Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Please stop with the shared pool stuff for character slots

Discussion in 'Release 64 Feedback' started by Mishikal, Apr 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

It should be on QA right now but I haven't checked it yet.

[edit] Just verified that gold and the experience pool are shared on QA.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
    Sean Silverfoot and Jaesun like this.
  2. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

You ignore the fact that when they created character slots, the game was *not* free to play. Even now, the game is not free to play. It's free to play for *episode one* only.

3. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

I am going to make this statement and see how it plays out.

Here is what is going to happen, the players with 5 billion exp are going to create chars with specific focus. One will be to beat the Spider Queen, dex / archer ((this will work in a few places)) another to do Kobolds, trolls , /. . . . They will use as many pints as possible on only a few places to Game the play to the pint of sitting there hitting 3 - 6 keys and its is over. Every item will lose 25 - 50% of it value as farming of everything will become over bearing. As a result more players will see the futility and just stop, all the pixel crack and such are not going to be rewarded with paying customer support.

watch
    wait
    see

4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

You can do that RIGHT NOW with one character. There's no need to need to split your efforts between two characters. In fact, that would be stupid, as then you would have to train many of the same skills (like innates) on each character.

5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

You'll note that you pay for "early access" to episode 2. ;)

6. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Yep. And my account came with access all the way through episode 5, including early access. No "free" account I create will have that unless I pay additional $.

7. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

I have a feeling that for crafters, at least, crafting specializations is going to make having additional characters more pointed. Specialization in the combat trees are helpful, but looks like they'll be mandatory for crafting (thus necessitating additional character slots/characters).

8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Until they're finished with episode 2 (and move on to episode 3) and make it F2P.

9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Yup.

10. golruul

golruul Avatar

I don't care what the state of the game was in the past -- I am explicitly discarding the fact that the game was not previously free-to-play because, right now today, that's completely irrelevant.

Right now, today, the whole game is free to play. What part isn't free to play? In the short-term future, the whole game will continue to be free-to-play.

Long-term, us non-devs do not really know when (or if) episode 2 will be coming out. Or whether that will be free-to-play as well.

And here it is. This is what I think the ulterior motive to prevent alts sharing xp is.

11. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Not on my side of things. If they're going to force XP to be pooled, I damn well am going to take full advantage of it as long as it lasts. Because I have a feeling if people make use of this heavily, Port may backtrack like they have on so many things that I never got to take advantage of while they were possible. Personally, I have very little invested in crafting at this time, so for me this is purely a theoretical. But I've seen plenty of crafters salivating at the opportunity it'll give them to use their high level crafting skills to generate large amounts of crafting XP towards the new specializations across multiple shared character slots.

12. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

You still have to earn that experience. Where you put it shouldn't matter.

Jaesun likes this.
  13. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Sure, but people with higher level crafting can make crafting XP significantly faster (For example, high level alchemy + certain potions can generate thousands of XP). Now they can use that XP to re-invest into other character slots. It'll certainly be a significant advantage to them that most people simply won't have anytime soon, particularly with the advent of crafting specializations. I personally think people should have to build up all avatars individually and not be able to power level them with their alts XP pools.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.