Deliver Frostheist Skull

Discussion in 'New Player Experience Feedback' started by GoldKnight, Jan 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoldKnight

GoldKnight Avatar

I've killed over six frostgeists and have looted the skulls. I've returned to Esmeralda each time. She recognizes I have met a frostgeist and asks me to give her the skull so we can move to step two. However, she apologizes for her error and neither she nor my quest log move to step two. What am I doing wrong?

01/21/2019 09:55
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor (8) System RAM: 16277
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8079
    SotA.Win.64.892.Date.01.08.19
    Area: Novia_R6_Hills04_01
    Area Display Name: Highvale Outskirts
    Loc: (2.4, 194.0, -454.0)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjZfSGlsbHMwNF8wMXx8KDIuNDI4LCAxOTQsIC00NTMuOTY1KXwoMCwgMC45MTQsIDAsIC0wLjQwNSl8LTEzNS40MDg4fDI1LjM4ODk4fDUuOTk4ODE2

majoria70 likes this.
  2. Iminent

Iminent Avatar

VERY similar experience with step 3 of this quest line. I kill the elder Geists. Loot the skull, can see it in my bags. Go back to Esmealda and she carries on our conversation as though she is aware I have the skulls. But the trade window to give it to her either does not pop up at all. Or, it pops up for just a second and disappears. It behaves very much like a popup blocker will when catching a new pop up window slightly too late.

This also happened with the Tea Leaves turn in and the Geist Hex turn in. Though they were all attempted at the same time.

In my case... relogging the game fixed the issue first try.

I have almost identical specs as GoldKnight accept a 1080TI card and 32gbs of ram and 500gb solid state drive

3. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Strange. I have just created a new account, and had no problem with any of these windows not opening. Specifically the Frostgeist skulls or the tea leaves.

I clicked on the keywords and the give item window was working fine for me?

4. Jackblack

Jackblack Avatar

It is a bit buggy having completed it twice recently, but just keep closing and opening the menu after going through all the keywords and it does move on. EVENUALLY:)

5. Scott Adams

Scott Adams Avatar

I have the skull and tried many times to deliver using first step keyword. She keeps replying that I don't look cold enough - HA!

6. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

right now, pretty much all quests that involve turning in an item. it'll be fixed with the next patch tomorrow.

Jaesun and Scott Adams like this.
  7. Scott Adams

Scott Adams Avatar

Thank-you I will log and come back once fixed.

8. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Correct! And thanks for spreading the word, @Alley Oop ! It's been a busy day and I'm glad for the help. :)

9. kl4nk

kl4nk Avatar

Well that explain my new offline game being buggy as hell. Any quest with item to turn in is bugged

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.