Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Release 65 Instructions Feedback Post

Discussion in 'Release 65 QA Feedback' started by DarkStarr, Apr 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Here is an early rough draft of the Release 65 Instructions Post. Lots of stuff is still in progress, including the text itself, features, content, etc. Some things listed here are not yet in the build and might NOT make the release!

As always this thread is for editing the post itself, clarifying the contents, etc. It is NOT about debating game features, decisions, etc. Please start other threads for that.

Also as usual the links to instructions and known issues are pointing to R64 so I don't need to be told that. :)

I also don't need to be reminded about blank areas or places that say <insert more here> or are blank. I got those. :)

Also please DO NOT give feedback on the ORIGINAL text that I cut and paste from the Quarterly Schedule Post. As a rule we never edit the original text. We only put new text afterwards in italics. That way we make sure everyone knows we aren't hiding anything, especially if something is delayed. ;)

2. Synergy Blaize

Synergy Blaize Avatar

This doesn't make much sense = 2 diff things
    Should read:

Fertilizer Delayed: [Strikethrough]Fertilizer will now be able to be used in Agriculture to affect the outcome.[Strikethrough]

Sorry... seems I don't know how to do a strike-through command :(

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
  3. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

Should be
    Party Pet Bonuses Delayed: Work on patches for Release 64 delayed our work on Party Pet Bonuses.

(Info about Fertilizer is given later in the text)

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
  4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

but not necessarily two different people.

5. Synergy Blaize

Synergy Blaize Avatar

These 2 sentences should be combined....

• Player Towns & Player Housing: Our first ever paintable homes will also go live! <strikethrough
    &
    • Paintable Homes Delayed: Although we were able to get the supporting tech in for Paintable Homes work on patches for Release 64 delayed our work on the User Interface and content work on the homes for the Paintable Homes feature.

6. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

I refreshed the window after I wrote it - sorry, such things can happen ;)

Synergy Blaize likes this.
  7. Synergy Blaize

Synergy Blaize Avatar

Fair call, but the "Fertilizer Delayed" heading IS mentioned later in the document, so I thought for clarity, the earlier [strikethrough] sentence should fall under the "Fertilizer Delayed" heading in this document.

Alley Oop likes this.
  8. Kron Caledon

Kron Caledon Avatar

Decoration Scaling: After numerous player requests, we now allow select decorations can now be scaled slightly (plus or minus 20%). Note that trophies and any items that are interactive (crafting stations, beds, chairs, etc.) cannot be scaled.

- change "trophies" to "trophies already with a scale factor (such as for trophy fish)"

- because all other trophies without a "length" or size data CAN be scaled - including fish trophies for common fish, mounted animal heads, etc.

e.g.
    Mounted Salmon
    Mounted Timber Wolf
    Mounted Death Bunny Head
    etc.

Alley Oop likes this.
  9. Alley Oop

this was originally announced as craftable. it's fine either way, just want to make sure it's intended.

we're still missing three rewards that were announced for delivery in the R64 instructions. address them?
    • Dragon Polearm
    • Dragon Sword
    • Haunted Yule Tree Set

10. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

From what Chris just mentioned in universal chat, the three encounter rooms being added form Chillblains will have 1 kobold and 2 lich encoutners in them. It also sounds like they will be temporary, with the real mobs and totems that are to be permanent will go in on the next release. Does it make snense to add that into the notes or not?

11. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Jaesun likes this.
  12. DarkStarr

That's not how it works. We keep original text and strike it through and then write a separate sentence explaining the delay. See every previous post please for reference.

13. DarkStarr

fixed

14. DarkStarr

Fixed

15. Kron Caledon

Kron Caledon Avatar

Decoration Scaling: After numerous player requests, we now allow select decorations can now be scaled slightly (plus or minus 20%).

- replace "can now" - with "to be"
    so that it reads:

"we now allow select decorations to be scaled slightly (plus or minus 20%)."

Sorry - should have caught this before as well.

16. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

I'm fine with all of these being available from vendors, but could we also get recipes for them added so those of us who would rather craft our own could do so? Maybe make the crafted versions scaleable and the the vendor versions not, for some benefit?

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  17. Alley Oop

please include an image example. when chris mentioned this on stream, i was under the impression that this was making items with handedness mirror, like a left and a right tavern counter, but that doesn't sound like what you're describing, which sounds more like an expansion of the existing ability to have e.g. books sitting up or laying flat.

not a complete sentence

the way this is phrased makes it seem like an item but tailoring merchants sell recipes.

what art, if any, are preexisting cupcakes getting?

comma

spaces between sentences

extra period at end

Jaesun likes this.
  18. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

It's not available on alchemy merchants. It's only available on Isabeau D'Anjou, the Xenos decorations merchant.

Jaesun likes this.
  19. Kelly O'Shay

Kelly O'Shay Avatar

What was the reasoning behind changing the recipes for taming equipment? I have not seen one bug report saying that it is too hard to make taming equipment since silver was made more accessible to lower level players. My lower level alts can now find silver in more mines plus in the stag forest road encounters and other places that are actually accessible to lower level players.

Changing the recipes seems to be doing work that has absolutely no gain. I think the time would have been better spent working on adding pet commands that the avatar can issue and make the pet do a special attack.

What does it mean when you say you are making taming easier but in the same paragraph you say you area adding a new wooden taming necklace that makes taming harder?

20. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

@Kelly O'Shay this isn’t the thread for discussion. Start a new thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.