Solutions to Puzzles & Treasure Hunts (Spoilers!)

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by Rinaldi, Sep 5, 2016.

1. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

Zone: Sunless Barrens
    Spoiler: Solution to the Monolith/Door Puzzle

The door is located at location 311.9, 54.5, -237.3. The door has plaques on it that give you the clues to open the door. Hover your mouse over the plaques, to find the following clues:
    A wise man in his final days
    proclaimed with heated passion,
    that the world would drift aimlessly
    without the biting of the gadfly
    The clues on the door indicate the order in which you have to activate the monoliths:

"A wise man in his final days" - a person in the final days is close to death.
    "proclaimed with heated passion" - heated passion refers to
    fire.
    "that the world would drift aimlessly" - drifting (such as adrift on the ocean) refers to water.
    "without the biting of the gadfly" - a gadfly is an insect that flies in the air, so this refers to
    air.
    [​IMG]

The monolith locations below are listed in the order in which you have to activate them.
    Click on the monolith to activate it (when activated a light will continuously stream from the monolith and into the sky).
    If you are not activating the monoliths in the correct order, they will not stay activated.
    Once you have activated all 4 monoliths in the correct order, the door shown above will open and you can claim the treasure (which is typical chest loot). However, if you wait too long after activating the 4 monoliths, the puzzle will reset and the door will close (so go to the door immediately after you activate the monoliths).

Death Monolith - located on the hill in the sulfer stained area (location -242.3, 92.2, -304.7)

[​IMG]
    Fire Monolith - located in the lava fileds (location -265.5, 40.8, 131.6)
    [​IMG]
    Water Monolith - located on an island just off shore (location 218.1, 4.1, 386.4)
    [​IMG]
    Air Monolith - located at the top of the wooden tower (location 120.0, 63.5, 80.6). The solution to get to the top of the wooden tower is similar to the solution posted here.
    [​IMG]

Activate the monoliths in the order shown below, then go to the door.

[​IMG]

@Senjut, @Daxxe Diggler, @Cora Cuz'avich, @Rentier - in regards to your posts above, here is the solution :D. I took these screenshots a long time ago, but forgot to post them here.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
    ConjurerDragon, Numa, Senjut and 6 others like this.
  2. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

Keep up the great work sir! an indispensable resource.

3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Q: The more you take, the more you leave behind. What am I?
    A: Footsteps

Rinaldi and Rentier like this.
  4. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Has anyone figured out how to get the blessing of acquisition (+50% learn rate for skills) in the lost vale?

Mac2 likes this.
  5. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Yep, you need to complete all 3 rooms for the fragments then turn that into the child for the memory fragment then below the child is a barrier you can now open for it, and its on the hill past that barrier.

Got a video for this now.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
  6. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

For me, the earth orb was:
    First get to the tunnels that connect with the photographer station. It is on the floor in the dead end where the large brown spider is with 2 medium onyx crystals and 3 stalagmite looking columns in the middle, look in the back on the floor, its easy to miss

Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
  7. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

I think the earth one can be in a couple places, and sometimes is not spawned at all.

vulcanjedi and OzzyOsbourne like this.
  8. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

If I recall correctly, that one travels in a circular pattern around the zone, so when you catch it... it will depend on where you are in it's rotation.

9. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

Spoiler: how to open the Puzzle Box

The Puzzle Box is a reward that was given to certain pledge levels during early access.
    The Puzzle box was available as decoration for years, but finally became functional with Release 57 in August 2018.
    Solving the puzzle requires the avatar to guess the correct 4-rune combination.
    Solving the puzzle box allows the avatar to obtain the reward inside (which is usually something minor such as a gem or a chunk of coal, although occasionally I have gotten a gem and gold pieces at the same time).
    The reward inside the puzzle box re-spawns every 24 hours.

When you click on the puzzle box, the chat log will indicate if the puzzle box is empty or not:
    • "The box (puzzle box) feels empty" = the puzzle box is empty (the reward inside has not re-spawned yet)
    • "The box (puzzle box) feels heavier than normal" = there is a reward inside!

When you click on the Puzzle box, the interface opens, showing you a 4-position combination lock. Clicking the arrow above or below a slot will change the rune that appears in that slot.
    When you make an "attempt" at the correct combination of runes, the strip of paper (to the left of the box) displays your combination attempt followed by
    a 2 x 2 grid of dots. This "feedback grid" will contain white dots, black dots, and/or blanks.
    [​IMG]

How to Interpret the Feedback Grid
    • White dot = correct rune, wrong position (a rune in your attempt is part of the solution, but it is located in the wrong position).
    • Black dot = correct rune, correct position (a rune in your attempt is part of the solution, and it is in the correct position).
    • Blank = incorrect rune (a rune in your attempt is not part of the solution).
    In the example below, there is one black dot, one white dot, and 2 blanks. Therefore, 2 of the runes in this attempt are part of the solution (one is in the correct position & one in the wrong position) and 2 runes are not part of the solution.
    [​IMG]
    Using the feedback, you have to guess the correct combination. To solve the puzzle, you can use trial and error, or you can use the more systematic methods described in Spoon's post.
    If you solve the puzzle within 10 attempts, you can click the "Open" button and the reward inside the box gets deposited in your inventory (you can also see which reward you get in the chat logs).
    If you do not solve the puzzle within 10 attempts, the puzzle resets and the solution changes.

Here is an example of a solution:

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 4, 2020
    Numa, Cordelayne, Floors and 2 others like this.
  10. jacksweather

jacksweather Avatar

So, I was in the Verdantis Mines for the Armor of Courage quest when I noticed a rope going up to rooms hanging from the ceiling. The rope is on the big bridge going to the elven village from The Rise entrance. I went up and explored but there were other rooms hanging that I couldn't get to. Another rope led to them, but I couldn't click on it like the previous rope. I thought maybe there was some type of bug not allowing me to click the rope. This rope was a little different though, instead of heading up to rooms it was connected two hanging rooms. In a last desperate attempt to get over to the other side, I decided I'd try jumping on the rope, certain I'd fall through and go splat long below. To my surprise though, I jumped right on the rope and you could tightrope walk right over to the other side. There might have been one unexciting treasure chest on the other side, nothing great, but it was kinda surprising that was the needed mechanic to get to those rooms.

11. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

Verdantis Mines
    (spoiler with lots of pics)
    - key loc to treasure chest rooms (-58,9 -8,6 91,8)
    remark: the key is also dropable loot from undead around the chest rooms
    BEWARE The key breaks on opening chest rooms (for me 100% of the time)

coming in head to the right tracks leading S
    [​IMG] - way down to the lava pit
    [​IMG]
    BEWARE lots of fire elementals on the way
    [​IMG]
    - walk over the fallen stone pillar
    [​IMG]
    then the wooden way (beware one is breakable (falling down into lava will kill you slowly)
    [​IMG] and go and again over another fallen pillar (don't forget to jump)
    [​IMG]
    then upwards
    [​IMG]
    to the broken base tower
    [​IMG]
    move up 5 story (only exit there is)
    [​IMG]
    and all the way to the other mirror tower on the other side
    BEWARE lots of broken Wood floors and getting back up is trcky too ;)
    [​IMG]
    all the way down and find the key with one undead spawn
    [​IMG]
    - chestroom 68,9 7,0 44,0
    1 undead enemy spawn
    [​IMG]
    - chestroom 2 21,4 6,8 92,0
    3 spawns (2:1 or 1:2 undead vs elves)
    [​IMG]
    - bridge (the line is a trip trap and the bridge explodes getting you down to the lava way real fast :D)
    [​IMG]

also the key opens some more doors without breaking

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
  12. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

Zone: Starts in Tenebris Harbor
    Spoiler: Getting the Blessing of Elusiveness

This is not really a puzzle, but I wanted to include how to the get all of the blessings in this thread.

In Tenebris Harbor, find Tarian's house at Location -88.5, 31.9, -125.4. Note: Tarian's house does not show up as a point of interest on the compass.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Talk to Tarian & he will give you a quest to defeat twin trolls, to get the toe nails from the trolls, and to bring the toe nails back to him.
    Once you have obtained the quest, go to the mountain pass just south of Sawtooth Thicket (and next to Brightbone pass). The twin troll encounter will appear in the pass between the mountains.

The troll encounter is near the tip of the red arrow on the map below.
    [​IMG]

Defeat both trolls. In the loot, you will get a Left Troll Toe Nail from one troll, and a Right Toe Nail from the other troll.

Now take the toe nails back to Tarian in Tenebris Harbor & give them to Tarian. This will activate a blue aura (it appears over the red pentagram on the floor). If the aura does not appear, then stand on the red pentagram, and the aura will appear. Step into the aura to get the blessing of Elusiveness (+20 combat dodge modifier, - 20 damage avoidance), which lasts 3 days).
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 31, 2023
    Lazlo, Senjut, StarLord and 3 others like this.
  13. Sid

Sid Avatar

I wanted to update the "North Shattered Hills" 3 days buff with a better solution in a single image. The current solution seems to be not only hard to get by but also misleading when it comes to the "Earth Orb" part.
    Hopefully this helps:

[​IMG]

FrostII, Raven Swiftbow and Jaesun like this.
  14. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

it's not misleading. the earth orb has multiple possible spawn spots, as @Mac2 noted up-thread.

15. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Do you have to do this each time?

Rinaldi likes this.
  16. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Yep. Just always get the orbs from the ghosts evry time you finish the room.

Rinaldi likes this.
  17. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Wow, that's a pretty huge requirement to get that blessing.

Jaesun, Mishikal and Rinaldi like this.
  18. Gravidy

Gravidy Avatar

One more....

You will always find me in the past. I can be created in the present, But the future can never taint me. What am I?

History

Rinaldi and Rentier like this.
  19. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

Zone: Bunker T (nested inside Aerie)
    Spoiler: Opening the door with the wheel combination

First, go to the graveyard in Aerie (blue dot on the map below).
    [​IMG]

In the graveyard, find Yngvarr Diggins (the caretaker of the graveyard) and ask him for "help". Then tell him "I'll do my best, but offer no guarantees."
    Yngvarr will give you a key (which is used to open many gates in Bunker T) and he gives you the combination to the wheel-door: TNN. He also says that you can enter Bunker T "through a hole in one of the mausoleums overlooking the graveyard."

[​IMG]

Go to the mausoleum marked by the red arrow on the map above, open its metal door, and climb down the ladder to enter Bunker T.
    [​IMG]

In Bunker T, The first door you see is the wheel-combination door shown below. The orange, grey, and brown arrowheads in the 12 0'clock position above the wheels (in the blue circle below) indicate that the correct combination must be in line with these arrows.
    [​IMG]

The combination to this door is TNN in the English alphabet, but the characters on the wheels are in runic. So, use a cipher (such as this one) to translate the English characters to runic.
    [​IMG]
    Set the combination (by clicking on each wheel: brown, grey, & yellow) to get the runic combination shown below, and then the door will roll open. [note: you have to be very close to the wheels to be able to turn them].
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
  20. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

You should get a SOTA Knighthood for this work.