Tier 6 lich totems

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brass Knuckles, Apr 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

I can't speak for anyone else, but it's a big deal to me because there are a lot of people that are well known and respected members of the community that participated in and/or are defending knowingly pounding an exploit to produce unearned items and then offloading those items onto other players without informing them of what they were actually buying. There's even people that were selling that showed up here to blame it all on the devs without bothering to mention that they were selling.

It's not okay just because people have gotten away with exploits in the past. If anything, that fact that so many people seem to think that cheating is somehow okay is all the more reason that it needs to be demonstrated that it's actually not acceptable, otherwise it will continue forever.

It's also not okay to deceive other players and get them tangled up in these sorts of messes by selling them unearned items without their knowledge. It's still not okay, even if someone intends to refund any player that happens to get hosed, because it's also putting them at risk of being inadvertently punished for something that they had no part in. Not only that, but most people probably don't want to buy items gained via cheating, regardless of whether or not they can get away with it.

I don't want to accuse anyone of anything, because I have no first hand knowledge of what anyone did other than seeing some advertising in chat. One thing I am very confident of though is that you all know that crapping out unearned items and unloading them onto other players is wrong and that this thread would look a whole lot different if the only people that took part in this were people that no one's heard of before.

Cianna, Jason_M, Mhtic and 7 others like this.
  2. Admiralloyd

Admiralloyd Avatar

I will clarify, it is impossible and there is no sense in punishing those who simply created 1 totem and now owns it, it lies in a bank or in his dungeon or elsewhere just for the sake of what it was.
    The player who created and sold this item or simply handed it over (this may be an RMT transaction) must be punished and punished severely. If he wanted to tell that this item was received by a bug, he would have told, and the other player could also get it. But all these totems appeared quite recently and after patch 940 was released. And it was not removed from the game. And they decided to make a fortune on this and now it’s not worth it to say a word in defense of these people

I'm tired of repeating. Need to punish or not need. Please turn on logic and brains. People themselves could DELETE these items. Do we have such a function? If there is one more protection?
    Dear or not respected players did it. Do not focus on this. The player made a misdemeanor and very tough.

Amelli likes this.
  3. Senash Kasigal

Senash Kasigal Avatar

*sarcasm on*
    What I learned here so far:
    Bug using for RMT is no problem for you, if you are a well known community member. Others well known community members will defend you by blaming the developers for it.
    Dont report bugs, use them for RMT as long as possible. If you get caught, blame the developers.
    *sarcasm off*
    Hit them hard or be prepared to loose even more Avatars.

Cianna, Mhtic, Amelli and 6 others like this.
  4. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

Ahhh thanks for clarifying

5. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

Mea Culpa

I did advertise a lvl 6 totem in trade chat . I frequently check what people sell in my town and advertise their stuff .... but in my defense ( since some people seem to really want to link me with this whole debacle ) .

1. The only dungeon i have is a foyer i bought from store that i use as basement .
    2. Last time i killed a lich was a year ago.
    3. I never crafted a totem ... never sold a totem .

If i had known then that an exploit was made to create it you can be sure i would never have advertised it .

Lets look at the track record .

The coto exploit - People sold craftable homes to npc for coto making thousands of dollars . Coto market was crashed for months ... The devs finally put a stop to it ..cleared the bugged cotos from the game and punished those who were at the top of the list ...i believe one person was perma banned.

The chest armor exploit - You could get double major stats on chest just by enchanting a chest then socket and get another round of major enchants . This allowed players to create chain/plate chests with stats like 16 + int . The armor market still hasnt recovered and to this day there are still people cashin in from selling these armor pieces made using this exploit . What was the dev response ? We're gonna allow this one .

The totem exploit - Devs response were gonna replace all the lvl 6 totems with a lvl 1 totem .

I watched yesterday stream with Chris and he was asked 3 times what he intends to do about the chest armor exploit . There was no reply ....It was fixed but the crafted gear is still ingame being sold/bought ...

So yes i do blame it on the devs because i think they should have a very strict policy when it comes to exploits . Players notice this trend and if they see that sometimes they can get away with it...you can bet theyre gonna try to use them to their advantage . I dont expect every release to be 0 bugs or 0 exploits ... i understand its a small team they try to do the best they can ... but the message has to be clear if players find and use exploits ..they wont be allowed to benefit from them.

Lazlo, Mhtic, Jaesun and 9 others like this.
  6. ldykllr

ldykllr Avatar

Not happy about this and I'm kinda disappointed. For the most part I do not care what people sell in NoMa but this irritates me. I've had several conversations about this with different people since yesterday. The bug should have been fixed with a patch already (goes without saying) and while Port should take ownership of this bug, players who are trying to profit over this should know better. I am not one of those that is in the camp that believes you can go ahead and exploit a bug because it hasn't been fixed and make a profit from it. But I guess I am weird like that. *sighs*

7. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

Only party of players can grind 100k essences for this time or by huge market intervention, in both way they would not sell it for 2.5kk. And you trying to tell us that so experienced player as you didn't feel that smth wrong here? really? Okay may be... But VERY low chance, and VERY hard to believe in it btw ;)
    P.S. Its very similar to log cabin exploit, and far more dangerous for the game then shitty +6 int on the chest :D

8. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Normally, I would not do something like this. As time has passed, I have seen my fair share of broken things and exploits get used. I remember a time of 2 months or so of a few people rerolling enchants and MW's, making perfect gear to sell. I reported this, I did not do it, nothing was done, they made millions. Some chests in the rise used to drop a lot more then now, respawned every 3 minutes, one had a chance at black dye in it. Reported it, didnt do it, nothing was done. And on and on and on till one day, the guy doing the log cabins for cotos actually got banned, and not just for 3 days but a few months. I dont know what happened with his appeal. Then the double major enchants on chests. reported, was told they would be deleted, nothing happened. There has been an exploit being used from last month, probably still ongoing, That I reported, nothing has happened. I still have all the coin from any totems I sold.
    Hmmmmm, where did all those envy bows come from admiral?

I still have the coin from any totems sold, If they dont get changed, well, you made out like a bandit at 2.4. I am sorry, but I adapt to my environment, and after watching others get rich and nothing ever happening to them, I start to feel like the sucker. You can see the way I changed on the forums. Used to make lots of bug reports and posts, and used to message devs directly about exploits and bugs. Not so much anymore. I was even killed by a dev back when we lost exp from death from him spawning 5 demon on me. Tried to run but they kept pulling me back in. He was there to try and find a bug with the demon I was trying to show him.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
    Mhtic, kaeshiva, margaritte and 6 others like this.
  9. Lesni

Lesni Avatar

Well said !

10. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

So here is the bigger problem, many of us hop on QA and test for countless hrs only to see bugs go on for months after we have reported them. The devs have also stated that things were in game (new tamable bears and creepy dolly come to mind) where we the players then spent days if not weeks, looking for the mobs or loot drops only to be told that they are in fact NOT in game. We are never compensated for the lost time, effort and frustration.

We have a small yet amazing dev team but the simple truth is they don't always act quickly to fix obvious bugs/issues and a 2nd truth is many of us long time players are getting jaded from having wasted so much time and effort or in some cases NOT using bugs because we know it's wrong, only to see others gain from said bugs and nothing happens to them. At some point, it fair to expect those players to throw up their hands in frustration and join in the bug usage when they see others being rewarded for having done the same.

Before anyone asks, no I didn't make or sell any totems but had I done so, I would have felt justified for all the days I wasted both on QA and on live looking for bears that, at the time never existed!

margaritte and Brass Knuckles like this.
  11. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Well and there are many mobs and bosses that have 100% magic immunity known bug for a year now no fix yet :(

For me this is a bigger issue than totems @Chris

12. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

5 Pages, clearly a serious problem - ITYS - yet what is being said / done N O T H I N G,.

Take stand make a decision and fix / correct it.

I am sorry but it is prob to late as this is more than the 3rd strike for many.

Spend hours live streaming, taking a fish and renaming it for some special occasion (that is so none special it was laughable), while 100s of little quirks and some very LARGE ones persist.

SORRY, but there is a serious problem, and it is not just that another bug / has been M A S S I V L Y exploited to some players for a H U G E benefit, yet where is the solution, or even some kind of explanation? ((DO NOT TELL ME TO GO LISTEN TO A STREAM OR SURF THRU A CLUTTER OF A BLOG))

There really is not one, that will work.

Why because the exact same type of situation has already happened more than once.

13. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

If it was stone in mine, then you missed, my city never supposed to be a market, also I haven`t got anything against crafters town, a huge amount of my guildies has vendors there... All I want to say that - in any field, even ultra pro guys can make mistakes, but the chance of a mistake is very very small. On the opposite how avatars can justify their dirty deals, is well known in this game for a long time... Check any post against private mode and you will see any justifies except the main fact that they earn money in private mode, sell it to other players and they don't care about the health of the game at all.

The main fact, crime was done, if Atos would not punish for such crime anybody it will lead to total and global exploiting. And who should be punished I dont know, if I was him I would ban the whole chain(some perma some not), but for sure he doesn't want such blood... The main thing which I want to see now is the official statement on the forum.

14. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Does this include the people who made these with out knowing there was a recipe problem? I’m pretty sure that will be a much bigger problem than what we have now!

Lots of people were excited to start building out their dungeons I know several people who had no idea the recipe was broke.

15. Humbert_Humbert

Humbert_Humbert Avatar

The real disappointing part is it sounds like several members caught it early and brought it to the devs attention, but nothing was done.

Kudos to you people who reported and didn't sell it. Shame on the individuals who knowing sold it. Despite your reasoning or excuses, you exploited a bug for profit. I don't care if you were honorable the previous ten times, you failed on this one.

16. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

True, but then again I’ve been bringing magic 100% immunity to some mobs/bosses for a year now with out any action so I’m not surprised at all.

17. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

It includes people who made it and selling this on the market ONLY, I don't see the crime in putting this in the own dungeon since it will be solved by GMs sooner or later.

Brass Knuckles likes this.
  18. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

I differ a little bit on opinion but I respect yours. If a player used a hack or a cheat program to change the recipe I would say ban them and their friends. However portal made the recipe and launched it I’m assuming no testing of the recipe what so ever occurred so they own this situation 200%

I have a hard time faulting a player using this to benifit. Now if said player knew they were gonna be removed then sold them to beat that happening I’d consider that a exploit.selling them changes this narrative for me but just the creation side I’ve no major issue with.

I.e there about to nerf this let me make a ton and sell them etc...

19. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

One thing is sure is this dev team need some serious help with making content correctly. I never saw this kind of bugs/not being fixed repeated every god damn months for years. Unless they trying to make a new guiness record there something weird behind the scene.

20. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Oh, the humanity!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.