1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

UPDATED: Player Deco Contest! GO!!!!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Chris, Apr 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oplek

oplek Avatar

Speaking of QOL improvements, maybe we could open the lot listing thing without talking to a Crier?

Hillt likes this.
  2. Lained

Lained Avatar

You can now claim any available lot just make sure to send Atos the entry fee or he'll evict you.

Sonja likes this.
  3. Lace

Lace Avatar

@Chris

There is no normal in game map for this POT. Please get this pot into Jakob Whites old tool so that lot markers and owners show. As the current governor please label the transit points when this map is in. Please mark where you put down the POT vendors so decorators can find them. (and all the other things that come with mapping out a POT) You could even stream about how to do it. (you can look at some of my videos for this if you don\t know how, but you need to get your POT into the existing tool and then update your POT)

Thanks

(not Governor shaming but this should be instructional for would be governors aka the point of the contest)

4. Nick

Nick Avatar

A day after I mailed Atos the gold, I asked him in-game if I were to find any open lot and claim, his answer was "YES!"
    I believe the Town message of the day now reflects it.

Just a thought.... what happens if I log in my 2nd or 3rd character???? The lot owner's name will change accordingly. Will one get evicted?

Sonja likes this.
  5. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

This is a change of which I was unaware.
    Thank you.

Nick likes this.
  6. Takotora

Takotora Avatar

I sent 1000cotos by in-game email on Tuesday to participate in the decoration contest, but I still can not contact you. How long does it take for coordinate communication?

7. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

If you sent the money, just claim a spot. Chris isn’t assigning spots any longer, so it’s not necessary to contact him for a spot.

If you have another reason to contact him, communication takes time, especially with around the world requests.

8. Summer Breeze

Summer Breeze Avatar

I must be in a very special place in the POT then. My next door neighbour on one side, my second neighbour on the other side and at least one of the neighbours down the slope in 'front' of my house have all put up fully decorated houses within minutes of claiming their lot.

Makes me feel kind of foolish for experimenting with custom decorating a home on an awkwardly placed lot (marker is right on the the edge of a slope) by reversing the intended front and back.
    It would be hard enough to compete with other players actually decorating from scratch in the few weeks of the contest. But these pre-fabs that might have taken months to create really ruin the feeling of the contest for me. I thought the intention of the contest was to be able to follow the decorating process... not just judging fully decorated homes.

At least I'll know I've competed in the intended spirit of the contest. :)

9. kl4nk

kl4nk Avatar

Of course ppl will use the magic mover if its its available to them, remember, game the system early and often is the m.o. here

10. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

Finally managed to get a hold of Atos online and got a reply from him so I can claim my lot.

11. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

I would report the owners who used Magic Movers in R64 because Chris specifically stated here:

To prevent players from doing all their decoration in secret and then moving their house in at the very last minute, starting in Release 65, Mount Midir will be flagged to not allow the use of the magical movers. Part of the reason for this contest is to help show off what amazing things are possible during video streams and we won’t be able to do that if everything happens in secret!

Using magic movers now is just BS and should not be allowed. As far as I'm concerned, anyone who did that is using an exploit, I don't care that this isn't R65. It truly defeats the spirit of the contest.

@Chris

12. Takotora

Takotora Avatar

No contact has been sent yet. Certainly, I sent 1000 cotos to Atos as a letter on Tuesday. . . May I wait as it is?

13. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

Update from my previous post about 100k giveaway: I only received one pm in last 48h, and that player already got the help from his guild mate to be able to participate in the contest. No other player contacted me so that means everyone can afford the fee. Thats good news I guess :)

Still if there is someone who missed my post and need some help for this, send me a message please. Good luck everybody!!!

Lily Byrd, Sonja, Vero and 2 others like this.
  14. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

sorry but ROFL.

if the intention is to not be able to do it in 65 then all houses should be wipped, and start then for the entire release.

PPP

This is just another total (cannot say it).

In all fairness this is to decorate a house.

The sceen shold be a grassland one where there is no diff between lots all plain grass.

All should be Village Sized.

All shouuldl be NOT able to use a magic mover E V E R

the prize is an entire POT that is very valuable.

Players have been in their lots for days. Some waited to get a Lot, others found out they could just go claim one and then pay enrty fee.

sorry but why is this even considered fair and even.

Also announced and started almost a week before announced?

Change this NOW

Change the POT on r65 Release, give every person who has claimed a lot a lot in the new POT on a plain old grassland Village Lot. Test decorating skills and means. Level the playing field.

Voting needs to be done by a few unbiased players who have participated in deco contests from ages ago.

I know I am just spinning my wheels again but, again this just shows how much water line is left on this boat.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
    Redhammer, Cyin, amaasing and 5 others like this.
  15. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

Hey @Weins201 - laugh it up! :p

I'm laughing too since it is just so ridiculous how lazy people will always try to game the system and/or find a way to exploit. I get that. I'm still gonna call it out once in a while because I'm sick of it. I see all kinds of crap that goes on and I keep my mouth shut because it's like, "what's the use, no one gives a rat's patootie what I have to say." In this case though, the good people who are building from scratch should keep building and anyone who used magic movers should have their butts evicted. I call it being DISQUALIFIED.

Portalarium is trying to do a good thing here, yet it is goofed up from the start with this magic mover "expletive deleted."

Full disclosure - I am not entering this contest so I have no skin in it. I just believe in fair play for those who are actually building from scratch.

Peace out bro.

Redhammer, Cyin, Lily Byrd and 5 others like this.
  16. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

i very much suspect chris can run a report on magic mover use and disqualify people even before the no magic mover change with the new release

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
    Sonja, Jaesun and Fionwyn Wyldemane like this.
  17. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

lol you are funny. Well at least some could have done magic movers that did not know since the rules were not posted until later so I feel they should get a chance to remove them if that was the case. I did not enter because I have a POT or at least I'm manager/steward of one that I love so much. I wanted others to have a chance to experience that.

18. Summer Breeze

Summer Breeze Avatar

I was one of those in on the first day of the POT lots being assigned. Even (before) then it was very clear Chris wanted to follow the decorating process on his streams.
    And moving in fully decorated plots is not a decorating process.

Redhammer, Cyin, Lily Byrd and 2 others like this.
  19. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yes I know. Maybe you didn't understand what I was saying. Communication was lax on this and everyone should take off their magic mover stuff if they used it and start from scratch but not taken out of the contest because of communication issues. So just imo was what I was saying.

20. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

I did use magic mover, but hey it took me 3 hours to build that castle which i did 1 week before contest. What is the point of not using magic mover if you have 3 week already to build anything? Chris said he would remove magic mover 1 week before the contest end especially so people cant just hide their stuff until the end.

Im also conscious that i am getting some kind of penalty since everyone see the end result since day 1 and can actually try and do better than me. I dont see this as an advantage to anyone that use magic mover. Plus it costed me 600 coto to do it.

I also plan to magic move it back to my main spot once the contest is done. And i hope ill have a day or two to do it before the pot go out (if it go out).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.