Dungeon questions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brass Knuckles, Apr 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

@Chris or anyone who might know /understand this stuff.

1st people are saying many of the rooms are spawning and or convertible. I am having a hard time getting the following to spawn. Large lich(fall) small lich (fall) lich boss (rise) compendium 1,3 anchient cathedral blue rooms green rooms from the starter kits any of the prison rooms or the stone 1x1 3x3 and 5x5.

It might have been easier to list the ones that are spawning (throne room (fall) rotundra (hilt).

Even though the Rotund is spawning the mobs they just stand there and my dungeon is now supper buggy feeling lots of new lag even though nothing is fighting.

Is the troll room dropping-on Torc yet?

When will the kobald rooms start fighting?

Tradition to stone pieces should be buyable on book vendors lots of poor quality going to stone from another set and apparently the arnt in all the sets (example anchient to stone is not avail in the large anchient starter set or the individual sets but can be found in the book and the mirror sets only)

When will all the rooms be spawning and will the starter set rooms have the spawns that are in the example dungeons or what?

2. Aartemis

Aartemis Avatar

There are 5 active encounter rooms:

Fall Throne Lich
    Rotunda
    Owls Head Boss
    Rise Lich Room
    Troll Cave Encounter

All Drop. CORRECTION, on the Stream today (4/8/19) Chris said next patch for Troll Encounter Drop.

Now for the issues:

There is a NAV-Mesh issue that causes the mobs that spawn inside not to move/fight
    There is a bug preventing Loot Drops.
    The Owshead and Rotunda will convert from old room to new encounter room with 500 COTO/Blueprint/Chisel
    The Rise Lich room conversion is broken ATM

The are working on the issues for the next patch. Chris fixed the recipe and added the essences to vendors, and has others working on both the Nav and Loot Drop issues.

Also MOB Essences will be able to be added to Buy Orders in the next patch

None of the other rooms spawn mobs, only rooms with Totem Pedestals can spawn mobs AND you have to have the correct spawnable room type.

The above stuff I know, now for the DLMB Stuff:

I heard the Troll Drop was more obtainable on the main Boss in the Ruined Keep but very rare drop from Torc. Un-validated.

Lower Level rooms/mobs are planned for next release. Elves, Maybe Skellies - Probably add to the Random Encounter Rooms dropping in Pain. - Chris Livestream.

Random Single Spawners are planned Separate from the encounter rooms- Chris Livestream.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2019
    Jaesun and Brass Knuckles like this.
  3. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Awesome thanks :)

4. Aartemis

Aartemis Avatar

I made a few edits. I think its complete now.

Brass Knuckles likes this.
  5. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

You also need to set the dungeon to adventure mode if you have the encounter room and a totem in it to spawn creatures. If it is not in adventure mode, the monsters will not spawn.

6. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Yea I know I do have some spawning rooms thought they just stand there. It would be cool if they would publish this information some place vrs relying on the stream. I can’t watch 10 hours of video content every week some of us have to work :).

7. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

Small points in the post.

You mention that essences were added to vendors. The essences aren’t added , but buy orders will be available (which is what you say in the next line.) probably should the part about essences added to vendors as that sounds like you can go to an NPC vendor and buy them.

In his last stream he mentioned that the troll room recipe wasn’t in game yet, so he added the encounter room as a drop from the big trolls. I asked to today about the status but he didn’t get around to answering the question.

The rotunda conversion requires an made encounter room as an ingredient (not the blueprint). The rise one currently uses the blueprint, but the patch will fix it so that also needs the encounter room. So if you want to save some granite, convert them before the patch goes live.

Unless Chris changed his mind from Friday, the encounter room was going to drop from both Gorhand, or whoever he is ,in the ruined keep. Torc will also drop the room, but at half the rate that Gor drops it. That’s how he set it up, but of course it can’t be validated in game.

As to rooms for the next release, he wants some lower level rooms, but he keeps changing his min. Go figure.

Silberfarn and Aartemis like this.
  8. oplek

oplek Avatar

I'm wondering where we are on the dungeon roadmap, if there is one.

9. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I got one of the unclassified Stone Dungeon Rotunda Blueprints (I have all the latest Recipes). That’s the encounter one?

10. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

Unfortunately it’s hard to tell right now, both of the rooms have the same name and both of them can drop right now. The easiest way to tell is if you have one or both of the recipes, not the conversion but the one to build the room. The one in the dungeons section builds the non-encounter version. The one in the unclassified section builds the encounter dungeon. If have the blueprint in your inventory and check one of the recipes, you’ll be able to figure out which room you have. The other option is to wait for the patch that is coming soon. The room names are fixed in the next patch.

11. Silberfarn

Silberfarn Avatar

@jiirc

Hello, could you please explain that tip of yours? I don't fully understand how you would save granite. I heard that it is better to hold off making big room pieces (i.e. saving your rise/fall/rotunda blueprints) in order to avoid paying the 500 Cotos for conversion. One player in game said that after future patches, you will be able to pick after crafting whether you want a deco or encounter room, thus saving the 500 conversion Cotos. Is this what you meant with saving granite or did I utterly confuse it now?
    Thanks,
    Silberfarn

12. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

The conversion recipes are supposed to use the dungeon room as an ingredient in the recipe. For example the kobold room uses 500 cotos and a dungeon room (not the blueprint). So to convert from one room type (non-envounter room for example) to another room type (encounter room for example) you would normally: 1) buildthe dungeon room (or have one are built), then 2) use that dungeon room and 500 cotos, and then smelt the dungeon to convert it to the other type.

The rise recipe is incorrect at the moment, it uses the blueprint instead of the dungeon room. The trick requires that you have a blueprint that hasn't been built into a room yet (so you have the blueprint and not the room in your inventory). If you have an encounter room already built then you can't convert it right now. But if you have a non-encounter room blueprint, that blueprint can be used as an ingredient in the conversion recipe; and you get the other room (not a blueprint). In this case you can get an encounter room without building it.

Sentinel2 and Silberfarn like this.
  13. Silberfarn

Silberfarn Avatar

Thanks a lot for the clarification, Jiirc. That leaves the question where to get the conversion recipes from. I checked the house&deco merchants in Brittany and Theo in Owls Head and his blacksmith neighbour, alas no conversion recipe; my recipe book is also empty. I also put the Rise-Lich blueprint plus 500 Cotos and the stone chisel on the smelting station, the "craft" button stays grey (R64, patch950).
    This whole encounter room business is a royal mess; even experienced players struggle and it is basically trial and error.

14. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

The recipe is discoverable, so just try the combine and it will add to your recipe book. As noted, you use the completed dungeon room, not the blueprint, plus 500 crowns and a chisel.

Jaesun likes this.
  15. Sway

Sway Avatar

troll room drops (I have one) also, the troll room and others spawn but for the owner, have no loot. when others enter and fight them they get loot, with the loot also essences.

16. amnipar

amnipar Avatar

I have successfully built the Lich Boss room using granite and blueprint, and converted it with 500 COTO. It spawns liches that drop loot at least for me. If anyone wants to test, it is in front of my store in Crafter's Town (far end of the square to the left from river). Also a fishing grotto there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.