Content/Ad Contest for Supporters of the SotA Comic #2!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Elgarion, Sep 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Excellent! I'll get to see it very soon!

Keep'em comin guys! Only 11 days left until the submission deadline.

2. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Wonderful prizes! I'm looking forward to seeing the submissions!

I do wonder at the different sized ads for different lot sizes. I've played the game since 2014 and I think I have visited a castle lot only once or twice, and that was before the game was released. They are either very remote and I have no reason to go out of my way to visit them or they are surrounded by uninviting massive walls that I just run past without even seeing what is inside.

Village lots on the other hand are omnipresent and often very tastefully decorated. Row lots are more restrictive from a decoration standpoint, but at least they are obtainable by every player. Are the ads trying to attract new big donors who will spend a fortune on a castle lot for Episode 2 or buy an existing castle lot from a disgruntled player?

Elgarion likes this.
  3. Elgarion

Hi there Kara! The lot sizes for the ad/content was just a way to describe the size of the ad using in-game terminology. I’m also looking forward to seeing people’s creativity! Can’t wait to get my hands on the published hard copy comic!

4. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Wow, silly me! I honestly thought the ads were for advertising lots! :confused:

Elgarion likes this.
  5. Elgarion

Don't forget -- if you backed the comic and earned ad/content space, get those ads submitted soon! Again, thanks so much to supporting us!

Please email ad/content submissions and questions to sotacomic@relicsbyrild.com
    Deadline for submissions is Oct 31, 2018.

All content submissions must be at 300 dpi (print resolution)
    Use RBG format for the most accurate colors.
    PSD, tiff, and PDF file formats are recommended for the best print quality.

Do not use JPG compression. LZW compression or uncompressed files are better.

Dimensions in pixels are as follows
    - Row Lot (Personal Size Space) = 1050 wide x 315 px tall
    - Village Lot (Quarter-Page) = 1050 wide x 1575 px tall
    - City Lot (Half-Page) = 2100 wide x 1575 px tall
    - Castle Lot (Full-Page) = 2100 wide x 3150 px tall

Rentier and Sir Frank like this.
  6. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

Or, just let me win!
    :cool:

Elgarion likes this.
  7. Elgarion

All! No worries about tomorrow’s deadline for your ads/content if you’re scrambling. We’re adding an additional week of time (Nov 7th) until the deadline. Please let me know if you have questions/concerns. @Indi2 @rild

Indi2 and Grimace2 like this.
  8. Elgarion

ANNNNNNNND THE WINNNNNNNERRRRRS ARRRRRRRRE... (drumroll)

• Best Row Ad: Congrats to @Grimace2 !!! This contest portion was described as follows:
      "this award is specifically designed for the most creative "Row Lot" advertisement since it is by far the smallest amount of ad space. Row Lot ads will have difficulty competing with the larger ads, so we've added a prize JUST for the Row Lots to ensure one of those little guys can win something for their creativity! The "Row Lot" advertisement that is the most creative, immersive, artistic, or virtuous (whichever one stands out the most) will win an in-game POT Row Lot Deed!"

Grimace! Contact @rild to receive your Row Lot Deed!

[​IMG]

• Most Role-Play Immersive: Congrats to @Gabriel Nightshadow !!! This contest portion was described as follows:
      "the advertisement that ties into the comic, game or novel lore most effectively will win a rare virtual item, the Cabinet of Virtue, that was a prize for attending the first Hearth of Britannia: Lords of the Hearth (HoBLotH) LARP'ing event! ALSO, the winner will be awarded an actual wooden box featuring Indi's Art on the lid (displayed art is a sample only) with 5 real-life Crown of the Obsidian Order (COTO) Collector Coins inside AND a cache of various other Rild loot items, ALL provided by Rild from RelicsbyRild!"

Gabriel! Contact @rild to receive your prizes! There will be some delay on the wooden box, but perhaps you might be able to provide input on which of Indi's art is placed on the box.

[​IMG]

• Most Artistic: Congrats to... @someone in MGT (Moongate Travelers!) Haha! I know the person's real name, but I cannot call it out on the forums. If someone in MGT knows who submitted this ad, let them know they've won! @rild and @Indi2 have met you, so they'll be trying to contact you as well via other means. This contest portion was described as follows:
      "the advertisement that is most beautifully artistic will win a custom color 5x7 character portrait of the winner's in-game character (or a character of their choosing), drawn by Indi Martin!"

Moongate Travelers! Please contact @Indi2 to be placed on her schedule for receiving your art commission prize!

[​IMG]

• Most Virtuous: Congrats to @Bayard !!! This contest portion was described as follows:
      "the advertisement that is the most helpful or informative to players of Shroud of the Avatar will win 50 in-game Crowns of the Obsidian Order (COTO's), provided by Elgarion AND 50 in-game Crowns of the Obsidian Order (COTO's) provided by Rild from RelicsbyRild!"

Bayard! Please contact @rild to receive your 5000 COTO's! You'll be receiving 5000 COTO's from Elgarion today in your in-game mail!

[​IMG]

• Best in Show: Congrats to @Gabriel Nightshadow !!! This contest portion was described as follows:
      "the advertisement deemed the best considering any and all aspects of the content/ad will be awarded a special Character Spotlight in the yet-to-be-created Shroud of the Avatar: New Beginnings #3! This will be a multi-panel character depiction of your character in which they can have momentary interaction with either Arianna or Christopher. Albeit their cameo will be brief, they can have some impact on the story, such as providing someone directions, helping to defeat a monster, or perhaps cause a more nefarious effect within the upcoming comic. This will be considered a mere cameo and additional appearances of this character will not occur in later comics. Character depiction concept must be approved."

Gabriel! We've yet to even begin creating comic #3, and when I begin writing it, I'll be contacting you directly to plan your cameo appearance in the comic!
      [​IMG]

Additional Content/Ad Promotion: all of the supporter submitted content/advertisements in SotA New Beginnings #2 will be promoted outside of the comic to offer additional reach.
    • (COMING SOON!) All supporter submitted content/ads will be duplicated on a sponsor page at RelicsbyRild.com for a period of 1 year or until the next comic, issue #3, is published (whichever comes first) in addition to being published in issue #2.
    • (COMING SOON!) All supporter submitted content/ads will be duplicated on a sponsor page at RPOTA.com for a period of 1 year or until the next comic, issue #3, is published (whichever comes first) in addition to being published in issue #2.
    • (DONE! PROMOTIONS AIRING DURING LEGION OF MYTH LIVESTREAMS!) All supporter submitted content/ads will be routinely mentioned during Elgarion's Legion of Myth livestreams for 3 months following the publication of the comic, spotlighting especially the ad contest winners. Each ad will be mentioned via livestream at least once per week, but likely far more often. CHANGE: I've decided to continue promoting your items a full year after publication of the comic INSTEAD of the promised 3 months!

Thanks so much for everyone's patience!
    There is a LOT of moving parts on this project, and I think @rild and @Indi2 are doing a great job pulling it all together. I think we'll have our hands on all those goodies very soon!

9. Indi2

Indi2 Legend of the Hearth

Yay!!! Congratulations to all of the winners, and thank you to everyone for such excellent submissions for us to choose from! :)

10. Grimace2

Grimace2 Avatar

Thank you very much.

11. Grimace2

Grimace2 Avatar

@Elgarion @rild

How's the progress with the in game digital rewards?

CICI likes this.
  12. Elgarion

I’m not exactly sure but its a great question for Mr @rild! My guess? Either they’re to be released at the same time as the other items or we’ll be waiting a bit. Those loving devs of ours are stretched thin! I can’t wait to see some of Indi’s art finally make it into the game! Also, hi @Grimace! You goin to SotACon ‘19?

Grimace2 likes this.
  13. Gabriel Nightshadow

Gabriel Nightshadow Avatar

Wow...this is what happens when you don't check out the SotA forum for a couple of months :eek: Congratulations to all of the other winners :D

Grimace2, Stella Moon and Elgarion like this.
  14. Elgarion

Hhaha yup! You have yourself some winnings to colllect!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.