Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

I hate pick up loot in R65

Discussion in 'Release 65 Feedback' started by Admiralloyd, Apr 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Admiralloyd

Admiralloyd Avatar

Just little calculation
    Yesterday, i have 4788 kill's. [​IMG]
    For pick up 1 loot i need play animation 1.5 sec and wait responde from server 1-4 sec (average value 2.5)

1.5+2.5=4 sec
    4788*4=19152 sec
    19152/60=319.2 min
    319/60=5.3 hour's
    I spend FOR pick up loot 3-5 hour's

I'm tired of writing earlier in different sections of the forum to get at least some answer. I really now ask all those with whom I communicate to create a topic in each section of forum. if devs do not hear me again.

offer one
    1) Remove animation for pick up
    2) repair loot time for another country
    3) addfunction on option with autoloot every 10 sec in 5m radius
    offer two
    1) Addfunction for pet's in SHOP
    2) Autoloot every 5 sec
    3) PROFIT!$$$$

Kaeen, amarious, Dhanas and 2 others like this.
  2. Gia2

Gia2 Avatar

Definitely need of polish here.

Kaeen likes this.
  3. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

They can start query the server for loot on start of looting. And play the animation in parallel. If it is not already like this.
    I have some delay before the loot window pops up, when a new item needs to be loaded from disc. And that takes several seconds, why ever.

The 1.5 sec lasting animation should give the server 1.5 sec time to response with the loot bundle.

4. Admiralloyd

Admiralloyd Avatar

Need to remove the animation. And for loot not need target. This make more active game play

Kaeen likes this.
  5. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

I understand your frustration. But please do not remove loot animation, looting everything in a radius is a lot better. Just put all the loot from all the mobs killed in a radius into one loot bag.

6. Admiralloyd

Admiralloyd Avatar

for what you need animation? this make you stuck at place

7. Admiralloyd

Admiralloyd Avatar

This can be option in interface. Turn on\off looting animation.

8. Gia2

Gia2 Avatar

Keep animation but enable Loot Radius so every corpse within will be collected at once maybe

Feeyo and Admiralloyd like this.
  9. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

Well I like to loot corpses, the more animation the better. Or else it is all going to look so unfinished static..

Elwyn likes this.
  10. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

Removing the loot animation will not fix the latency "problem" he is having.

Jaesun likes this.
  11. Amariithynar

Amariithynar Avatar

Seconding addition of a "loot radius", and also the "nay"ing of disabling the animation. It's a pain in the butt to have to double-click each individual corpse to loot them. I'd only want this for enemy corpses, though, not for containers. Part of the enjoyment of looting containers is what might be inside them, and I'd rather retain that "have to search through the containers one by one to actively find the hidden loot" feeling.

EDIT: A key to press, as it seems it was before or so Jason_M references below me, would also be a good (revert)solution. Putting everything into double-clicking is bad, in and of itself, because it gets tiring- and mice left mouse buttons wear out faster than any other key I can think of, due to the relatively delicate manufacture vs. that of a keyboard, which even on discount versions tends to be fairly robust. As such, those would be the two things I'd give a "yay" to- Keyboard key press (or even just a setting in options to enable us to bind this) to loot instead of double-clicking, and a loot radius, either or, or even both at once. The former enables looting of containers, as well, if splitting corpse looting from it would be problematic.

EDIT THE SECOND: So seems like, even though it's not something informed to the player by any notable means (possibly listed in the key rebinding, but you have to actively search it out there if so) but pressing E while hovering over a lootable like a corpse, chest, or sack loots it. Hitting E again on the loot window initiates "take all". Looks like my issue is already dealt with, it's just not mentioned anywhere that I ever saw.

Last edited: May 8, 2019
    Dhanas likes this.
  12. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

It seems to me that in the past I could loot several corpses per animation. My dude would still be reaching out by the time I had smashed the e-key several times.

Looting does seem clunkier recently. I was fine with the way it was before.

Dhanas likes this.
  13. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

Not really seeing a difference on this end... I go do the things I do, and spam the E key when I am done, and voila! corpse loot everywhere...

14. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

The "lag" issue has nothing to do with other countries. I'm in the U.S., with a high speed connection, and it still takes a noticeably long time to loot, and it was that way pre-R65 as well (i.e., this is nothing new, but does need some sort of fix/resolution).

Amariithynar likes this.
  15. redfish

redfish Avatar

If they added a short loot timer, like with harvesting, but much shorter, it would get rid of the frustration of the server lag and not knowing when the loot window will pop up. Because then the looting would actually be timed to something concrete on screen, and players wouldn't have to guess whether their game connection is broken, or what.

Seriously, I keep suggesting this because it would solve a lot of issues in one blow:
    How a (short) loot time would help shared combat experiences

This is a basic UI/UX issue.

Auto-loot is the wrong way to go, would create a lot of usability issues IMO.

16. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

I think one of the issues is that loot isn't calculated until you open the corpse, so it has a major server dependency.

Amariithynar likes this.
  17. Admiralloyd

Admiralloyd Avatar

how many kill's you make in one day? 1 ? 2 ? 3?

This is MEGA REAL GOOOOOOOOOOD idea what i hear.
    You have bored life if this game mechanic real good and interested for you IMO.
    Auto-loot give game more active play.
    Not "Wait 10 sec for play"
    All these actions will be discussed as advertising in free phone games "See adv to continue playing"

18. redfish

redfish Avatar

Not what I suggested, and you wait a few seconds anyway because of server lag. Plus, people also wait around anyway between respawns.

I know where you're coming from and it seems counterintuitiv from your perspective, but it'll work and be better than what we have now.

19. Admiralloyd

Admiralloyd Avatar

........ I really glad not see your "game features" in game this is my last word about your idea. Sorry i no any other comments about this...

Amariithynar likes this.
  20. Pablo Hassahn

Pablo Hassahn Avatar

This could be a kind of a lazy function. Let the player take the lot with no blocks. The fact you need to put your pointer over the loot, push E or double click and press E again after the loot window gets rendered. Goal: no stupid delays, game competition for parties over the loot still exists (I dislike the idea for putting all loot to one bag because of that machanics).

Taking loot triggers all needed client-server procedures, including server checks for not having the loot taken before and throwing dice etc.
    Goal: leave collisions for poor connection issues only, without blocking user experience like Lloyd described.

No offence, guys, let's help the team improving our favourite MMO RPG!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.