Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

six items not remembering their resizing

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns & Player Housing' started by Alley Oop, Apr 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

04/25/2019 23:56
    Title: six items not remembering their resizing
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? no
    Details:

this angled ornate cast iron chimney has been shrunk as much as possible, but gets a little larger when the instance resets. it still thinks it's as small as it can go and will shrink no further.
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_02_template/Stinging Tree Hollow
    Area Display Name: Stinging Tree Hollow
    Loc: (135.5, 44.6, -3.7)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAyX3RlbXBsYXRlfFN0aW5naW5nIFRyZWUgSG9sbG93fCgxMzUuNTIsIDQ0LjYyNCwgLTMuNjc1KXwoMCwgMC41OTcsIDAsIC0wLjgwMil8Mjg2LjczMTF8MzQuOTE0ODV8MS4yNQ==
    [​IMG]

these two small bags, the puzzle box, and the middle chest in the stack keep resetting and thinking they're still shrunk. the top and the bottom chests do not.
    Area: Stinging Tree Hollow (POT_forest_metropolis_02_template/Stinging Tree Hollow) Loc: (117.046, 41.712, -69.175) DBG: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAyX3RlbXBsYXRlfFN0aW5naW5nIFRyZWUgSG9sbG93fCgxMTcuMDQ2LCA0MS43MTIsIC02OS4xNzUpfCgwLCAtMC44MTIsIDAsIDAuNTgzKXwtOTcuMjY4NDl8MjguNDM3MjV8MS4yNQ==
    [​IMG]

in all cases, i have to take the item into inventory and place again to be able to reshrink them. the bigger issue with these annoyances is that since they think they're at their smallest, you can upsize them past what should be possible.

Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4430 CPU @ 3.00GHz (4) System RAM: 24053
    GPU: GeForce GTX 970/PCIe/SSE2 GPU RAM: 4096
    SotA.Linux.64.958.Date.04.25.19

Jaesun and Sonja like this.
  2. Dartan Obscuro

Dartan Obscuro Avatar

I have a similar problem. I resized a bunch of stuff and it all appeared correct. I left the scene. When I returned items are randomly sized. Did deco planning for the contest on QA doing this and never had it happen there.

[​IMG]

Sonja likes this.
  3. Dartan Obscuro

Dartan Obscuro Avatar

I played around more. In the middle of my screen shot are two crafted carved figures oak cabinets stacked. When I pick them up into inventory and then place them they are the same size to me but to others in the scene one is smaller. I left the scene and came back and then also saw one was smaller. If I have someone else pick them up and place them, to them they look the same size but I see one as smaller. If I then increase the size of the small one, it does not change the appearance for the person that placed it but then it appears correct. Leaving and returning to the scene it stayed corrected.

Maybe some items have different default size values on the server than on the client?

Mishikal likes this.
  4. Dartan Obscuro

Dartan Obscuro Avatar

I took my two crafted carved figures oak cabinets to another lot. Placed them stacked (without resizing) and they looked correct for me and someone else in the scene. Then I stacked them (without resizing) on a rug which had been sized larger. Both cabinets appeared normal size for me but the top cabinet embiggened for my assistant. I left the scene and came back and then saw that the top cabinet was larger.

I realized all the items that had changed sized for me were placed on resized pavers or rugs and most were stacks of an item (casks, cabinets, wooden walls, stone and wood chimney floor extension).

Hope this helps track down the issue and this can be solved quickly before the deco contest ends!

Alley Oop and Mishikal like this.
  5. Alley Oop

my things weren't on rug/pavers, but they were all on things that were resized: the chimney on the stove and the chests and puzzle and bags on other chests. the chest pile is the interesting thing there, because the chest on the second level up and the box and bags on the fourth level were affected, but the third level was NOT. doesn't like even numbers?

Mishikal likes this.
  6. Alioth

Alioth Avatar

7. Summer Breeze

Summer Breeze Avatar

It's not only stacked items.

All the reward weapons I scaled up/down as deco have reset to their unscaled size.
    This is for these items put up on walls, as well as those stacked on other deco (3rd level, with 1st and 2nd level on the stack scaled as well and not getting unscaled).

I'll scale them again to see what happens as there's been a patch after placement, which might have caused the issue.

Dartan Obscuro and Mishikal like this.
  8. AoiBlue

AoiBlue Avatar

I'm having similar issues with my some of my beer and wine casks.

I'll leave them be for now so the devs can take a look, and I don't get frustrated trying to fix them.

Bug report, primarily given for location and debug info:

04/27/2019 13:36
    Title: Some Casks not remembering their scaling
    Reproduction Rate: 10% (affects roughly 10% of my casks 100% of the time.)
    Blocker? No, only blocks a feature
    Details: Some of my wine casks aren't remember the scaling settings I set them to.
    Steps to Reproduce: The some of the casks in the room (found by coordinates) aren't remembering their scaling. Rescale them and place them then note how they scale back the next time they are reloaded.
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1500X Quad-Core Processor (8) System RAM: 16037
    GPU: AMD Radeon (TM) RX 480 Graphics (POLARIS10, DRM 3.26.0, 4.18.0-17-generic, LLVM 9.0.0) GPU RAM: 7995
    SotA.Linux.64.959.Date.04.26.19
    Area: POT_island_metropolis_01_template/Diamond Fields
    Area Display Name: Diamond Fields
    Loc: (68.3, 96.7, 16.1)
    Debug: UE9UX2lzbGFuZF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxX3RlbXBsYXRlfERpYW1vbmQgRmllbGRzfCg2OC4yODMsIDk2LjY3MSwgMTYuMTA2KXwoMCwgLTAuNzU5LCAwLCAwLjY1MSl8LTk2LjE4MTY0fDI0LjYyNjg0fDIuMzI5OTk0

Dartan Obscuro and Mishikal like this.
  9. Alley Oop

testing failure: splitting up the resizing and the stacking (pull the item out, resize it, place it on the ground, let it go, then pick it up and move it on to its destination) does not help.

Dartan Obscuro and AoiBlue like this.
  10. Summer Breeze

Summer Breeze Avatar

I could not reproduce the scaling bug on the walls, but the ones on the stack still behave strangely:

They look fine scaled when logging out, but upon logging in they LOOK like they are back to their unscaled size.
    But upon trying to resize again, you can only scale them as if they were scaled like when you left.
    I.e. if you left them minimum size you can now upscale them 8 times from what is now an unscaled appearance, making for huge items.

Dartan Obscuro likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.