Pooled Exp Concerns

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Weins201, Apr 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

My understanding is its a shared pull on the account. This means that if you did have 60mil you can decide how to spend that total between all your alts. I do not believe its 60mil for each toon.

2. Ziege2

Ziege2 Avatar

Would this mean your adv. lev. would only increase as you spent pooled xp? Not as you earn it?

3. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

So just confirmed this on the QA.

The pool is shared and Adv level will only increase on spending of the pool. my one char is only adv level 26 with same poll I have on my main.

Alioth, ldykllr and joeziggy2 like this.
  4. Ziege2

Ziege2 Avatar

Hmm, so if you unlearn your skills, you adv. lev. will go down?

Interesting....

5. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

let me reset my main and then check my new alt in soltown. back in a few with an update.

6. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

Yep my main after removing my blades dropped down 4 levels which is based on the total of the XP I had.

Crendel and joeziggy2 like this.
  7. ldykllr

ldykllr Avatar

And experience pulled from the pool reduces the pool on all characters?

8. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

yes, its all shared so when used on one character its gone form the rest. adv level is now based on xp applied to overall skills. so it adjusts and you free them up and use them.

9. Ziege2

Ziege2 Avatar

I do not see how this new change matters at all...

For me, I will not be making my main less powerful to have a 2nd mediocre toon.

You could buy 100 alts and log em on for the 10k per day (1 mil. xp). It would take a lot longer to log them on, then to cap in UT :p

10. ldykllr

ldykllr Avatar

Thank you for confirming :)

11. Hillt

Hillt Avatar

Thanks for confirming Xee! Very helpful. I didn't think it would make much of a difference.

12. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

I have not tested on the crafting side yet if it plays out the same but I would assume so.

That said what it will do as OP stated is allow your main to Spec in the future into one craft and dump your xp / level down so that an alt could level and spec into another craft. This would then allow a single account to build a spec crafter for all the needs.
    Well true one has to realize that there is a cost to do this. All the gold / silver spent to achieve your 100+GM will have to be spent again to get that skill back so its not a free way to go about things. the amount of gold/silver required to get to GM is a very very large number and could costs millions and millions to get that alt up to where your main was.

At the same time I see the concern. There will be some that will for sure go that route just so they can GM enchant / MW everything to spec. Will it ruin the economy? I think in the short run it will allow some to gain, but in the long run it means that all will catch up faster to the big guys and prices across the board will drop into line once it becoming stable.

Think of it this way. the only thing the separates a 100 from a 140 is around 2-3 more points in stats, and that random chance to get something awesome. After the Spec change all will be making awesome so the big guys markets will take a huge hit as they will now be competing against all that can do the same. expect the top gear to become alot more common so all the money the big guys use to rake in on that "top gear" will becoming an everyday items at a fraction. markets will change that is for sure. I think only the big guys will get hurt by the spec stuff.

thats just my thoughts based on how it looks in my mind.

Alioth and ldykllr like this.
  13. golruul

golruul Avatar

I like this change.

I don't actually use my additional character slot, but it's nice to know that if I want to in the future I don't have to start from complete scratch.

14. D'Weasel

D'Weasel Avatar

I think this is a great idea, maybe leading to separate characters and separate specializations.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
  15. Scanphor

Scanphor Avatar

Nonsense - that's not even remotely what "shared pool" means

16. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

I do NOT believe that this is the case, but is based on xp's EARNED in the field.
    I am testing it now and report back when I am certain.

**EDIT**

NOW, I am certain.
    Adventurer Level is raised on xp's GAINED FROM KILLS, and NOT on simply applying xp's from the xp pool !

How I tested:
    My alt had exactly the same number of xp's in her pool that my main did .
    Checked and verified, both had almost 85 mill xp pool..

I used over 35mill pooled xp's and raised my alt's archery and a bunch of innates.
    When she began, she was at Adventurer Level 8.
    When she finished she was an accomplished archer :cool:, but still at Adventurer Level 8.
    I took her to South Ravenswood (Tier 4) and killed 3 Large Grizzly's.
    She is now Adventurer Level 10.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
    Alley Oop, Tiina Onir and Hillt like this.
  17. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Once you use your xp pool up on one character, it is no longer there on the other characters to use up. You still have to go kill stuff on one of your characters to build up the pool. That is no different than what we have now at all.

The only difference itll make at all is having seperate characters with different specializations. You can buy up to 10 character slots. So the average joe can spend 50 bucks and essentially have every economic specialization in the game remaining totally self sufficient on a single account.

18. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

this wouldnt be so bad as adventure level is still falsely percieved to provide things like hit chances and strength. If adv level was only based on what is spent in skills it would be far mroe accurate a representation of a characters ability than it is now primarily at earlier levels

Spoon and joeziggy2 like this.
  19. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

I would prefer each character kept his own pool, but it's down far enough on my list of complaints, I might as well not care. Clearly it's a single shared pool for the account; if it's done as multiple pools that are "primed" based the amount your initial character has when the alt is created, I'll eat my hat.

With regard to levels: While it's good to know what @FrostII has noticed, I think what @Xee thought makes more sense. (which is to say, I think it should be changed to what Xee thought)

Malimn likes this.
  20. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

You adventurer level (and producer level) are based on the experience at the time you earn it and always have been. So, your gain in AL is only on the avatar that earns the XP.

Arkah EMPstrike and FrostII like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.