Tier 6 lich totems

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brass Knuckles, Apr 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Kind of hard to argue that. I mean it's common sense.

Definitely lost some respect for a few players after watching this go down.

2. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

Playing with game memory to create fake bait and fish for free is an exploit. (Referring to Atos stream yesterda)
    Playing the game and crafting something that was obviously an error from the team and wasnt checked, is just playing the game. Now knowing this would be fixed eventually and selling is kinda cheap shot, but still not an exploit.

If the dev were to punish everyone that used those "supposed" exploit that y'all are calling, you would be playing alone in this game.

Name me one game that banned players after using game content even if its was wrong. They usually get around it or just remove it from the game. While i do know alot of people actually getting ban for using real exploit by decompiling the game or using technic that isnt suposed to be played (remember the table bug in ultima online with the /fix which made u get on table infinitly so you can jump over towers and castle and loot them) That was an exploit. And clearly a cheap way to go around the system to get something that wasnt meant to be for.

I think the hate here come from the fact that a top player actually sold for gold something he tought was a great deal, and since this is a competitive game, everyone would really like to see him go away and take his place. And its clear to me because all the people bashing him are our "ingame ennemies". Why did he think it was a great deal? Because most of the bugs in this game take months to fix, if not year, IF its fixed at all. Because everytime a bug appear, everyone rush to produce it at the max as they can (even if they dont claim it out loud in the forum). Because there are still items in the game that are bugued since 1+ year that NEVER got fixed (thinking about wands that was mass produced to be perfect back in the day).

I find it very low from those people to point that the only guy they want to see out while they did this kind of stuff at some point in their sota life too. Like selling tickets that were already used for raffle, selling armor with double enchant, selling wands with infinite tries of enchant, selling cotos they arent suposed to have. The list is long, especially in this game.

But i hope people that are honest with themself reading this will have their own judgement. And banning players is never a good solution. Better fix the game and keep everyone happy. If the reputation of one has to be known it will be eventually, either its virtuous or chaotic. And as far as i know, everything got fixed. The bugs, the people that bought the totems, everything. And it didnt take days or whatever, and its not because of this thread that they got their money back, but cause atos said it would be fixed within the next few day and since their reputation is worth alot more than 2m gold, they decided to pay back. It was a mistake that he will never do again im pretty sure of that.

And if you think about it a minute, if i wanted to cheat on player, i wouldnt use my real avatar to do it but some alt that no one know about. And you would have never seen your money back.

3. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

I would not worry about defending me to anyone, lets instead put the focus into fixing the ongoing exploit that has been happening for over and month now and is making some players extremely rich right now. Lets also get those double maj same stat enchanted chests deleted like they said they would do as well.

4. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

On going exploit, I’d like ask what exploit but you can be banned for just talking about it.

Fast action on anything isn’t a thing.

5. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Id say changing client memory is cheating, and exploiting and cheating arent the same thing. Folks talking bout an exploit are usually talking about utilizing a bug via in-game mechanics to get an unintended advantage. Most games have exploitable bugs. Making the tier 6 totem when you expected a kobold totem is not exploiting. Using that bug to make tier 6 lich totems to use or sell is an exploit, because theres no way a person interested in player dungeons would think kobold essences make a lich totem.

It becomes a scam if the tier 6 totem was sold at a price that the legit item would cost to make, like hundreds of thousands of gold (think they are worth like 30 or 40k at the most?). If you got scammed just spread the word so folks can be cautious about transactions.

6. Cryodacry

Cryodacry Avatar

World of Warcraft .... Exploit of using multiple XP potions. No exploit in regards to how they were used ... you simply un-stacked them and right clicked on each one individually.

https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/42610-draught-of-ten-lands-exploit-ban-wave-march-22nd/

there is a linked article in Icy Veins ... you wanted precedent .... there is precedent. It was arguably far more innocuous then what happened here which was very clearly against the intent of the devs.

Funny part there was even a question if it was even an exploit..... people were asking with no response from blizzard followed by a ban from using it.

Hornpipe and Brass Knuckles like this.
  7. DavidDC

A fact about blizzard: their own employee steal people account if they dont have that 30$ authentification gadget and stop playing for over a month. I had a guild in wow "Horde of Quebec" and many stopped playing while i was still in contact with them, everyone got hacked, myself included (we were not noob...). Couldnt get my account back because they asked me a personal card with picture to proove my identity (how are they going to recognize me? another scam.). Then i started diablo 3, same thing happened.
    Sorry but their judgement is deep in my ass. ;)

Another fun part is the end of that link:
    Fun fact, the ban wave comes just in time for the Welcome Back Weekend which lasts through March 24. We're still waiting on Blizzard for an official statement regarding the ban wave. The suspensions are somewhat inconsistent according to Reddit, ranging from 7 days up to 1 month.
    They just play with people so they buy back their 70 expansion for 1000$ to play. Dont trust that company. Ever.

Plus why ban and make everyone angry when they could just delete those potion that got duped and everyone stay happy? Cause they are VERY VERY incompetant. Thanks our sota dev have this competance.

Brass Knuckles likes this.
  8. Cryodacry

Cryodacry Avatar

lol you said name one ... I did ... and very recently too ... My suggestion is to not use absolutes in your argument. It comes off as I am right no matter what prove me wrong brah .... then when proven wrong you just discredit what was placed in front of you as the contrary saying it doesn't count or that's a **** company that's a fool....

This is like listening to Donald Trump ....

Hornpipe likes this.
  9. DavidDC

If you look down that thread you posted me, people actually power leveled themself using this potion. Thats the exploit that got banned, not just duping the potion. Leveling yourself using a bug is irreversible unless you go trought all the character one by one check how many potion they used and how much level they got. Or roll back the entire game. This was not the case here, some people went furter by selling it, but also paid back, everything could be fixed. Does this deserve a ban when it can easily be fixed like this?

Im not trying to make any wall here, you guys are. ;)

margaritte likes this.
  10. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

LMAO

[​IMG]

Translation :

Breaking news : Abusing game mechanics (using those in a wrong way) and Exploiting are refering to the same one and only thing. Hacking is another level and involves using things outside of the game (trainers for exemple) in order to break the rules and take some advantage ingame. No need for irreversible things or not when it's about exploiting. There was never any mention of this condition anywhere in the whole gaming community I know. One good exemple is Fallout76 where duplicated items were erased (reversible, you'll have to agree on this) and people were still... permanently banned. And that's only the most recent exemple. The most funny thing is that DUPING THINGS is in the wikipedia definition of the video game exploit, with NO mention of using the items.

YES, BUT :

[​IMG]

At least, it is brand new here, in the echo chamber you try to build around yourself. In a game where exploiting has apparently very few negative consequences for the exploiter.

Ok now I'll return to my wall :rolleyes: Please ensure to stay on the other side with all the people who think that abusing game mechanics is just ok, only because... it's possible and "reversible".

[​IMG]

PS : Please leave politics outside of this thread, because it's breaking forum rules. Yes, in a way, you both are cheating with forum rules :D

Last edited: Apr 6, 2019
    Fei Akhart and Ravenscar like this.
  11. DavidDC

Some people just like to keep the hate going ;)
    I dont need any image to show this

12. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

Running out of arguments ? :D

13. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Hi ribald o/

Hornpipe likes this.
  14. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

15. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

At what point is portal accountable is what I want to know. If an exploit runs for years known by everyone and yet it stays available to abuse is it really the players fault for using it?

Someone used the “is the banks fault” that someone robbed them earlier, I’ll adjust that to make this point.

If the bank leave bags of money sitting on the outside steps night after night is it still 100% the bank robbers fault. The bank has a obligation to secure their funds do they not? I’m not saying who ever is taking the bag of money has a right to do so I’m just saying there is obligation on the bank as well.

The totem thing was new However there are ongoing exploits that people are abusing that have been in the game a very long time, and then there is the lack of testing for the totems shotty work imop soon fixed to more shotty work (t2 vrs t1 kobald).

I support banning exploiters, they just arnt the only ones at fault here.

16. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

I'll go along with you here, insofar as Port is accountable the instant they were informed and took no definitive action on this.

Initially, they aren't accountable because this is game development and bugs happen, sometimes no matter HOW good your QA department is. However, the moment someone informed them, and nothing was done... and in this SPECIFIC instance, a freaking rollback WAS the immediate action required... that was the point where they are nearly as at-fault as the people exploiting this.

It might not have fixed the problem with the item being sold for RLM, but it could have caught it in time.

17. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

I wanna do a thief analogy too \o/

If i pull my keys out of my pocket, accidently drop a 20$ and some guy grabs it and runs face first into a policeman who makes him give it back to me, i wonder if that guy would argue the moral ambiguity of that policeman making him give the 20$ back to me, saying its also my fault for accidently dropping the 20$

Thats an elitist mentality preying on the imperfect

Minerva likes this.
  18. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Accountability is important as well if ur dude is dropping $20 bills constantly at some point that police man is gonna call him a fricken idiot and walk away :)

And a what point is he abusing tax payers $

19. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

If it’s inevitable that its gonna happen tho (as it is with all games) and the player agreed to not use the exploit to gain an advatage, it’s totally that players fault.

Now that i think about it, a thief stealing money is actually less liable than a guy exploiting a bug because the thief didnt sign an agreement not to steal

Whoa....
    Btw dont rob people. Its a crappy thing to do, even if you didnt sign anything

Minerva likes this.
  20. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

I’ve no argument however there is a on going exploit been around for year since persistence people have been grinding this exploit its been reported many times with many pics and yet it’s still aviable in game and bringing utilized as we speak with out repercussions. At what point is this layed at portals feet and what recompense will legitimate players recieve because these people have killed the economy for these items?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.