Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Troll totem level 2 mob take a long time to spawn after changing to adventure mode

Discussion in 'Player Made Dungeons' started by Chiasma, Apr 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chiasma

Chiasma Bug Hunter

04/17/2019 00:13
    Title: Troll totem level 2 mob take a long time to spawn after changing to adventure mode
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Place a troll totem level 2 to a troll dungeon room and then turn on the adventure mode. Enter the dungeon again and the first troll take a long time to spawn.
    Sometimes the troll level 1 totem may take a long time to spawn the first troll. Other troll in the same room may stop spawning for a long time too.
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500 CPU @ 3.30GHz (4) System RAM: 32715
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950 GPU RAM: 1960
    SotA.Win.64.954.Date.04.12.19
    Area: PlayerDungeon_MineCart
    Area Display Name: Player Dungeon
    Loc: (83.7, 0.0, -155.9)
    Debug: UGxheWVyRHVuZ2Vvbl9NaW5lQ2FydHx8KDgzLjY4OCwgMCwgLTE1NS45MjEpfCgwLCAwLjk5OSwgMCwgMC4wMzcpfDIzMzUuNzQ3fDE5LjkwODE1fDE4

Jason_M likes this.
  2. belijaal

belijaal Avatar

That's not surprising since it could be exploited if mobs spawned instantly after placing a totem.

3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

placing a totem has to be done in deco mode. you then have to go out and switch the modes and re-enter. not exactly instant.

4. belijaal

belijaal Avatar

You missed the point. How long does it take you to place it and switch modes? And is it not a lot faster than the usual respawn time?

5. Chiasma

Chiasma Bug Hunter

I am not sure how the respawn work. But I have seen others' lich room. The lich spawn immediately entering the dungeon. And those lich respawn as fast as the original scene.

6. Awe

Awe Avatar

Actually, nothing has changed with spawn if you are alone, dunno, if it's affected by others entering your dungeon.
    Tested in the dungeon that was not changed for days. Enter - kill - exit - enter - all mobs are there.
    Guess, not totem related...

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
  7. Chiasma

Chiasma Bug Hunter

I have placed a new lich room and a new troll totem. Then I enter the dungeon in adventure mode. I went AFK for half an hour but no mob was spawning.

04/17/2019 19:13
    Title: No mob spawn after entering the dungeon with adventure mode
    Reproduction Rate: 80%
    Blocker?
    Details:
    I have placed a new troll totem. Then I enter the dungeon in adventure mode. I went AFK for half an hour but no mob was spawning. No mob in lich room as well. I am in a party and as a party leader as well. Just wonder if it is a bug related to a party or the dungeon.

Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500 CPU @ 3.30GHz (4) System RAM: 32715
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950 GPU RAM: 1960
    SotA.Win.64.955.Date.04.15.19
    Area: PlayerDungeon_MineCart
    Area Display Name: Player Dungeon
    Loc: (83.9, 0.1, -141.6)
    Debug: UGxheWVyRHVuZ2Vvbl9NaW5lQ2FydHx8KDgzLjkzNywgMC4wNzQsIC0xNDEuNTcpfCgwLCAwLjAwNywgMCwgMSl8NzIxLjA0ODZ8OC4xMDY0OTF8Ny42Mzg4

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
    Jason_M likes this.
  8. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

The troll initial spawn is very slow.

The trolls also spawn at different rates: small trolls spawn first, enforcers later and less frequency.

Sometimes they respawn all together - sometimes just one small troll.

In the level 2 troll encounter, Torc spawns very rarely. I played a few respawns last night and Torc didn't show up at all - not initially and not in 2 subsequent respawns. (3 rounds in 20 minutes is prety awful.)

UPDATE: Torc seems to be spawning more readily and more regularly today (4/19)

This compares very badly with the Lich totem that initially spawns instantly and respawns very quickly. Also, when the lich boss doesn't spawn, he's replaced by a mundane alternative. (Lich Temple - Fall) Troll doesn't seeem to replace Torc with an alternative troll.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
  9. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

Tier 3 Troll opinion:

Apologies to the OP for piggy-backing his thread, but I wanted to give my opinion of the tier 3 troll totem.

Since Player-Made Dungeons are a new thing, we only know whether they are functioning normally based on comparisons and "the feels," so I think it fair to judge the tier 2 troll by comparing it to the tier 1 and tier 3.

I'd like to say that tier 3 is the best so far in terms of spawn timing - some trolls spawn instantly (front of the room), other spawn shortly thereafter (mid and back of the room), and the boss comes shortly after that. I suspect that there is some randomization to the spawn timers, but this has been the case each time for initial spawn (first time loading the dungeon in the session).

Bravo for tier 3 :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.