one paying the price. just my thoughts on this. Given that this is a MMO and we have Devs it would not take them long to see these transactions take the totems out of play and see who paid for them repay them back and refund the essence. If the money is already spent by the exploiter then follow through with the policy strict rules and ban them.

Mhtic, Lazlo and Jaesun like this.
  12. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Though I do agree with you I still think this one is mostly at portals feet.

13. Admiralloyd

Admiralloyd Avatar

Just if we assume that the error is only that it is a developer error. It turns out the next time, for example, the player finds a bug and starts using it for personal gain. So it turns out, too, will not block? And this is a chain. in my opinion these people need to be punished. If they know that this error (and here is an obvious error) then it should be banned!

Mhtic likes this.
  14. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

The problem is you can only enforce this vrs the people who put these on a vendor, how do you make it fair to those who sold via rmt or traded with out the use of a vendor.

It’s a move on and don’t punish anyone solution that’s the most fair here. For the record I made exactly 1 lich totem and did not sell or trade it.

I did offer to buy @Alley Oop if she was stuck with it.

15. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

In a game heavy on RMT anyone found exploiting a bug especially for monetary profit should be perma banned, no argument, else it puts the whole design structure of the game and its emphasis on items with both an in game and out game value in jeopardy. Im not for RMT but really when out of game monies can be gained from in game play there needs to be zero exploits like this and if there is...then they should be banned. Its not like its an honest mistake...make an item..get a MUCH better different item, put that item on vendor for millions of gold/ sell by paypal. No excuse of it was an error or overlooked etc, plainly an exploit with attempted profiteering.

Buyers should be reimbursed and the item deleted. When the item was sold for millions of gold, getting a T2 Kobold totem for no fault of their own is a quitting moment for many im sure. I doubt they will ban the exploiters(which is a bad move) but the buyers should be reimbursed from the sellers wallet even if it means them going negative balance, is the least that should happen.

No ^^ i didn't buy one but was offered one, if id had the gold i likely would of, and personally if id been duped like that and then find out im short of XX million gold but the seller gets away with a 'You naughty boy' comment then it would certainly not discourage me to play that kinda game...as...get away with it...rich!!..get caught...'oh well'

Humbert_Humbert, Mhtic, Lazlo and 2 others like this.
  16. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

Auction off all the banned players estate to repay those that followed the policy rules of all transactions of real currency to be done through the forums thus tracked. If they didnt follow that then they are at a loss lesson learned. The rest could be repaid through estate sale. Should someone be using a alt account to exploit track the origin and or IP of the account to match with the owner and ban them all / liquidate. :)

Mhtic, Jaesun and Brass Knuckles like this.
  17. Admiralloyd

Admiralloyd Avatar

Who bought this totem did not receive any profit. There is no drop in dungeon yet and it was a purchase for the future if they give a good dungeon created by a player.

18. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

The tier 2 totem is a diffrent issue imop, the scuttle butt was there would be no t1 totem and it was intentional that they are starting there. I’m guessing that may not be correct now though.

19. Fiero Steele

Fiero Steele Avatar

Know where there is one for 1 million on a vendor, told Bow about it but was too rich for me and him. BTW, still available on that particular vendor :)

20. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Novia market has 1 for 2.4 mill ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.